Enoch is transferring | Page 13 | The Boneyard

Enoch is transferring

Reaction Score
Bottom line is I like the kid and would love for him to stay. Wish he did he would have helped no doubt about that. Not sure why with a wide open battle he would leave but there's always things we don't know.

If you can't take some minutes from Brimah then you need to think about where you are in your development. Good luck with your future, nice kid for sure.

Matrim55

Why is it so hard To make it in America
Reaction Score
husky99 is saying AG and VJ are leaving. Is he credible? Have a serious love hate for this stupid message board
He's not the only one saying it about Vance, who has expressed dissatisfaction with the weather in Connecticut.

He is the only one saying it about Alterique, as far as I can tell. Worth noting that we've just started getting crystal ball picks for Blake Harris – a 4-star PG who decommitted from Washington – who would be our 4th PG on next year's roster should Jalen and AG return, and MAL honor his commitment.

So... go ahead and connect whichever dots you see in whatever way you see.

CTBasketball

Former Owner of the Pizza Thread
Reaction Score
Bottom line is I like the kid and would love for him to stay. Wish he did he would have helped no doubt about that. Not sure why with a wide open battle he would leave but there's always things we don't know.

If you can't take some minutes from Brimah then you need to think about where you are in your development. Good luck with your future, nice kid for sure.
Not even Diamond Stone would have taken minutes from Brimah. Ollie cemented him as "the center." Probably would have tried to play them both at the same time.

I think Steve got a bad deal here, but that's just me.

Reaction Score
I thought Enoch looked he had potential but to be honest I don't think I ever seen anyone miss as many dunks and layups as Enoch. Enoch looks like a basketball player but he seems to have zero instincts on the court.

Reaction Score
Not even Diamond Stone would have taken minutes from Brimah. Ollie cemented him as "the center." Probably would have tried to play them both at the same time.

I didn't say start or even play more, just even out the minutes. If Steve played better on defense when in he would've stolen minutes CT, I have no doubt. But hey, doesn't matter time to move on.

Reaction Score
They should base on my track record - unlike yours. But, I don't really care what you think.
Your track record of what?? Making vague references and then claiming credit when something happens? Seriously, I believe the car wash guy more than I believe you. If you were trying to raise money off of your "track record", you would be bankrupt. But again, you are always good for a laugh (a laugh AT you, not WITH you).

Reaction Score

This is pure nonsense, KO had no problem playing Nolan ahead of Brimah at times or even going small the season before after Brimah came back from the hand injury. Enoch simply could not guard, I don't know how folks could watch him play D completely disconnected from the rest of the team and think KO was giving him a raw deal. You gotta get over your delusions.

Doctor Hoop

Prescribing Hardwood Excellence
Reaction Score
Did Facey improve that much or did he just have more opportunities?
He definitely improved. But, he could and should have developed much more and well before his senior year. There was a lot there to work with.

intlzncster

i fart in your general direction
Reaction Score
He is the only one saying it about Alterique, as far as I can tell. Worth noting that we've just started getting crystal ball picks for Blake Harris – a 4-star PG who decommitted from Washington – who would be our 4th PG on next year's roster should Jalen and AG return, and MAL honor his commitment.

So... go ahead and connect whichever dots you see in whatever way you see.

I know which way paranoid people would connect these, but I don't see anything. Chance to get a good player, AG an injury risk, and Jalen likely gone after next year = more guards needed.

Stainmaster

Occasionally Constructive
Reaction Score
This is pure nonsense, KO had no problem playing Nolan ahead of Brimah at times or even going small the season before after Brimah came back from the hand injury. Enoch simply could not guard, I don't know how folks could watch him play D completely disconnected from the rest of the team and think KO was giving him a raw deal. You gotta get over your delusions.

Hell, he started Nolan over Brimah in the tourney last year.

CTBasketball

Former Owner of the Pizza Thread
Reaction Score
I didn't say start or even play more, just even out the minutes. If Steve played better on defense when in he would've stolen minutes CT, I have no doubt. But hey, doesn't matter time to move on.
Alright I agree - sort of an above and beyond post. I'll dial back.

You could say Brimah was an absolute liability on offense, it was hard to watch unless he caught a Daniel Hamilton alley-oop at the rim. His chase down blocks and shot altering were formidable, yes. Enoch was essentially, or on the track to be the opposite player. Good on offense, bad on defense. But how do you get so bad at defense? How does it get that bad without even a slight improvement? You could also argue Brimah's defense never really got better over time.

To me Brimah got all the chances in the world to succeed on offense. But Enoch didn't get those chances to succeed on defense. It was always a missed assignment and a quick hook.

pj

Reaction Score
Let's hope Raphael Chillious does come in and the staff re-recruits Alterique, if indeed he's thinking of leaving.

I don't think 4 pg on the roster is a bad thing. Our best teams have always had two on the court at once. Jalen will leave in a year. This gives us the chance to play 3 at 30 mpg and develop a 4th so that we can maintain the 2 pg system the following year.

Departures of Enoch and Vance are potential positives, don't think they really fit the style of play Ollie wants to run.

Reaction Score
Enoch leaving sucks, but maybe he didn't want to compete with Durham and Carlton. Now Vance leaving is a killer. He is that knock down shooter that every team needs. Imagine how much better that shot is gonna get and he's already pretty accurate. I think if he leaves,it haunts us. We have some good shooters,but not great.

Reaction Score
I have been highlighting lack of Big development and poor S&C program for two years and every step of the way you have disagreed. Here we are and the events of this week speak for themselves.
SO WAS EVERYONE ELSE WITH EYES AND A BRAIN.......YOU THINK YOUR CONCERN IS WHAT LED TO THESE EVENTS TODAY?? JESUS, GET OVER YOURSELF.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dogsdogsdog

Top Bottom