EPL Prediction time | Page 3 | The Boneyard

EPL Prediction time

Reaction Score
Tottenham needs to settle the Toby/Jan/Eriksen thing now.

I saw Leicester-Tottenham play live last year and I was blown away by Leicester's team speed. Not that speed alone is an indication of performance, but they have athletes all over the field, and guys who are getting run in under-X & Sr. national team duty. Not the biggest surprise this early. Wolves are my biggest surprise

Reaction Score
Tottenham needs to settle the Toby/Jan/Eriksen thing now.

I saw Leicester-Tottenham play live last year and I was blown away by Leicester's team speed. Not that speed alone is an indication of performance, but they have athletes all over the field, and guys who are getting run in under-X & Sr. national team duty. Not the biggest surprise this early. Wolves are my biggest surprise
Spurs will need to replace all three and Pochetino next season. Poch will either be on the sidelines in Madrid, Barcelona, or Manchester next season, bank on it.

Reaction Score
Could not watch any games this weekend; but, in reading the recaps -
  • Man U is sinking fast
  • One way of the other, Tottenham needs to settle the Erikson saga soon
  • Whatever Pep said to Man City this week in practice really worked, poor Watford
  • Chelsea is also struggling as I am not sure what identity Lampard is going for
  • Liverpool has proven it can win big games even when they don't play well
  • Arsenal's offense will not be able to bail-out their defense every game; but, did today.
- Agree on point 1
- Eriksen is not returning, but I don’t get why Poch isn’t getting as much out of him as possible while he’s still there. Spurs will sort their stuff out, but wow are they frustrating to root for.
- City played angry. Pep needs to play DeBruyne, period. He is the best player in the Premiere League, and maybe the world right now.
- agree 100% on Lampard. He’ll get a pass this season due to transfer ban, but a very short leash next season. Pulisic is in a tough spot. Mount played for Lampard at Derby, and is off to a nice start. Could be a tough year for CP.
- Liverpool can make room in the trophy case now. Barring mass injuries, no one is touching them this season. They are ridiculously good right now.
- Agree on Arsenal, they’ll score a bunch, but their D is brutal. Nice comeback, a man down, yesterday tho.

Reaction Score
- Agree on point 1
- Eriksen is not returning, but I don’t get why Poch isn’t getting as much out of him as possible while he’s still there. Spurs will sort their stuff out, but wow are they frustrating to root for.

One question for Tottenham is if they finally get Eriksen on the field, will he play like Ramsey did last year for Arsenal last season or will he play like Sanchez did when he left the season before?

Reaction Score
Wolves are not playing well. They're sloppy and there is no crispness to their play. They seemed like they were just going through the motions defensively against Chelsea and should not have lost to Braga. On Sunday a 95' goal salvaged a 1-1 draw vs. Palace. Players claim that Europa has nothing to do with their sub-par performance, but they've played 10 games in 5 weeks.

Last edited:

Waquoit

Mr. Positive
Reaction Score
It's uncanny how qualifying for Europa knocks these overachievers for a loop. It happened to Burnley and they were out of Europa before the EPL even started, iirc.

meyers7

You Talkin’ To Me?
Reaction Score
My how the mighty have fallen. ManU-Arsenal ends 1-1, in a pretty dull sloppy, lifeless match.

Keane and Viera used to captain these teams. Now we have Young and Xhaka. :(

eebmg

Fair and Balanced
Reaction Score
Man City and Liverpool have taken over and play some of the best soccer I have ever seen. More onball skills, less 50 yard crosses into the box and more European aspects to the game. :D :D

Reaction Score
My how the mighty have fallen. ManU-Arsenal ends 1-1, in a pretty dull sloppy, lifeless match.

Keane and Viera used to captain these teams. Now we have Young and Xhaka. :(

It was an ugly came that came down tow Arsenal having Aubameyang and Man U not. I also thought Man U was lucky to be playing with 11 men at the end of the game. Tuanzebe in particular was lucky not to collect at least 2 Yellow Cards. On to Europa...

meyers7

You Talkin’ To Me?
Reaction Score
It was an ugly came that came down tow Arsenal having Aubameyang and Man U not. I also thought Man U was lucky to be playing with 11 men at the end of the game. Tuanzebe in particular was lucky not to collect at least 2 Yellow Cards. On to Europa...
Maybe Unai will rotate the squad and we'll get to see Holding, Bellerin and Tierney all play together. :D

Reaction Score
What were the odds at the beginning of the season that the Spurs' would sack Pochettino before the Holidays? My money would have been on Solskjær being sacked by November. Even crazier, Mourinho is the odds-on leader to take over. Good luck with that Spurs!

Reaction Score
What were the odds at the beginning of the season that the Spurs' would sack Pochettino before the Holidays? My money would have been on Solskjær being sacked by November. Even crazier, Mourinho is the odds-on leader to take over. Good luck with that Spurs!

Scratch that, Mourino is now the coach at Tottenham. If the Gunners weren't so mired in their own issues, I would be laughing my arse off.

meyers7

You Talkin’ To Me?
Reaction Score
Ah yes, finally, Emery out. Ljungberg takes over interim. Not sure who'll they'll try next. But at least this experiment is over.

Reaction Score
Allegri will takeover Arsenal. Fabinho is out for Liverpool for 6-8 weeks but that still won't stop them. They have enough midfield cover to continue winning without him.

Waquoit

Mr. Positive
Reaction Score
Liverpool needs to kick it up a notch. Mo Salah getting his head out of his tookus would be a start.

Waquoit

Mr. Positive
Reaction Score
I swear I'm not letting my old Red Sox fears bubble up but Leicester City is for real. A team is going to need their A game to beat these guys. Goal scorers backed with a shutdown D.

Reaction Score
I swear I'm not letting my old Red Sox fears bubble up but Leicester City is for real. A team is going to need their A game to beat these guys. Goal scorers backed with a shutdown D.
not to mention one of the most under-rated keepers in the prem

Reaction Score
Allegri will takeover Arsenal. Fabinho is out for Liverpool for 6-8 weeks but that still won't stop them. They have enough midfield cover to continue winning without him.

After the initial flurry, I was worried Arsenal would go after Nuno, but it looks like he is not in the mix. The Gunners seem to want to make a bigger splash and Nuno wants to stay with Wolves.

Reaction Score
Wolves went unbeaten in November and currently sit in 5th, but they have a bear of a December ahead of them. Eight matches including City and Liverpool in matches less than 48 hours apart. Hoping the January window brings in some additional help.

Reaction Score
This Leicester squad is so much better than the 2016 team. They are so balanced and the 2 hold overs are even better now then they were then. A true joy to watch, and really can hold on to 2nd this season.

meyers7

You Talkin’ To Me?
Reaction Score

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sad Tiger