EPL season thread | The Boneyard

EPL season thread

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score
Was looking for somewhere to complain about the no penalty call against Arsenal in the 8th minute of the WBA match. What a crock.

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score
Arsenal getting the Duke whistle.

Up 1-0 off a bogus foul instead of down 1-0.

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score
This game may be fixed. My lord what a joke on the non call in the 22nd minute.

Shouldered a guy to the ground with no whistle.

Reaction Score
terrible no-call when Rodriguez got taken down in the box. WBA should have gone to the break at worst 1-1, of not up 2-1 Arsenal had an amazing clearance late 1st half on the header... unreal.

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score
terrible no-call when Rodriguez got taken down in the box. WBA should have gone to the break at worst 1-1, of not up 2-1 Arsenal had an amazing clearance late 1st half on the header... unreal.

And then they gave Arsenal a marginal penalty. Total joke.

They don't have enough advantages - they need every call too I guess.

shizzle787

King Shizzle DCCLXXXVII of the Cesspool
Reaction Score
This is more like the Arsenal crying thread.

Reaction Score
And then they gave Arsenal a marginal penalty. Total joke.

They don't have enough advantages - they need every call too I guess.

They need all the help they can get to finish 7th.

Reaction Score
Mustafi should've been called for a penalty, no doubt about it. Dude needs to learn to stay on his feet. But the foul call before Arsenal's first goal was not "bogus", Elneny passed the ball and then Evans took him out, that's a foul everyday. I am not sure what non call you're referring to in the 22nd minute, but Ramsey was hip checked out of bounds with Nyom not even trying to go for the ball and you call it a marginal penalty? He should make an attempt on the ball next time. Arsenal definitely got lucky yesterday, between calls going their way and good chances that West Brom created, including this ridiculous Monreal goal line clearance: Great Nacho Monreal goal-line clearance

Waquoit

Mr. Positive
Reaction Score
The Albion Derby race is tightening up. West Brom only one point clear.

meyers7

You Talkin’ To Me?
Reaction Score
Wah wah. Yea he could have called the Penalty on Mustafi. But they did get two cracks at the goal on that play. Arsenal didn't get any cracks at goal on the non call when Sanchez was taken down in the box (the shirt pull). Krychowiak was lucky to still be on the pitch at the end of the game after what should have been a 2nd yellow. Foul on Ramsey would have been a foul anywhere else on the pitch. So complain all you want, it was still a foul. And Sanchez, though he went down easy, was fouled before the freekick.

West Brom was unlucky not to score with the chances they created. Some last ditch defending by Arsenal (it gets old - you're using 3 CB's for a reason, so why is Koscielny up by WBA's 18 yard box in the run of play????).

But overall, Arsenal should have gotten the 3 points.

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score
Wah wah. Yea he could have called the Penalty on Mustafi. But they did get two cracks at the goal on that play. Arsenal didn't get any cracks at goal on the non call when Sanchez was taken down in the box (the shirt pull). Krychowiak was lucky to still be on the pitch at the end of the game after what should have been a 2nd yellow. Foul on Ramsey would have been a foul anywhere else on the pitch. So complain all you want, it was still a foul. And Sanchez, though he went down easy, was fouled before the freekick.

West Brom was unlucky not to score with the chances they created. Some last ditch defending by Arsenal (it gets old - you're using 3 CB's for a reason, so why is Koscielny up by WBA's 18 yard box in the run of play????).

But overall, Arsenal should have gotten the 3 points.

Could have?

The referee was the number one trending topic on twitter for a reason.

If it was 1-0 like it should have been tell me some more about how Aresnal should have gotten the three points.

All that money and all those calls to finish a distance 7th. Congrats.

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score
There is literally no argument that a shirt tug or Nyom's bump is a penalty in a game when Rodriguez got assaulted for no call.

1-0 with Aresenal down to 10 men is 100x more legitimate than any claim Arsenal deserved any penalty call.

meyers7

You Talkin’ To Me?
Reaction Score
Could have?
Yea, could have? Did I stutter? Instead he gave them 2 shots at goal.

If it was 1-0 like it should have been tell me some more about how Arsenal should have gotten the three points.
He calls both penalties for Arsenal. 2-1 at that point.

