ESPN announcement for Jones? | Page 12 | The Boneyard

ESPN announcement for Jones?

CocoHusky

1,000,001 BY points
Reaction Score
Haley Jones postpones announcement due to wildfires in No. Cal .
"My signing day is not the most important thing right now," Jones said in a phone interview. "It is the Northern California wildfires. That's what we should be focused on, with all of the displaced people who have lost their homes. My signing can be postponed a few days."

Very thoughtful and mature young woman.

No. 1 prospect Haley Jones postpones college announcement

Reaction Score
There is a conspiracy theory of sorts that, because N.D. won the championship and Sam Brunelle committed there (actually her second choice), all of her friends--Boston, Buckers, Fudd, et al.--will follow her to South Bend. Some of us are skeptical. I'm highly skeptical.
If that theory is right, then why didn't Fudd and Bueckers go on their own dime to visit Jones and Boston at ND when they took their officials there? ;)

Reaction Score
Yeah, THAT Dr. Leigh Ann Curl, M.D., world-class orthopedic surgeon at Johns Hopkins, team doctor for a major university and NFL team, and member of the Academic Hall of Fame. Exactly how did attending UConn hold her b
Yeah, THAT Dr. Leigh Ann Curl, M.D., world-class orthopedic surgeon at Johns Hopkins, team doctor for a major university and NFL team, and member of the Academic Hall of Fame. Exactly how did attending UConn hold her back?
Chris Gedney, the first scholarship player for UConn Women basketball retired from the Air Force as a Lt. Colonel. She did some major work for the military.

Reaction Score
Haley Jones postpones announcement due to wildfires in No. Cal .
Unless there's some kind of waiver by the NCAA, she'll have to wait until spring to sign. This signing period ends Nov. 21st. Or she can sign and send it in and just postpone the ceremony.

victor64

retired Ohio teacher
Reaction Score
The article said that she is going to sign before the 21st, have it notarized, which must make it official and then send it to the school of choice after the announcement.

Reaction Score
Back when I attended in the early 70's the Dairy Bar was way more of a draw than the football or basketball programs. ;)
I admit that the Dairy Bar was above excellence but in the Early 70's I enjoyed many full house games. I didn't count the number in either place. Those teams among others earlier got me hooked on UConn BB.

Reaction Score
She's even got her own Wiki page. A member of the UConn basketball team and valedictorian! Wow!

Leigh Curl - Wikipedia
Nan---I watched the UC Men/Syracuse game replay--my comment not withstanding, I must reluctantly say you were right. Exciting, at times they looked like the UConn women on steroids .The coach is almost as much fun to watch as the team--he's into them. I may again become a Men's Fan..

Reaction Score
Sadly, a lot of those trees are on fire right now. I just read that the air in Northern CA is the worst on the
planet as a result of the wildfires.
That is hard to believe--Rt 5 requires a Tank with a saber nose to cut the "fresh" air.

MilfordHusky

Voice of Reason
Reaction Score
If that theory is right, then why didn't Fudd and Bueckers go on their own dime to visit Jones and Boston at ND when they took their officials there? ;)
Exactly!

HGN

Reaction Score
I agree she will play as a freshman wherever she goes, but with Lou and Pheesa graduating, I see her starting right away. Not sure that situation exists at Stanford.
I can see BOTH Jones and Boston starting if they land in Storrs. With Lou and Pheesa graduating and being front court players , Jones and Boston fill the void. With ONO and Griffin heading up a strong bench. A strong front 7. A NC calibre team.

donalddoowop

Who put the Bop in the Bop Shoo Bop?
Reaction Score
Will some Boneyarder tell me what player or players who played on a team other than UConn has or had similar basketball skills as Jones? How does she compare to recent highly ranked wings or forwards?

Reaction Score
Per the Notre Dame message board there was a article regarding muffett and the recruiting class.. basically said she is done for this years class and she would be shocked if Boston or Jones head to Notre Dame. Go on there message board and read it yourself .. actual quotes by muffett herself. I believe we sign both players.. even with the tragic devastation in California Haley still ends up in storrs.. I believe it came down to Stanford and UCONN but the relationship with Geno and coaching staff and the potential playing with her good friend Boston who she played with all summer and still getting a good education and not to mention playing for the best coach in the history of the game will win out in the end. At first I thought Stanford all along but the more I’ve thought it through she will end up in storrs. I’m sure Lou talked a lot to Haley on her visit all about leaving California passing up a Stanford education leaving home and how her basketball career at UCONN has made her a national champion and a first team all American.

Reaction Score
Per the Notre Dame message board there was a article regarding muffett and the recruiting class.. basically said she is done for this years class and she would be shocked if Boston or Jones head to Notre Dame. Go on there message board and read it yourself .. actual quotes by muffett herself. I believe we sign both players.. even with the tragic devastation in California Haley still ends up in storrs.. I believe it came down to Stanford and UCONN but the relationship with Geno and coaching staff and the potential playing with her good friend Boston who she played with all summer and still getting a good education and not to mention playing for the best coach in the history of the game will win out in the end. At first I thought Stanford all along but the more I’ve thought it through she will end up in storrs. I’m sure Lou talked a lot to Haley on her visit all about leaving California passing up a Stanford education leaving home and how her basketball career at UCONN has made her a national champion and a first team all American.
Hope it becomes a reality and that Muffet was not bluffing.

Reaction Score
She also played all summer with good friends Belibi (19) and Brink (20) who are Stanford commits as I stated earlier. Brink and Jump also play on her club team.

CocoHusky

1,000,001 BY points
Reaction Score
Will some Boneyarder tell me what player or players who played on a team other than UConn has or had similar basketball skills as Jones? How does she compare to recent highly ranked wings or forwards?
In your backyard: Sophie Cunningham of Missouri because Haley can carry an entire team. In the not too distant past Kayla McBride for her complete offensive arsenal. Tiffany Mitchell because she can shine alongside another star and will play both ends of the floor.
These next one will be controversial: She has the best qualities of Diamond Deshields (athleticism) and NONE of the negatives. If you want to go way back, i certainly don't because of the decision Haley is contemplating, Candace Wiggins.

Reaction Score
Hope it becomes a reality and that Muffet was not bluffing.
Stanford did something similar. Both Stanford and ND have put out their press releases essentially saying "meet our 2019 recruits." It doesn't explicitly mean no more 2019 recruits are coming, but some have thought if Tara and Muffet expected or thought there could be more why not wait to put out such a statement?

Gus Mahler

Popular Composer
Reaction Score
You’re right. It’s not an olinguito. I think it’s a binturon, also known as a bearcat. It’s native to SE Asia.
Oldude, are you a naturalist or zoologist, or is this a hobby interest?

Gus Mahler

Popular Composer
Reaction Score
Uhhhhh.... ok... thought I read that he/she predicted Jones, Boston, Bueckers and Fudd to UCONN... but not Horston.
So he/she got Horston right... and the new "Jones not announcing today"... that's now 2 for 2... any ball player would like that shooting percentage, batting average, etc.
Not a very large N though.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CJasmer

Top Bottom