EPL Prediction time | Page 4 | The Boneyard

EPL Prediction time

meyers7

You Talkin’ To Me?
Reaction Score
Well at last, we finally won a PL game. :D First win since Oct 6th. :(

Reaction Score
Wolves/Spurs was a phenomenal game! Even though Wolves lost, I thought they played fantastic and pretty much dominated the game. Would have been nice to get a ball across the line on one of their 11 corners. Two defensive lapses cost them.

Adama Traore's speed continues to drive opponents nus and he figures in almost all Wolves scoring chances. Putting him on the ground seems to be the easiest way to keep him in check. In 26 appearances this season, opponents have been booked for 24 cards on him.

meyers7

You Talkin’ To Me?
Reaction Score
Looks like Arsenal is gonna get Arteta for their new coach. 0 head coaching experience. However, Wenger and Guardiola speak pretty highly of him.

At least it's moving forward and not just sitting here with a caretaker with no staff.

Reaction Score
Looks like Arsenal is gonna get Arteta for their new coach. 0 head coaching experience. However, Wenger and Guardiola speak pretty highly of him.

At least it's moving forward and not just sitting here with a caretaker with no staff.

Whoever gets the gig, has a lot of work to do. From the top down, their needs to be an evaluation as to what Arsenal's culture is on and off the pitch.

Waquoit

Mr. Positive
Reaction Score
Trace the record of the club since they were bought by the current owners. I'd be surprised if anything changes without regime change.

Reaction Score
Trace the record of the club since they were bought by the current owners. I'd be surprised if anything changes without regime change.

No argument there about Arsenal...

Reaction Score
Well, looks like Arteta will be the Gunner's new manager. As I said before, he won't be successful unless there is at least a cultural shift above him.

Oh, and if you play any sport, never dish out any criticism on the Chinese government, even if its true, of they will ban your team from national TV in China and even delete your avatar from video games. Of course, since it's Ozil, must be hard to delete some one from the pitch who is rarely there in the first place. Cripes.

Reaction Score
Is there a bar that opens for Premier League games in the greater Hartford area on weekend mornings?

I see that the Tavern Downtown is home to the Connecticut Outlaws but I wondered if it had a big showing for EPL Saturdays and Sundays.

Reaction Score
Is there a bar that opens for Premier League games in the greater Hartford area on weekend mornings?

I see that the Tavern Downtown is home to the Connecticut Outlaws but I wondered if it had a big showing for EPL Saturdays and Sundays.
President of the Hartford Outlaws here - Tavern is a great spot to watch the US Men & Women but not so much for the EPL or other European leagues (sans the UCL final which is a helluva good time) - we tried to get them to open the downstairs on weekends but they refused to staff it and commit to being a true soccer haven. We are hosting our annual holiday party and fundraiser down there tonight if you're around and want to meet some soccer fans in the area.

To answer your question - Half Door and Vaughan's are the soccer bars to check out on weekend in Hartford. New Haven has a strong presence as well if you want to make the drive out there.

Reaction Score
President of the Hartford Outlaws here - Tavern is a great spot to watch the US Men & Women but not so much for the EPL or other European leagues (sans the UCL final which is a helluva good time) - we tried to get them to open the downstairs on weekends but they refused to staff it and commit to being a true soccer haven. We are hosting our annual holiday party and fundraiser down there tonight if you're around and want to meet some soccer fans in the area.

To answer your question - Half Door and Vaughan's are the soccer bars to check out on weekend in Hartford. New Haven has a strong presence as well if you want to make the drive out there.

That's great! I figured you had some connection with that username. I figured it would be tough to open a bar for anything earlier than 11:00 games (not that I have any issues with 9:00 AM beers). I was in there at noon on an NFL Sunday and sat at the bar for 15 minutes before somebody saw me. It's an oddly run place, but I usually have lunch there a few times a month. I just had lunch there this afternoon.

I love watching in the comfort of my own home, but every now and then I'd like to sit with like minded people and hoist a few while watching.

Waquoit

Mr. Positive
Reaction Score
I love watching in the comfort of my own home, but every now and then I'd like to sit with like minded people and hoist a few while watching.

This Sunday seems like a good time to check out The Half Door for Chelsea-Spurs. I think they do a fine Eggs Benedict and $5. Bloody Mary's. I'm thinking we might stop there before the men's game at the XL.