All that money and all those calls to finish a distance 7th. Congrats.
All that money? You obviously know nothing about Arsenal. And when has Arsenal ever finished 7th in the EPL??? We hadn't finished out of the top 4 in 20 years until last season when we finished 5th, 1 pt out of 4th.

Transfer money the last 5 years

Man City - £723M
ManU - £611M
Chelsea - £544M
Liverpool -£396M
Tottenham - £329M
Arsenal - £298M

All those calls??

EPL Penalties Called (1992-2017)

Arsenal - 78 For / 64 Against +12
Chelsea - 85/41 +44
ManU - 82/41 +41
Man City - 86/51 +35
Liverpool - 90/55 +45
Tottenham - 69/62 +7

Wake up buttercup and do a little research before running your mouth off.

meyers7

You Talkin’ To Me?
Reaction Score
There is literally no argument that a shirt tug or Nyom's bump is a penalty in a game when Rodriguez got assaulted for no call.

1-0 with Aresenal down to 10 men is 100x more legitimate than any claim Arsenal deserved any penalty call.
Here you go again. How did they get down to 10 men?

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score
Here you go again. How did they get down to 10 men?

The red that could have been given on the first penalty. Duh.

The officiating was an absolute joke.

Wow only +12? WBA hasn't gotten a penalty call in over a year buttercup. Won't someone think of the poor disadvantaged clubs like Arsenal?

I referee was the #1 topic on twitter because he did such a darn good job.

The game was giftwrapped - stop trying to pretend it was anything else because it's ridiculous.

meyers7

You Talkin’ To Me?
Reaction Score
The red that could have been given on the first penalty. Duh.
Red for what? DOGSO? (I assume that's where you are going, even though you probably don't have a clue, obviously - but I'll give you the benefit of the doubt.)

Ok, here we go. 1) you can't give a DOGSO red card when the team actually gets 2 goal scoring opportunities. 2) with FIFA's new interpretation of DOGSO, since Mustafi was making an attempt to play the ball (poorly granted), it would actually be a yellow. DUH

Wow only +12? WBA hasn't gotten a penalty call in over a year buttercup. Won't someone think of the poor disadvantaged clubs like Arsenal?
Geez. Like fish in a barrel.

Last season
Arsenal - 6 for / 10 against -4
WBA - 1 for / 3 against -2

How much you guys paying the refs????

I referee was the #1 topic on twitter because he did such a darn good job.
Well at least we know where you are getting all your "knowledge".

giphy.gif

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score
Red for what? DOGSO? (I assume that's where you are going, even though you probably don't have a clue, obviously - but I'll give you the benefit of the doubt.)

Ok, here we go. 1) you can't give a DOGSO red card when the team actually gets 2 goal scoring opportunities. 2) with FIFA's new interpretation of DOGSO, since Mustafi was making an attempt to play the ball (poorly granted), it would actually be a yellow. DUH

Geez. Like fish in a barrel.

Last season
Arsenal - 6 for / 10 against -4
WBA - 1 for / 3 against -2

How much you guys paying the refs????

Well at least we know where you are getting all your "knowledge".

giphy.gif

Yeah the whole world is wrong. Not the Arsenal partisans.

Comedy.

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score
Just show me where I'm wrong.

Every single non-Arsenal supporter in the world knows it was a penalty.

Not thinks - knows.

So you got your gift and got your points. Maybe be grateful instead of quadrupling down on such stupidity.

Waquoit

Mr. Positive
Reaction Score
Hey whaler, when did you turn into upstater?

meyers7

You Talkin’ To Me?
Reaction Score
Every single non-Arsenal supporter in the world knows it was a penalty.

Not thinks - knows.

So you got your gift and got your points. Maybe be grateful instead of quadrupling down on such stupidity.
I said the ref could have called it. i.e. it was penalty worthy. But so where the two for Arsenal. Only one was called though. And on the one not called for WBA, they got still got 2 goal scoring opportunities, while on the one not called for Arsenal, they did not. Mustafi would have, if the foul had been called, received a YC. Krychowiak should have received a 2nd YC and a send off. So if the ref had called everything correctly, Arsenal wins 3-1 and WBA plays with 10 men for the last part of the 2nd half. And Arsenal probably puts another on in. So if you want to play "what if", Arsenal wins 4-1 and you lose Krychowiak for another game. You are better off losing 0-2 and keeping Krychowiak for your next game.

