EPL season thread | Page 3 | The Boneyard

EPL season thread

Reaction Score
As a fan of a team who last year barely escaped the drop and is currently propping up the table by being in dead last, I can tell you that the season is interesting all year long. Whether your team is in the top half fighting for a Europa or Champions league spot or if your in the bottom fighting for your lives, there’s something for everyone. Plus, it’s not often that your team is constantly in the middle just playing out the season. However, it would be nice for my club to be in that position. I’m really thinking they are not surviving this year....

I'm assuming Swansea? It seams like a lot of teams escape relegation for a year and then fully lose it the next year. There could be a good fight to stay out of relegation this year.

Interesting how Americans choose their teams. My son chose Man U because his U8 coach was a big fan. He had no clue that they were a traditional power. My daughter went with Chelsea because she liked their color blue. Similarly, she had no idea that they were a top tier team. My wife took a liking to Crystal Palace, because she thought it was cool that they were named after the Crystal Palace that she remembered in books. I liked the sea horses on Newcastle's crest. I also liked Everton because of Tim Howard. Random team selection did not work as well for my wife an me. I somewhat pull for Man U now because my son has become the huge fan and we've sunk a bunch of money into their merchandise over the last 4+ years.

SubbaBub

Your stupidity is ruining my country.
Reaction Score
I followed Fulham for a while when it was Fulhamerica. Became an Everton fan for the same reason, but stuck with them after Howard left. Glad they are off the bottom.

meyers7

You Talkin’ To Me?
Reaction Score
Part of me likes that Premier League version of a champion without a playoff since it rewards the team that showed itself best for a whole season, but it does make it ant-climactic where you have a team running away with the season. Do people stay interested based on qualifying for Champions League, Europa League, and avoiding relegation? Do any of the European leagues have a playoff system?
Not that I know of, but I think all (most) have a form of FA and/or League Cup, which are knockout tournaments. Those can be fun to follow. Kinda gives you a playoff type atmosphere.

UCFBfan

Semi Kings of New England!
Reaction Score
I'm assuming Swansea? It seams like a lot of teams escape relegation for a year and then fully lose it the next year. There could be a good fight to stay out of relegation this year.

Interesting how Americans choose their teams. My son chose Man U because his U8 coach was a big fan. He had no clue that they were a traditional power. My daughter went with Chelsea because she liked their color blue. Similarly, she had no idea that they were a top tier team. My wife took a liking to Crystal Palace, because she thought it was cool that they were named after the Crystal Palace that she remembered in books. I liked the sea horses on Newcastle's crest. I also liked Everton because of Tim Howard. Random team selection did not work as well for my wife an me. I somewhat pull for Man U now because my son has become the huge fan and we've sunk a bunch of money into their merchandise over the last 4+ years.
I really liked Swansea's story and how they Rose through the ranks. Plus I was in Wales a few years back and randomly was offered tickets to a game and have been a fan ever since.

It just sucks that once your team drops you lose any real access to watching any games. However, with NBCs change to their coverage, I rarely am able to catch any Swansea games as it is.

meyers7

You Talkin’ To Me?
Reaction Score
WBA loses every game.
Ah, but is that the league or sports fault, or WBA's fault?

The fault is not in our stars, but ourselves. :rolleyes:

meyers7

You Talkin’ To Me?
Reaction Score
@meyers7, I just found out I’ll be at Wembkey on Feb 10 for the North London Derby! COYS.
Oh you dog. Enjoy!! (the experience,not the outcome)

A friend of my wife's is at the Liverpool-Tottenham game today.

22o7zt.jpg

Reaction Score
Oh you dog. Enjoy!! (the experience,not the outcome)

A friend of my wife's is at the Liverpool-Tottenham game today.
Great result!!
Great time at Wembley... the result and the environment. My seats were the home section next to the Arsenal fans section, so a lot of good back and forth (security is crazy right between the home and visiting sections, even more than it appears in TV). First half was a bit of a bore, not much activity or great chances. Second half was a lot of fun... up and down the pitch, great chances for both teams. Spurs probably should have put 3-4 in, and Arsenal was a few inches away from getting the draw on the final kick of the game. What was most impressive was all the movement and communication between players, especially the back lines, that you don’t see on TV.
COYS!

Reaction Score
My Man U fanatic just turned 12 year old son just met Lukaku at a Nets game and got a picture with him. He's so happy.

Reaction Score
My Man U fanatic just turned 12 year old son just met Lukaku at a Nets game and got a picture with him. He's so happy.

hope he enjoyed Rom's performance against LFC on the weekend. bossed Lovren and secured the pts for Utd.

hope he doesn't enjoy the "Jose way". Cannot fathom watching that crock week by week

Reaction Score
hope he enjoyed Rom's performance against LFC on the weekend. bossed Lovren and secured the pts for Utd.

hope he doesn't enjoy the "Jose way". Cannot fathom watching that crock week by week

To be fair, bossing Lovren has been accomplished by a long list of strikers this season.

Reaction Score
To be fair, bossing Lovren has been accomplished by a long list of strikers this season.

sad truth. though most of his fault is his own doing, guy does not do himself any favors. Rom (Jose) built their gameplan around it and it paid off big time. Not sure Matip would've faired better, to be fair.

Waquoit

Mr. Positive
Reaction Score
Man U played their A game for sure. A bit of cold water to the face, this game.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
leepaul

Top Bottom