Enjoy Hawkins while you can! | Page 6 | The Boneyard

Enjoy Hawkins while you can!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Just a great looking shot. Squares up nicely, great elevation, release and follow through. He had a couple of nice mid range shots in the second half when the shot clock was winding down. Instead of throwing up a contested 3 he quickly got to his spot on an elbow and hit the jumper before his defender was able to elevate to contest the shot.
Pure shooter. Keep shooting.

HuskyWarrior611

Mid range white knight
Reaction Score
3 pointer, mid range, knows how to move without the ball. He’s another Ray/Rip. Just has to keep working on the handle/finishing. I’ll also do a Bradley Beal comp.

Reaction Score
He was hungry tonight after the last game and he sure played like it.

Reaction Score
He loves the right elbow. And the pull-up is silky. Its great our offense is multi dimensional but we will need a go-to when times get tough

Waquoit

Mr. Positive
Reaction Score
i think AJ is the only one of the big3 with a shot at coming back,
AJ is so unique and great you have to think senior year NIL money can compare to the 2nd round, can't it?

Reaction Score
Tonight was a resume builder for Hawkins.
You know how we have been looking for that guy to score and get fouled when the shot clock is winding down? It was Bazz, it was Kemba, it was Cole. Well it’s THE HAWK. Hurley musta told him he’s the guy doing this, and he did. Newton did it a couple games ago and he could also on drives alone but Hawk is far more capable of pulling up. Now he has the confidence and the coach’s blessing.

HuskyWarrior611

Mid range white knight
Reaction Score
AJ is so unique and great you have to think senior year NIL money can compare to the 2nd round, can't it?
If he keeps playing like this teams will find a flyer for him in the first. With his defense, athleticism, and playmaking skills that may be enough. The league is confident they can teach your pet dog how to shoot at this point.

I think Andre’s case will be similar to Kris Dunn’s case. May not be a top 5 pick though but their strengths and weaknesses were pretty similar. Kris still being the much better finisher.

Reaction Score
Tyrese went #51 and signed a contract for $1.4M/year. Don't think UConn NIL will compare haha

I think if his ceiling next year in 2nd round pick, he'll come back anyway. Highly unlikely he'd play himself out of the second round in his senior year, so nowhere to go but up

Reaction Score
3 pointer, mid range, knows how to move without the ball. He’s another Ray/Rip. Just has to keep working on the handle/finishing. I’ll also do a Bradley Beal comp.

Lots of Reggie Miller in his game. Running around screens, the nice little leg kick to draw fouls, shooting off balanced threes.

Reaction Score
Lots of Reggie Miller in his game. Running around screens, the nice little leg kick to draw fouls, shooting off balanced threes.

I don't know if this is intentional by him, but it seems like when he's more open he goes straight up. And when he has a guy close to him to contest, his legs sway forward. He got fouled twice on threes last night with that sway/kick

If it is intentional and not just coincidence, that's REALLY smart play

Reaction Score
I don't know if this is intentional by him, but it seems like when he's more open he goes straight up. And when he has a guy close to him to contest, his legs sway forward. He got fouled twice on threes last night with that sway/kick

If it is intentional and not just coincidence, that's REALLY smart play

It's a great move. I think the leg kick is illegal in the NBA though, not sure about college. Maybe someone here knows the rules better than I do.

Reaction Score
It's a great move. I think the leg kick is illegal in the NBA though, not sure about college. Maybe someone here knows the rules better than I do.

It is, but highly subjective. If you kick your legs out, that'll be an offensive foul every time. But Hawkins doesn't really kick, it looks like a pretty natural motion so it would be tough to call

Shabazz kicked on his jumper and he fixed that in the NBA, so definitely had to make some adjustments once he got there

UChusky916

Making the board a little less insufferable
Reaction Score
We should take bets on his game high point total this year.

I could realistically see him go nuts from 3 and put up 40 one night.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Darkbloom

Top Bottom