OT: - Enoch visiting Louisville | Page 6 | The Boneyard

OT: Enoch visiting Louisville

Reaction Score
He's working for a community service organization in Aurora IL. Good friends with the Boatshow crew. He did run a Bigs school for awhile but no longer. A good dude and friend.

I know the organization in Aurora well. I did a talk to youngsters there several years ago
It was organized with Boatshow's aunt who was a great athlete herself.

Reaction Score
Pitino has sex in a restaurant table and that hasn't stopped their recruiting. If that and the hookers don't deter moms about their son's choice of college I can't imagine Clydes problem would.

Baylor has had a murder of one bb player by another and the coach participated in the coverup. I mean come on people.

Reaction Score
Pitino has sex in a restaurant table and that hasn't stopped their recruiting. If that and the hookers don't deter moms about their son's choice of college I can't imagine Clydes problem would.

Baylor has had a murder of one bb player by another and the coach participated in the coverup. I mean come on people.

No other college basketball team has hired Clyde, so let's not throw this on UConn. Clyde's not Rick Pitino or John Calipari so he's more than likely never getting a gig again. It's too bad I agree, but it's life.

intlzncster

i fart in your general direction
Reaction Score
No other college basketball team has hired Clyde, so let's not throw this on UConn. Clyde's not Rick Pitino or John Calipari so he's more than likely never getting a gig again. It's too bad I agree, but it's life.

Difference is Pitino and Cal are world class bullshitters, where as Clyde is more of a straight shooter (pun intended). And Pitino's a dribbler.

C

Chief00

I know the organization in Aurora well. I did a talk to youngsters there several years ago
It was organized with Boatshow's aunt who was a great athlete herself.

Very true, Clyde is a great guy and he is still getting it done. The Boatshow family is great in track and field. How did your talk go?

MASSconn

Pretentious CR Critic
Reaction Score
This is a BAD look for Ollie and UConn. Watching him flourish would be painful.

Reaction Score
Hope he kills it there and gets to make a living playing hoops.

Yup, no animosity towards any of the kids who left. The situation here is obviously of a clustertruck right now, and if you are big man, I wouldn't come close to UConn right now.

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score

Lol, I love it when @uconnell gets all hard ass.

Fair point though. After all we did bring Edsall back and he screwed us all when he left.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
This is a BAD look for Ollie and UConn. Watching him flourish would be painful.
Enoch averaged 2.5 pts and 1.89 rebounds in two years. There are almost 1000 transfers this year in D1 hoops. Almost that entire list is filled with Enoch type players. Kids disgruntled with their role, thinking they are better than they are. This idea that he is a huge loss or that it even looks bad is comical. The optics are bad right now for Ollie, but not because of this.

Reaction Score
Enoch averaged 2.5 pts and 1.89 rebounds in two years. There are almost 1000 transfers this year in D1 hoops. Almost that entire list is filled with Enoch type players. Kids disgruntled with their role, thinking they are better than they are. This idea that he is a huge loss or that it even looks bad is comical. The optics are bad right now for Ollie, but not because of this.

Yeah, but how many of those 1000 are Top 60 and went to Big State U?

Enoch was no world beater for us. But people acting like his transfer is no loss at all are in denial.

The fact that he may end up at a school like Louisville makes it look even worse.

C

Chief00

Young fellow - you need to look to the future with young Bigs not the past - what he average last season under our past Big coaching is almost meaningless!

intlzncster

Reaction Score

Enoch was no world beater for us. But people acting like his transfer is no loss at all are in denial.

The fact that he may end up at a school like Louisville makes it look even worse.

Not saying he's not a loss. But that Top 60 thing is bupkiss. He isn't Top 200 if we were rating the class as it stands today. High school rankings die once the kid's in college.

He's probably eventually going to do alright wherever he goes. Probably would have done the same at UCONN. He was raw coming in and very young. Definitely lined up to be a late bloomer. Even more so with having an extra year to red shirt on top. He probably should have redshirted his freshman year.

Anyone saying "he won't get better" is being dumb. Anyone saying "he wouldn't have gotten better at UCONN" is also dumb. And when he does improve elsewhere, anyone who says "see UCONN didn't develop him" is also being dumb.

It's like Deandre Daniels transferring after his sophomore year. He blew up in the second half of his Jr year at UCONN. If he goes somewhere else, the same pattern would hold, though even more so, given the red shirt year he'd have been forced into.

Last edited:
Reaction Score

A half dozen? Maybe a full dozen? Aka 10-20% of the people.

Reaction Score
Young fellow - you need to look to the future with young Bigs not the past - what he average last season under our past Big coaching is almost meaningless!
I hear you in theory. In reality, it wasn't going to happen here for Enoch. It was best for both him and the program to move on.

Reaction Score
Not saying he's not a loss. But that Top 60 thing is bupkiss. He isn't Top 200 if we were rating the class as it stands today. High school rankings die once the kid's in college.

He's probably eventually going to do alright wherever he goes. Probably would have done the same at UConn. He was raw coming in and very young. Definitely lined up to be a late bloomer. Even more so with having an extra year to red shirt on top. He probably should have redshirted his freshman year.

