Enoch is transferring | Page 9 | The Boneyard

Enoch is transferring

Marat

The Champ Is Here.
Reaction Score
Gilbert is leaving per a co worker. Take it for what you want lol

Doesn't make sense.... but then again alot of things aren't making sense these days.

Reaction Score
Time to reload...Wish Steve the best of luck, but the program needs to move forward. Diallo is the man, Durham needs to bulk up. I still have faith with the rest coming back, still think this will be a good team. Not sure how much PT Enoch would have gotten next year. I know we need a center, but definitely need a center that can play D and rebound.

nomar

#1 Casual Fan™
Reaction Score
Gavin Keefe‏ @GavinKeefe 18s 19 seconds ago
Enoch's father said Steven told him that Ollie's guard oriented system is not a good fit. Didn't develop as much as they both hoped.

Whether that's true or not, it's a bad look for the program. Clearly, our big man recruiting and development has been a disappointment for a while.

Reaction Score
Gavin Keefe‏ @GavinKeefe 18s 19 seconds ago
Enoch's father said Steven told him that Ollie's guard oriented system is not a good fit. Didn't develop as much as they both hoped.
There is your answer, of course it's not about playing time. Enoch came in raw with tools and two years later is still raw with tools. He cares about his future and wants to make the league. He looks at himself and isn't seeing the development and looks around at other UConn big men and isn't seeing the development.

intlzncster

i fart in your general direction
Reaction Score
He's young and he has 6 + months to get in shape. If he wants to get it done , there's plenty of time and resources.

Yeah, I agree, but given how paper thin the 5 is right now, have your first in guy be a fitness liability is not a good thing. I'm really hoping he can do it too. You have to think Ollie made this a condition of his transfer.

C

Chief00

R
Moore is a great guy to have at the end of the staff. He's got the mentality, which apparently translates on the recruiting trail and practice court.

What they need is a stud Ass. Head Coach. Tactical and Big man focused, willing to push back against Ollie.

Ricky was not the Bigs Coach that failed to develop Steve and others.

CTBasketball

Former Owner of the Pizza Thread
Reaction Score
Like I said, kudos to Steve for realizing our frontcourt development and overall system is a giant bundle of .

Whoever said Gilbert is leaving, that's a good one.

Reaction Score
There is your answer, of course it's not about playing time. Enoch came in raw with tools and two years later is still raw with tools. He cares about his future and wants to make the league. He looks at himself and isn't seeing the development and looks around at other UConn big men and isn't seeing the development.

This sentiment that is now out there fairly or unfairly, would seemingly make it pretty difficult to recruit quality big men.

intlzncster

i fart in your general direction
Reaction Score
R

Ricky was not the Bigs Coach that failed to develop Steve and others.

Where did I say he was?

My post clearly states that Moore is a great end of the bench assistant, and implies they should keep him. Instead of focusing on Ricky, they need to find a stud Associate HC with bigs and in-game coaching skills.

Reaction Score
Like I said, kudos to Steve for realizing our frontcourt development and overall system is a giant bundle of .

Whoever said Gilbert is leaving, that's a good one.

Then how do you explain Facey's development this year?

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dogsdogsdog

Top Bottom