End of the block C? | Page 5 | The Boneyard

End of the block C?

Reaction Score
I've noticed the Mora era is really extensively using the Husky eyes in their promotional/recruitment announcement materials, so I'm wondering if it might be a theme of the team going forward. We've tried this design before with mixed results; I figured I'd give it another shot and tried my hand at a redesign

I don't think the Husky eyes thing is a bad thing in principle, but the "Husky Head Stripe" where it's encompassed within a straight line that runs front to back looks kind of weird. The better road would have been using the white of the Husky face surrounded by blue as a natural cutoff. Leaning into this concept I also tried to mix in "Husky eye blue" as an alternate color. I've always been partial to powder blues, but this actually works with the logo color scheme as it currently exists (within the eyes).

STmbGiY.png

I'm not a graphic designer so the fidelity/quality of some of these edits may not be the best - just trying to expose the concept.
I'd really like to see some red highlights of the numbers maybe red face mask too.

Reaction Score
It’s about time for a uni redo! Block C needs to go with RE. Bad ju-ju!! Bring back the grey alternate uni’s but kill the red trim! Red was Diaco’s thing….be done with it. Kids like cool uni’s…need options. No one uses gloss finish anymore. Matte blue and white. Get those grey’s back with metallic blue face masks. Get some cool hype going into the season. And whoever likes the 80’s happy husky…you’re probably older than that logo. MOVE ON…it’s done!

Reaction Score
It’s about time for a uni redo! Block C needs to go with RE. Bad ju-ju!! Bring back the grey alternate uni’s but kill the red trim! Red was Diaco’s thing….be done with it. Kids like cool uni’s…need options. No one uses gloss finish anymore. Matte blue and white. Get those grey’s back with metallic blue face masks. Get some cool hype going into the season. And whoever likes the 80’s happy husky…you’re probably older than that logo. MOVE ON…it’s done!
Start a GoFundMe for them. Phil Knight isn’t on our speed dial.

Reaction Score
I don't care whether we stick with the block C or not, but whatever we decide can we go all in? We changed back to the block C but looking at the facilities virtual tour the husky logo is all over the place (not to mention the endzones with red and husky logo at midfield). Little details matter. Let's pick one and do it correctly.

SubbaBub

Your stupidity is ruining my country.
Reaction Score
This argument has been settled, by me.

Blue Block C helmets and white Doghead helmets, but make the doghead a bit larger.

If you what to outline the doghead in red, grey, or shocking blue I don’t care. Take a poll to give the little people a sense they matter.

Reaction Score
Football has always done their own thing. Maybe it’s time they benchmark with MBB’s design. If u look at the MBB uniforms they have a simple line for secondary and accent colors running down the arms and shorts. Why not incorporate that into football? Check out these helmets, they’re simple but make sense. Do the same thing with the uniform.

A9B87B72-E5BE-4A4C-B9C6-C27C5898E211.jpeg

Reaction Score
Football has always done their own thing. Maybe it’s time they benchmark with MBB’s design. If u look at the MBB uniforms they have a simple line for secondary and accent colors running down the arms and shorts. Why not incorporate that into football? Check out these helmets, they’re simple but make sense. Do the same thing with the uniform.

View attachment 71596

Not bad. I like the broken stripe down the middle like the men's bball unis. That red around the block C is too much though (except on the blue helmet). And no black helmets please. Blue, white, and grey are more than enough.

Reaction Score

View attachment 71596
Always thought coordinating with the same color scheme as the MBB unis would be a good look and help with branding. Although definitely need to keep the Block C for football... but please dump the black helmet.

Reaction Score
The chrome is nice as a special alternative. I would like the idea of using it once a year for a significant game but believe it wouldn't work if we used it too often.

My view of the blue helmets with the block C is the one redeeming quality is they are a reminder of when we were at our best. My preference here would be a once every few years throwback.

What I would like the best (again, only one person's opinion) would be for our primary helmet to be a white with the block C, but the block C a bit smaller (80%-85% the current size) and a single blue stripe. Maybe one or two games a year use the husky logo instead of the C.

There has always been something about a clean, crisp look, without too much noise that gives the impression of being more together, more developed, more organized and professional than what wild color schemes presents.
What's a significant game? Maine? UMass? New Hampshire? Brown? Central Connecticut State?

Appearances and perceptions matter, but honestly, winning a few games would be more indicative of at least some level of organization.

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
I've noticed the Mora era is really extensively using the Husky eyes in their promotional/recruitment announcement materials, so I'm wondering if it might be a theme of the team going forward. We've tried this design before with mixed results; I figured I'd give it another shot and tried my hand at a redesign

I don't think the Husky eyes thing is a bad thing in principle, but the "Husky Head Stripe" where it's encompassed within a straight line that runs front to back looks kind of weird. The better road would have been using the white of the Husky face surrounded by blue as a natural cutoff. Leaning into this concept I also tried to mix in "Husky eye blue" as an alternate color. I've always been partial to powder blues, but this actually works with the logo color scheme as it currently exists (within the eyes).

STmbGiY.png

I'm not a graphic designer so the fidelity/quality of some of these edits may not be the best - just trying to expose the concept.
Try making the Husky face bigger. For what it’s worth I doubt Jim Mora is going to go with call of the wild helmets.

Reaction Score
The block C is so Randy Edsall and I just want to get as far away from that waste of time as possible. I liked the state logo helmet idea. Classy.

Dream Jobbed 2.0

“Most definitely”
Reaction Score

View attachment 71596
I like that thought, but do it on the pants. The current pants look like Kmart wind pants with the two stripes.

hardcorehusky

Lost patience with the garden variety UConn fan
Reaction Score
I still love the throwback C with the football laces. That would be brand indentity!!

Reaction Score
Just my opinion, I've never been a fan of white helmets, blue helmets with a tweaked block C is the way to go.

Reaction Score

View attachment 71596
WHy does it say ACC on the helmets? Do you know something we don't?

FfldCntyFan

Texas: Property of UConn Men's Basketball program
Reaction Score
What's a significant game? Maine? UMass? New Hampshire? Brown? Central Connecticut State?

Appearances and perceptions matter, but honestly, winning a few games would be more indicative of at least some level of organization.
We have a reasonable number of future games scheduled against current P5 schools who were once conference foes of ours. I would give the current regime a couple seasons to stabilize the program and then pick one game every year (maybe every other year) against one of them to wear it.

Reaction Score
If we're keeping the husky on the helmet, I'd like it like this:

b10a50b929e03eb44c616c260af26132.jpg

The small husky on the side that we currently have just doesn't look good, IMO.

hardcorehusky

Reaction Score
Helmets, uniforms, etc are about what? Merchandising. Until UConn gets better distribution of its merch, the uniform issue is not that important.

BlueandOG

We are not amused.
Reaction Score
We are starting a new era after decades of floundering among the have-nots of FBS football. Thus, all of the old helmets need to go. We need a fresh design that appeals to today's players. The less we remember the past, the better.

hardcorehusky

Reaction Score
We are starting a new era after decades of floundering among the have-nots of FBS football. Thus, all of the old helmets need to go. We need a fresh design that appeals to today's players. The less we remember the past, the better.
Is that a fan perspective or university perspective regarding the need to change helmets?

There is also good history, Fiesta Bowl, International Bowl, Meineke Bowl and Motor City Bowl Block C history.

I don't give a crap what the uniform looks like, just the product on the field, perception around the country and that we develop our student athletes.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WillngtnOak

Top Bottom