EPL Prediction time | Page 2 | The Boneyard

EPL Prediction time

Reaction Score
Pulisic is actually getting some great reviews on twitter during this glorified friendly with Liverpool.

Waquoit

Mr. Positive
Reaction Score
Glorified friendly? That's the UEFA Super Cup! Hardware!

Reaction Score
Last edited:

Waquoit

Mr. Positive
Reaction Score
Only two games in and we've already got Frank Lampard face.

meyers7

You Talkin’ To Me?
Reaction Score

eebmg

Fair and Balanced
Reaction Score
Not a fan of either team, but the match between Man City and Tottenham up in Manchester has been one heck of a game to watch. 2-2 at 70 minutes.

and then VAR (or more accurately VAR in combination with a reinvention of the accidental handball rule) ruined a MC goal in the 92' that wiped out a go ahead 3rd goal.

This clinical use of VAR acting on things not initially observed by the officials and not correcting a blatant error is maddening.

Reaction Score
Could prove to be a massive point for Tottenham when all is said and done. They didn't deserve one but I'll take it

Reaction Score
and then VAR (or more accurately VAR in combination with a reinvention of the accidental handball rule) ruined a MC goal in the 92' that wiped out a go ahead 3rd goal.

This clinical use of VAR acting on things not initially observed by the officials and not correcting a blatant error is maddening.

I missed it initially, too, and I don't fault the referee and linesmen for missing it either. There was a lot of traffic in the middle of the box.

As a defender, I actually like the new rule as it evens the playing field. On defense, we've always been taught when in the box to keep our arms as close to our body as possible because any contact off an arm that is not on a natural position, i.e. being used for balance or protection, is still a PK even if it was an accident. Basically, this is enforcing the same rule on the offensive players in the box. Of course, I maybe a bit biased, LOL.

Last edited:

eebmg

Fair and Balanced
Reaction Score
Ok. Pulisic starting. Do us proud. :D

Reaction Score
Chelsea is going to have a tough year. Forget about top 4, they may not finish top half of the table. Other than their frenetic opening 15 minutes where they dominated (and only scored off of a sloppy play from LC, and credit to Mason for the hustle) they were checked and managed the bulk of the better right the ship @ Norwich next week.

Reaction Score
Either Leicester is good or Chelsea is a dumpster fire in the making. Pulisic spent more time on the ground than on his feet in the 2nd half

Reaction Score
Either Leicester is good or Chelsea is a dumpster fire in the making. Pulisic spent more time on the ground than on his feet in the 2nd half

Chelsea looks like they might be a dumpster fire.

meyers7

You Talkin’ To Me?
Reaction Score

Well can't blame VAR. They are going to review all goals. And VAR got this correct, did exactly what it was supposed to. The change in the law did exactly what it was intended to also. The idea was to get rid of the gaining an advantage from even an inadvertent handling. People have been complaining about that forever. FIBA fixed it, at least for advantages that lead directly to goals.

I think this goes into the "be careful what you ask for" basket.

Reaction Score
Chelsea looks like they might be a dumpster fire.

If Chelsea is a dumpster fire, what is Man U? They have a lot of speed; but, that seems to be their one quality.

Reaction Score
The sample size is small; but, I see Man U and Liverpool far ahead of the rest. Tottenham will be in in between the top 2 and the rest if they keep Eriksen. If the Dane bolts, they will join Arsenal, Chelsea, and Man U as 'big' teams with glaring holes. I can easily see a team(s) like Everton, Leichester City and Wolverhampton pushing their way into the top 6 this season.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
I should have put $100 down in Norwich beating Man City, who am I kidding, just crazy...

meyers7

You Talkin’ To Me?
Reaction Score
But we already knew that
Maybe, maybe, it'll get better when Holding, Bellerin and Tierney get back. Hoping anyway, 3 should be starters will improve the defense. :confused:

Reaction Score
1. Man City
2. Spurs
3. Liverpool
4. Man U
4.5 Wolves
How is Trippier playing for Atleti?

Still don't understand why Spurs sold him. Aurier and/or Walker-Peters are really going to have to get better.

Reaction Score
Could not watch any games this weekend; but, in reading the recaps -
  • Man U is sinking fast
  • One way of the other, Tottenham needs to settle the Erikson saga soon
  • Whatever Pep said to Man City this week in practice really worked, poor Watford
  • Chelsea is also struggling as I am not sure what identity Lampard is going for
  • Liverpool has proven it can win big games even when they don't play well
  • Arsenal's offense will not be able to bail-out their defense every game; but, did today.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Woody69

Top Bottom