Reaction Score
Watched the Chelsea v Tottenham match today hoping to catch a glimpse of Pulisic. He did not see the pitch. Instead I saw a very choppy game where the student out-coached the master combined with a very shaky officiating crew led by Anthony Taylor. How did he originally call a foul on Alonso when all he did was pull-back to instinctively brace for the flying tackle by Gazzaniga is beyond me. That was more of a Red Card for violent conduct that the Red given to Son. that said, Son foolishly lashed out at Rudiger, who may have embellished the contact a "bit," which then left the interpretation of the play to the officials, which is just asking for trouble. While I get the Tottenham fans were incensed over those two calls and the game overall, they went over the line shortly after by throwing stuff at the Chelsea goalkeeper and then apparently throwing racists chants at Rudiger. If proven, I expect the EPL to absolutely hammer those Spurs fans, which has to be done. Willian was impressive though for Chelsea.

Reaction Score
Pulisic's poor first touch, and tendency to try dribbling through a packed defense, will continue to inhibit his first-team opportunities. His game still lacks maturity, vision and sophistication. And he whines too much when tackled. Great upside, he must be willing to adjust, and learn, both physically and emotionally, from Lampard. Willian should be his gold standard.

Teammate Mason Mount doesn't dribble through the defense.........he anticipates the likely spot to receive a pass/cross, and runs to that area. THAT shows a mature knowledge of the game.

Christian reminds me of UConn's Alterique Gilbert. DO NOT try to do it all yourself. Trust your teammates, anticipate their moves, and rely on them to put you in the best possible position to score.

Reaction Score
Christian reminds me of UConn's Alterique Gilbert. DO NOT try to do it all yourself. Trust your teammates, anticipate their moves, and rely on them to put you in the best possible position to score.

I wonder if he picked-up that habit playing for USMNT :rolleyes:

Reaction Score
Pulisic's poor first touch, and tendency to try dribbling through a packed defense, will continue to inhibit his first-team opportunities. His game still lacks maturity, vision and sophistication. And he whines too much when tackled. Great upside, he must be willing to adjust, and learn, both physically and emotionally, from Lampard. Willian should be his gold standard.

Teammate Mason Mount doesn't dribble through the defense.........he anticipates the likely spot to receive a pass/cross, and runs to that area. THAT shows a mature knowledge of the game.

Poor first touch. LOL. WTF are you talking about.

Rhetorical question. Don’t bother answering.

Reaction Score
Watched the Chelsea v Tottenham match today hoping to catch a glimpse of Pulisic. He did not see the pitch. Instead I saw a very choppy game where the student out-coached the master combined with a very shaky officiating crew led by Anthony Taylor. How did he originally call a foul on Alonso when all he did was pull-back to instinctively brace for the flying tackle by Gazzaniga is beyond me. That was more of a Red Card for violent conduct that the Red given to Son. that said, Son foolishly lashed out at Rudiger, who may have embellished the contact a "bit," which then left the interpretation of the play to the officials, which is just asking for trouble. While I get the Tottenham fans were incensed over those two calls and the game overall, they went over the line shortly after by throwing stuff at the Chelsea goalkeeper and then apparently throwing racists chants at Rudiger. If proven, I expect the EPL to absolutely hammer those Spurs fans, which has to be done. Willian was impressive though for Chelsea.

After starting 12 straight matches, I’m pretty sure he’s just being rotated.

He does seem do wear down a bit after playing a bunch of minutes. Lampard is just letting him cool down a little.

Reaction Score

Mason Mount? He was underwhelming while Pulisic was on his tear. And he literally pouted like a jealous little soggy Brit every time Pulisic scored or literally did dribble through the entire defense. Again. Have you actually been watching?

Reaction Score
That was an ugly match. Spurs are so inconsistent this season, it’s concerning (as a fan). Lampard is doing a great job with a really young Chelsea team. I was skeptical early on, but he’s getting more from that group than most expected. I agree on Pulisic needing a rest - as they enter the ‘holiday period’ of 3-4 matches over 2 weeks... but sitting him v Spurs (huge match) as opposed to another one is telling. That, and then Willian just went off and had himself a day.

Spurs have already banned the fan( who threw the cup at the keeper, and they're investigating the racial comments. They’re using cctv and lip readers to identify what was done/said. Hopefully they identify, lifetime ban, and hopefully charge ( it sure if that’s a crime in England, or not) whoever it was. No place for that stuff anyone in society. Im waiting for the day that both teams just unite and walk off the pitch together, mid-match, in protest.

Reaction Score
It is fun seeing a shakeup in the top 10, even if Liverpool is already decided.
Will make the race for top 4 that much more fun.

Spurs need to get Ndombele the ball and get out of his way. He's world class and needs to be pulling the strings.

I'd be ok selling Kane. The team isn't built for poaching or goals off of crosses

Reaction Score

You are very wrong on this.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sad Tiger

Top Bottom