Anyone saying "he won't get better" is being dumb. Anyone saying "he wouldn't have gotten better at UConn" is also dumb. And when he does improve elsewhere, anyone who says "see UConn didn't develop him" is also being dumb.

It's like Deandre Daniels transferring after his sophomore year. He blew up in the second half of his Jr year at UConn. If he goes somewhere else, the same pattern would hold, though even more so, given the red shirt year he'd have been forced into.

The two prevailing thoughts on Enoch's departure seem to be:

1.) Its a huge loss. He was a top 60-ish kid from CT and showed some/a lot of potential and we would really be counting on him next year.

2.) Its no big deal at all. He averaged 2 and 2 and was a defensive liability and if he couldn't get on the court this year for us, then he simply inst good enough and never will be. Hes not hard to replace and its possible Carlton is better anyways.

The answer is somewhere in between obviously. Its undeniable that losing Enoch is a loss. On court wise it could be a minimal loss depending on how he would develop. Steve Enoch, no matter how much he develops is clearly replaceable. But his loss could be a lot worse for us off the court than on it.

If he says he's leaving because he didn't think we could develop him then that is not good. And, if he ends up going to a school like Louisville, then that really makes it difficult to argue #2.

If hes good enough for HOFer Pitino and Top 10 Louisville, then why the heck weren't we able to get anything at all out of him in 2 years?

No matter how you slice it, its mostly bad for us. A semi-big in-state recruit, who did pretty much nothing in 2 years here, who plays a position that is WIDE open next year transferring out. Hats bad. But if he leaves to go to a school like L'ville then its really bad. Really really bad. If he ends up going there and kills it, then its really really really bad.

intlzncster

Reaction Score
The two prevailing thoughts on Enoch's departure seem to be:

1.) Its a huge loss. He was a top 60-ish kid from CT and showed some/a lot of potential and we would really be counting on him next year.

2.) Its no big deal at all. He averaged 2 and 2 and was a defensive liability and if he couldn't get on the court this year for us, then he simply inst good enough and never will be. Hes not hard to replace and its possible Carlton is better anyways.

The answer is somewhere in between obviously. Its undeniable that losing Enoch is a loss. On court wise it could be a minimal loss depending on how he would develop. Steve Enoch, no matter how much he develops is clearly replaceable. But his loss could be a lot worse for us off the court than on it.

If he says he's leaving because he didn't think we could develop him then that is not good. And, if he ends up going to a school like Louisville, then that really makes it difficult to argue #2.

If hes good enough for HOFer Pitino and Top 10 Louisville, then why the heck weren't we able to get anything at all out of him in 2 years?

No matter how you slice it, its mostly bad for us. A semi-big in-state recruit, who did pretty much nothing in 2 years here, who plays a position that is WIDE open next year transferring out. Hats bad. But if he leaves to go to a school like L'ville then its really bad. Really really bad. If he ends up going there and kills it, then its really really really bad.

I don't think it's a big deal at all if he goes to lville. I mean, if you're them, why wouldn't you take a flyer on a young back of the bench player with NBA size. It's a no brainer. Especially when UCONN had to take the hard (initial) part of the developmental curve to the teeth. If he flames out there, no harm no foul from Ville's perspective. Low risk, high reward.

If the situation was reversed, I'd 100% want UCONN to take him.

Reaction Score
I don't think it's a big deal at all if he goes to lville. I mean, if you're them, why wouldn't you take a flyer on a young back of the bench player with NBA size. It's a no brainer. Especially when UConn had to take the hard (initial) part of the developmental curve to the teeth. If he flames out there, no harm no foul from Ville's perspective. Low risk, high reward.

If the situation was reversed, I'd 100% want UConn to take him.

Its bad because it kills the narrative that hes leaving because he inst good enough or he was forced out.

If hes good enough for them, he is definitely good enough for us. It he leaves and goes to Quinnipiac or something then fine, he went to a place where he was better suited to compete and make an impact.

If he goes there, then he likely left because he the doesn't think we are good enough for him. Specifically: the coaches, the coaches ability to develop him, or our offense. How would any of those be anything other than bad?

c29328

On Smoko
Reaction Score
He also needs another year to mature/get better. By transferring he gets a "prep school year" in the middle of his regular college program and gets a chance to work at his craft and get a fresh start. He gets two years to get ready for his Junior year and he needs it. If I recall he was young coming in so that wont even really hurt him. He wasn't getting that here. Its a smart career move for him.

Reaction Score
He also needs another year to mature/get better. By transferring he gets a "prep school year" in the middle of his regular college program and gets a chance to work at his craft and get a fresh start. He gets two years to get ready for his Junior year and he needs it. If I recall he was young coming in so that wont even really hurt him. He wasn't getting that here. Its a smart career move for him.

He should have been redshirted here.

As it is, we took a guy with the built in excuse of "he's young and raw, but in 2-3 years he'll be a stud", and then watched him leave after 2 years.

c29328

On Smoko
Reaction Score
He should have been redshirted here.

As it is, we took a guy with the built in excuse of "he's young and raw, but in 2-3 years he'll be a stud", and then watched him leave after 2 years.

Boom.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
deltaop99

Top Bottom