EPL season thread | Page 2 | The Boneyard

EPL season thread

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score
Well like I said, if you want every call to be correct, the score would be at least 3-1, probably 4-1 and your player missing for the next game. If that's what you want, it seems pretty stupid to me.

So let me get this straight, you're whining and complaining because the 1 call that went against you changed everything and you guys would have won, however the 2 calls that would have went against you....well they don't matter, we're not even gonna talk about them, they would have no effect on the outcome at all. And somehow you are calling me a "homer"??? I do think thou protests too much.

You are conflating the non-call in the 8th with the non-call of a jersey tug that gets ignored hundreds of times a season and then concluding something as dopey as see one bad call each.

Listen lots of sports fans have no ability to be objective - the only shame is a complete lack or self-awareness.

To you it's good for floppers to be rewarded and honest players disadvantaged as long as it helps your club. Again lots of other sports fans care about their club/team over the legitimacy of the result - and like you few own in.

meyers7

You Talkin’ To Me?
Reaction Score
You are conflating the non-call in the 8th with the non-call of a jersey tug that gets ignored hundreds of times a season and then concluding something as dopey as see one bad call each.
If you want all the fouls called, then you have to live with the consequences. Seems you don't like that. You only want the fouls called that benefit your team.

Listen lots of sports fans have no ability to be objective
You don't say. I will definitely agree with you on this.

To you it's good for floppers to be rewarded
Where did floppers enter into this??? We are talking about Mustafi's foul, foul on Ramsey, foul on Sanchez and Krychiak's foul (that should have been a 2nd YC).

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score
If you want all the fouls called, then you have to live with the consequences. Seems you don't like that. You only want the fouls called that benefit your team.

You don't say. I will definitely agree with you on this.

Where did floppers enter into this??? We are talking about Mustafi's foul, foul on Ramsey, foul on Sanchez and Krychiak's foul (that should have been a 2nd YC).

I want the fouls called. Correctly. Regardless of whom they are on.

Do you not understand that if the penalty is correctly given in the 8th minute that the rest of the game would have been different?

Everything that happened afterwards was conditional on the first missed call?

meyers7

You Talkin’ To Me?
Reaction Score
I want the fouls called. Correctly. Regardless of whom they are on.
Well there you go 3/4-1 and your guy is out next game. That's what I've been saying.

Do you not understand that if the penalty is correctly given in the 8th minute that the rest of the game would have been different?

Everything that happened afterwards was conditional on the first missed call?
Sure, you want to play what if? So you know maybe you get two guys sent off and Arsenal wins 10-1. That would have been different.

We can make stuff up or just deal with what actually happened. Since it doesn't benefit you, you would rather dwell in fantasy land. I get that.

All this whining isn't gonna change the outcome.

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score
Well there you go 3/4-1 and your guy is out next game. That's what I've been saying.

Sure, you want to play what if? So you know maybe you get two guys sent off and Arsenal wins 10-1. That would have been different.

We can make stuff up or just deal with what actually happened. Since it doesn't benefit you, you would rather dwell in fantasy land. I get that.

All this whining isn't gonna change the outcome.

So you don't get the concept of conditional events. Kewl.

UCFBfan

Semi Kings of New England!
Reaction Score
I think we need to change the title of this thread.....

Reaction Score
Let's get this back on topic of the thread title....
This Harry Kane kid just might stick around top flight football for a little bit. Now, if Spurs can just figure out how to win at Wembley they could have a great season.

UCFBfan

Reaction Score
If Swansea can figure out how to put the ball in the net they might not be in a relegation battle all flipping season like last year....

It's so frustrating because they have the parts. They just need to click. They are really missing Siggy as someone who can create and get the ball to the forwards. I think Mesa can be good and Sanches will continue to grow. Hopefully they do it soon!

Waquoit

Mr. Positive
Reaction Score
Spectacular 1st goal by WBA. Hoping whaler is feeling a bit better.

UCFBfan

Reaction Score
Unreal crap game for Swansea. Not looking good, again, this year. I still believe in Paul Clement but this is ridiculous. Second week in a row that they have lost a draw in the 90'. At least Watford is decent, West Ham is terrible. Into the drop zone we go for now....

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score
Spectacular 1st goal by WBA. Hoping whaler is feeling a bit better.

Did you see me complain about the foul or clock that allowed Watford to tie the game in the 95th minute when where was 4 minutes of extra time. Nope.

That ending then UConn then the Giants this weekend. Good times.

meyers7

You Talkin’ To Me?
Reaction Score
And now on to the Interlull.

At least the matches will determine some things.

UCFBfan

Reaction Score
Did you see me complain about the foul or clock that allowed Watford to tie the game in the 95th minute when where was 4 minutes of extra time. Nope.

That ending then UConn then the Giants this weekend. Good times.
This has been my weekend the past two weeks! Swansea blowing a draw in the 90' min or later and then UConn losing on a missed FG vs ECU and then SMU and then the Giants losing on game winning FGs two weeks in a row. Sucks man! I feel your pain.

Reaction Score
Let's get this back on topic of the thread title....
This Harry Kane kid just might stick around top flight football for a little bit. Now, if Spurs can just figure out how to win at Wembley they could have a great season.

They've been terrible at Wembley, except Dortmund. Maybe Pochettino should convince them every game at Wembley is a CL game.

Reaction Score
They've been terrible at Wembley, except Dortmund. Maybe Pochettino should convince them every game at Wembley is a CL game.
or they should wear their away kits at Wembley... something. If they can unlock that, they can have a pretty special season... although i think both Manchester clubs are far and away better than the rest of the league right now.

Reaction Score
Good slate of 4 games today. Yedlin starts for NUFC. Spurs need a WIN

Reaction Score
Spurs need to right the ship and get things going. They look very disjointed. I didn't watch the Watford game, but they have looked terrible as of late. Big opportunity to stay in the hunt for top 4 or fall too far behind with the holiday run of games fast approaching.

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score
I hate this league and this sport. So very very much.

Reaction Score
Part of me likes that Premier League version of a champion without a playoff since it rewards the team that showed itself best for a whole season, but it does make it ant-climactic where you have a team running away with the season. Do people stay interested based on qualifying for Champions League, Europa League, and avoiding relegation? Do any of the European leagues have a playoff system?

UCFBfan

Reaction Score
As a fan of a team who last year barely escaped the drop and is currently propping up the table by being in dead last, I can tell you that the season is interesting all year long. Whether your team is in the top half fighting for a Europa or Champions league spot or if your in the bottom fighting for your lives, there’s something for everyone. Plus, it’s not often that your team is constantly in the middle just playing out the season. However, it would be nice for my club to be in that position. I’m really thinking they are not surviving this year....

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
HassanDawg

Top Bottom