Enoch is transferring | Page 10 | The Boneyard

Enoch is transferring

Reaction Score
Looking very likely Vance is gone.

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOo

Reaction Score

I'm bummed Steve is leaving.

After this season, things had to change one way or another. Seems like Benedict and Ollie are focused on the future of the program. Hope they are making the right calls.

CTBasketball

Former Owner of the Pizza Thread
Reaction Score
To be honest, Jackson leaving would make sense. I have no information on him but you can bet Ollie will prioritize Larrier's playing time at the 3/4.

Reaction Score
Gilbert is leaving per a co worker. Take it for what you want lol
247 has a crystal ball pick for 4-star PG and former U-Dub commit, Blake Harris, to UConn. He was released from his commitment a couple of days ago following Romar's firing. Why would we be going after a PG with AG, MAL, and Jalen on the roster for next year?

FfldCntyFan

Texas: Property of UConn Men's Basketball program
Reaction Score
I believe the decision was based more on retrospective evidence than prospective opportunities here.

It is very easy after a season like this for a kid (and his father) to take the stance that Enoch could have learned more going through the growing pains on the court than by watching and needing to improve his defense in order to increase his playing time.

Additionally, KO's ideal offense very likely would use the center for putbacks and as a safety valve (like DHam with Brimah) when someone is driving the lane. My guess is next year there will be 40 minutes at the five and ~25 at the four to be split between Enoch, Cobb, Diarra, Durham, Polley & Carlton. SE didn't like those numbers and I don't see LO changed to a power lineup.

SE physically and athletically can play at the highest level. His skill level/understanding of the game however is semi-competitive high school. An additional year of practice (which the transfer will give him) is the best thing for him. I wish him well.

Reaction Score
To be honest, Jackson leaving would make sense. I have no information on him but you can bet Ollie will prioritize Larrier's playing time at the 3/4.
You can play both at the same time and go 4 out 1 in. Not surprised that Vance is leaving given all of the social media nonsense during the season, but this hurts a ton more than Enoch.

Reaction Score
Losing Enoch sucks but isn't the end of the world.

If we lose anyone else, though, we are in deep again

Reaction Score
You can play both at the same time and go 4 out 1 in. Not surprised that Vance is leaving given all of the social media nonsense during the season, but this hurts a ton more than Enoch.

Social media nonsense?

Reaction Score
I am very worried about what's happening behind the scenes right now.
In contrast to some storm-filled eyes, I'll opt for more legitimate big man coaching with enhanced recruiting, player development success, and the sun rising in the east.

Reaction Score
Diaco was definitely a bit harsh because of how crazy he was, but remember, he was one year removed from beating a highly ranked team and making a bowl game after taking over a program from the person that everyone thought was the worst coach in history (until Diaco himself supplanted P). UConn under Ollie has reminded me of the NY Giants (mediocre seasons and awesome miracle runs) . We got an NC and I will NEVER take anything away from that, but it was a miracle because the season was good, not great. We went to the tournament last year, but it took a great run through the AAC tournament and a miracle shot to not be on the bubble.

I used to look forward to every UConn game and assume a win (even if I knew it would be tough). I haven't done that for a while. I look at things in 5 year groupings. In that time we have a miracle championship run with very limited time spent in the Top 25 during the season. That's not good enough no matter the legitimate excuses (NCAA BS, injuries...).

People have lost sight of the fact that Ollie has never been a head coach prior to UConn, and his only coaching experience is 3 years at UConn. It takes time to evolve into a Calhoun success type coach. He's demonstrated he can get the players to compete with the best. Unfortunately, the seniors this year were not the "go to" type guys we have been accustomed to. Brimah, Facey, and Purvis were complimentary/role players but not prime time. The next two years will tell us a lot about KO.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dogsdogsdog

Top Bottom