ESPN, Big 12 Agree To Sweeping Media-Rights Deal | Page 4 | The Boneyard

ESPN, Big 12 Agree To Sweeping Media-Rights Deal

Reaction Score
Andrew Luck retires. But football is no more dangerous than soccer?
Did he retire due to concussions or is his injury similar to what ends the career of baseball pitchers?

nelsonmuntz

Point Center
Reaction Score
Did he retire due to concussions or is his injury similar to what ends the career of baseball pitchers?

He is just as retired. Some backup linebacker from the Ravens retired yesterday too. And this:

But football is no more dangerous than girls soccer. Or something.

BTW, the girls soccer concussion rates are misleading. Girls soccer players can play 40-50 or more games a year. Football plays 10-11.

Reaction Score
He is just as retired. Some backup linebacker from the Ravens retired yesterday too. And this:

But football is no more dangerous than girls soccer. Or something.

BTW, the girls soccer concussion rates are misleading. Girls soccer players can play 40-50 or more games a year. Football plays 10-11.
Its a full contact sport, so broken bones and torn ligaments are just part of it. You get those in other sports as well.. The real issue is the concussion aspect. Football is taking measures to reduce the frequency of this happening. It will always happen even with the precautions. Like everything else, if you choose to do it, there are risks involved. I remember Kevin Ware coming down from a jump shot and suffering the nastiest compound fracture i ever saw on TV.

I don't think one player retiring due to injury is indicative of anything. I would say football by the sheer nature of bodies colliding will have more injuries than other sports but an injury is an injury regardless of which sport it happens in.

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
I would say football by the sheer nature of bodies colliding will have more injuries than other sports
With both players getting a full head steam up before the collision. The impacts in pro football in particular are jaw dropping. That's part of the reason the game is so popular.

Reaction Score
With both players getting a full head steam up before the collision. The impacts in pro football in particular are jaw dropping. That's part of the reason the game is so popular.
I mean no one playing these days can make the claim they didn't know of the long term consequences. It's not just the brain injuries. Bodies pay a price. Luck is proof of that. So is Gronkowski. Conversely you get guys who play 15 years like Brady and Eli and Brees.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Woody69

Top Bottom