Enoch is transferring | Page 12 | The Boneyard

Enoch is transferring

Reaction Score
Honestly who cares if he is from Norwalk or Norway if he can't make the plays? Or if he always wanted to play for UConn. He got his shot but didn't make much of it. He is moving on rather than spending his last 2 seasons picking splinters from his butt. Good luck to him.

Reaction Score
Well the fact is Miller recruited Steve Enoch, Christian Vital, Mamadou Diarra, and Makai Ashton-Langford (ESPN Ranked 35) just to name a few.
Can you elaborate on that?

As far as I could tell, D-Ham left because college wasn't for him, and Lubin wasn't good enough to play here. Was there more to it? If so, can you explain what you mean.

I'm pretty concerned about all of this. Our program has zero stability right now. Every year since 2012 basically, I feel like we just keep having to reactively throw band aids over all of these various issues.

Count me in the camp for a coaching shake-up. I took a lot of heat over it in the past, but I've been calling for Glen Miller's head for years now. I'm no insider, but it doesn't seem like he adds anything to the staff. Never hear any recruits mention him. Our big men stink. Time to move on.

Reaction Score
FWIW I'm hearing Glen Miller is out and Raphael Chillious will be hired as an asst coach from Washington. This connects the dot on recent chatter that 4 star pg recruit Blake Lewis is considering UConn.

Not sure I believe you yet, but coincidently Chillious coached josh Boone at one point years ago, according to his profile on the Washington website.

Reaction Score
I'm not too worried. I'm of the opinion that we have a few players that we really need and the rest may or may not be the problem. I'd trade some of the rumored transfers for a Tom Moore hiring in a heartbeat. The recruiting and coaching talent would far outweigh the immediate loss in player in talent.

I haven't really seen anything to indicate that this group has the key ingredients yet. A little chaos might get us a player that can change the dynamics in our favor. Anyone know where to find a Nadav Henefeld right now?

TRest

Horrible
Reaction Score
We'll, if they are science teachers, and are teaching the kids creationism, then you've got a legit beef
Nah, we don't live in Kentucky. But my kids aren't developing intellectually, it has nothing to do with their failure to pay attention and study hard.

Reaction Score
FWIW I'm hearing Glen Miller is out and Raphael Chillious will be hired as an asst coach from Washington. This connects the dot on recent chatter that 4 star pg recruit Blake Lewis is considering UConn.
Makes sense and would be awesome.

Reaction Score
I pm a few people an hour or two ago that Jackson is probably gone. Missing the West Coast

Doctor Hoop

Prescribing Hardwood Excellence
Reaction Score
I follow the advice at the end of Life of Brian - "Always look on the bright side of life." This is only basketball, after all. (I can have this attitude because I fix broken humans for a living.)

I don't think the cupboard is bare, especially in the frontcourt. Cobb will need development and fitness, and there are Larrier, Durham, Diarra, Carleton, Polley and hopefully Jackson if he stays. There is enough there to work with, if coaching can get their head on straight and get the bigs in shape, running the court, involved in offense and moving their feet on defense. Obviously I would prefer Jackson be part of that group.

On the guard side, the biggest loss would be if Adams were to leave. If he stays (and he should, for reasons listed previously in this thread), at a minimum you would have Adams, Vital, Ashton-Langford. And that's a strong nucleus. Gilbert should stay, given the injury history. I still want a 6'4" - 6'5" sniper 2G, but I wanted that 2 weeks ago too. And a grad transfer big man is now on the menu, too.

I'll wait until the rest of the dominos fall to project next year.

Last edited:

Penfield

a.k.a PencilForest
Reaction Score

Not sure if this is a sign or not, but I just started following him on twitter.
upload_2017-3-24_16-21-22.png

Mr. Wonderful

Whistleblower
Reaction Score
That would be very good news indeed.

nomar

#1 Casual Fan™
Reaction Score
I pm a few people an hour or two ago that Jackson is probably gone. Missing the West Coast

If true, he'll get to enjoy west coast living next year while he's not playing. Short sighted, but to each his own. Hopefully it's not true; he has a bright future.

pj

Reaction Score
Oz on TOS says we may need to find another wing so he's insinuating the same I believe.

If Vance is leaving, we don't need another 6'8" forward. We need a shooting guard tall enough to defend the 3.

Honestly, I think Vance's best position would have been as a stretch 4. If he didn't want to play inside, I'm not surprised he'd leave. Larrier and a 3-guard lineup with Vital or MAL at the 3 is a better lineup than Vance at the 3, and would squeeze him for playing time.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Kemba123#

Top Bottom