So yea, if you want to whine about the ref, sure he made some mistakes, BUT WBA is the one who was handed the gifts.

So again, please explain where I'm wrong. Besides, Twitter says or everybody says. See if you can actually come up with something on your own.

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score
I said the ref could have called it. i.e. it was penalty worthy. But so where the two for Arsenal. Only one was called though. And on the one not called for WBA, they got still got 2 goal scoring opportunities, while on the one not called for Arsenal, they did not. Mustafi would have, if the foul had been called, received a YC. Krychowiak should have received a 2nd YC and a send off. So if the ref had called everything correctly, Arsenal wins 3-1 and WBA plays with 10 men for the last part of the 2nd half. And Arsenal probably puts another on in. So if you want to play "what if", Arsenal wins 4-1 and you lose Krychowiak for another game. You are better off losing 0-2 and keeping Krychowiak for your next game.

So yea, if you want to whine about the ref, sure he made some mistakes, BUT WBA is the one who was handed the gifts.

So again, please explain where I'm wrong. Besides, Twitter says or everybody says. See if you can actually come up with something on your own.

This is total and complete nonsense.

You support clowns like Sanchez being rewarded for diving while honest players like Rodriguez are disadvantaged. What a tremendous fan you are - great for the game. Maybe they can start awarding penalties everytime an Arensal jersey is tugged.

Rest easy you and Wegner are right - the entire rest of the world is wrong. It's by definition 100% wrong to assume the game plays out the same way if the correct call is made in the 8th minute. Maybe consider the fact that everything that happened afterwards is dependent on that missed call.

There are few things better than women's board posters when they try and enter the general population. It never gets old.

Clearly you are right - everyone else is wrong and if WBA went up 1-0 in the 8th minute everything that happened after would have been exactly the same.

Last edited:

meyers7

You Talkin’ To Me?
Reaction Score
This is total and complete nonsense.

You support clowns like Sanchez being rewarded for diving while honest players like Rodriguez are disadvantaged. What a tremendous fan you are - great for the game. Maybe they can start awarding penalties everytime an Arensal jersey is tugged.

Rest easy you and Wegner are right - the entire rest of the world is wrong. It's by definition 100% wrong to assume the game plays out the same way if the correct call is made in the 8th minute. Maybe consider the fact that everything that happened afterwards is dependent on that missed call.

There are few things better than women's board posters when they try and enter the general population. It never gets old.

Clearly you are right - everyone else is wrong and if WBA went up 1-0 in the 8th minute everything that happened after would have been exactly the same.
So you can't tell me where I was wrong. Ok got it. You just like to whine.

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score
So you can't tell me where I was wrong. Ok got it. You just like to whine.

Penalties are judgment calls. Obviously there isn't anyway to prove someone 'wrong' buttercup that's why you keep repeating it. It's an impossible standard.

The proof you are 'wrong' is that every sentient being on the planet except Wegner and Aresenal supporters agree that you are wrong. Wow the people who were advantaged by a ridiculouly bad call don't think it's a bad call.

If it's whining to point out Albion's chance at a good result was stolen by the referee in the 8th minute then sure I'm whining.

It's better than being an obtuse fool who wants to ignore reality.

meyers7

You Talkin’ To Me?
Reaction Score
Penalties are judgment calls. Obviously there isn't anyway to prove someone 'wrong' buttercup that's why you keep repeating it. It's an impossible standard.

The proof you are 'wrong' is that every sentient being on the planet except Wegner and Aresenal supporters agree that you are wrong. Wow the people who were advantaged by a ridiculouly bad call don't think it's a bad call.

If it's whining to point out Albion's chance at a good result was stolen by the referee in the 8th minute then sure I'm whining.

It's better than being an obtuse fool who wants to ignore reality.
Well like I said, if you want every call to be correct, the score would be at least 3-1, probably 4-1 and your player missing for the next game. If that's what you want, it seems pretty stupid to me.

So let me get this straight, you're whining and complaining because the 1 call that went against you changed everything and you guys would have won, however the 2 calls that would have went against you....well they don't matter, we're not even gonna talk about them, they would have no effect on the outcome at all. And somehow you are calling me a "homer"??? I do think thou protests too much.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Woody69

Top Bottom