Enoch is transferring | Page 3 | The Boneyard

Enoch is transferring

Reaction Score
But yeah the 5 is going to be more of an adventure for the foreseeable future. Brimah stunk at times but you might just start to appreciate what he did here when next season unfolds without him.
ya, same when someone stole my broke ass 15 yr ole car , i couldnt get to work....but when I got a new one , I now realize how I actually got along without navigation, power windows and XM in the dash

Reaction Score
Really, really surprised and kind of upset about this one... Thought for sure he would be our starting center next year and I really thought he was close to being a solid player. Had his warts, for sure. But there was some legit talent there. Comparing this to Lubin transferring or any of the other big men projects we've taken on is quite foolish.

Reaction Score
Bad bad sign.

This program has so much turnover lately, and not the good kind of turnover where you put bodies in the NBA, the kind of turnover where guys don't pan out, transfer out, and leave us coming off an underachieving season now trying to scramble to fill in the late exit with whatever recruiting scraps are left at the end of the particular class cycle.

This rebuild just got set back.

Who like Enoch, Sam Cassell Jr. and "The Rock"?

Penfield

a.k.a PencilForest
Reaction Score

Good. Probably time to shake things up.

I've wanted someone on this staff that is willing to question what Ollie is doing in game situations.

KembaStepback

Rains Triples
Reaction Score
Offensively, Steve has a nice jumper to about the foul line. I don't know about post moves. I know he looked less awkward than Brimah, but that's not saying anything. Defensively he was a liability. I wish him well and I hope we have an another answer coming soon.

Stainmaster

Occasionally Constructive
Reaction Score
good bye. potential??? LOL. if you thought enoch was good/had potential to be good, literally WHAT were you watching? "Oh he had a few good moves down low and scored 8 points sometimes for us." Did you watch the kids body language?? Talk about dazed and confused. He looked like he had ZERO interest in being out there, and literally looked like a deer in headlights. Thanks for wasting our time Steve, go play at Hofstra, where your mind can wander about other things other than basketball. What a waste. Pathetic. Potential....lmao. Thats too funny.

God, what a scummy guy you are.

Reaction Score
IMO- He speaks to his people, they advise him this is a guard oriented program now and if he wants to develop and get the ball consistently he needs to go some where else.

I'm not worried about whats going on behind the scene because the Benedict is fed up with this Blue Blood program being an average team in the AAC. Moore and Miller should go. I like DK and if you watch games Ollie really only talks to DK.

Reaction Score
good bye. potential??? LOL. if you thought enoch was good/had potential to be good, literally WHAT were you watching? "Oh he had a few good moves down low and scored 8 points sometimes for us." Did you watch the kids body language?? Talk about dazed and confused. He looked like he had ZERO interest in being out there, and literally looked like a deer in headlights. Thanks for wasting our time Steve, go play at Hofstra, where your mind can wander about other things other than basketball. What a waste. Pathetic. Potential....lmao. Thats too funny.

This (Edit, not the what a Waste and all that, you're right thats being a just the dear in highlights). He never knew when to set a pick or go down low. He'd walk around with little idea of where he needed to be on offense.

Maybe that's more big man coaching as well....I noticed that no one knew when they were supposed to set picks so maybe not his fault.

Penfield

a.k.a PencilForest
Reaction Score
We could've used TSam the last two years. And unless we land a postgrad, my guess is we could end up using Enoch next year.

This blows.

TSam is on the market...

Reaction Score
"Steve will be one of the best centers ever in UConn history."

A week later KO signs a JUCO big because "we have a rebounding problem."

How is this confusing to people? The writing was on the wall.

Except that wasn't the quote and cobb is depth that was needed anyway

KembaStepback

Rains Triples
Reaction Score
This. He never knew when to set a pick or go down low. He'd walk around with little idea of where he needed to be on offense.

Maybe that's more big man coaching as well....I noticed that no one knew when they were supposed to set picks so maybe not his fault.
How is not knowing when to set a pick a big man coaches fault? Is he asleep during practice? They must run their sets OVER and OVER and OVER. How can he not know?

Reaction Score
Things are a Trainwreck/ Titanic with our program. Less than 24 hours ago I heard one of our top guards could be gone and another player also. Heard another coach or two could be gone in the next 2 weeks.

I am not bulllshiting ask BFieldHusky, i Pm some of this today to him...

Reaction Score

You're an . That's all.

Reaction Score
Call me cold hearted but losing Travis and Glen Miller is precisely the shake-up we need.

Enoch leaving is a kick to the nuts. Next year looks grim. If we need to take yet another step back to take many steps forward so be it. I can suffer til this tshow is sorted out

Reaction Score
Look I really dislike this transferring in and out over playing time but it happens and in this case it was appropriate. Been a while since I've seen a guy getting regular playing time at UConn who was so over his head. We were practically begging for front court player and he couldn't stay on the floor. The idea that he is some great offensive machine is simply belied by his stats. If Cobb is simply slightly below average all around player we are in better shape. If he is just adequate defensively and as a rebounder we are ahead of the game.

Matrim55

Why is it so hard To make it in America
Reaction Score
TSam is on the market...
Yeah. I've made my argument in other threads that he'd be a useful pick-up if we can't find someone else for the spot. We really do need to carry a 5th guard.

But even so, he won't be as useful next year as he could've/would've been the last two.

Fishy

Elite Premium Poster
Reaction Score
Enoch wasn't very good and no one on the staff made him any better....which makes him pretty much like every UConn big man since Ollie took over.

Now, Enoch is gone and we're replacing him with thin air and expecting the same coaching staff to figure it out? We were already walking on a tightrope with the front court and now we've thrown away the balance pole.

Don't stand under the wire next season.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WillngtnOak

Top Bottom