End of the block C? | Page 6 | The Boneyard

End of the block C?

Reaction Score
I'm in the party of retire the Block C. It's time to start a new era of UConn football. We need to move on from the Block C and the simple husky head. I'm really liking the idea of the husky head being the full helmet.

Reaction Score
I'm in the party of retire the Block C. It's time to start a new era of UConn football. We need to move on from the Block C and the simple husky head. I'm really liking the idea of the husky head being the full helmet.

College football is all about tradition (e.g., Michigan, Alabama, Penn State, Ohio State, Georgia, Washington, etc. etc.), something UConn is trying to establish. It's not about "the flavor of the month". Pick ONE logo that will stand the test of time and stick with it.

Personally, I think the Block C has a classic look and represents the state of Connecticut and UConn the best (rather than just another version of a husky, of which there are many teams). The earlier post incorporating the MBB red bar by Austin 316, is the best I've seen (excluding the black helmet). If not that, then the current Block C helmet is fine.

Last edited:

BlueandOG

We are not amused.
Reaction Score
College football is all about tradition (e.g., Michigan, Alabama, Penn State, Ohio State, Georgia, Washington, etc. etc.), something UConn is trying to establish. It's not about "the flavor of the month". Pick ONE logo that will stand the test of time and stick with it.

Personally, I think the Block C has a classic look and represents the state of Connecticut and UConn the best (rather than just another version of a husky, of which there are many teams). The earlier post incorporating the MBB red bar by Austin 316, is the best I've seen (excluding the black helmet). If not that, then the current Block C helmet is fine.

No one wants to be associated with the past decade of UCONN football, and the RE 1.0 years are tainted by RE 2.0 being a putz. Keep the Block C for one game per year, but bring out something new that the current players and students will like.

Reaction Score

All those schools have a tradition of winning national championships and actually, you know, winning games. So sure let's keep the tradition of some garbage that was associated with statistically literally having the worst teams in NCAA football history. Sure lets do that instead of trying to reshape the tradition back into something winning.

SubbaBub

Your stupidity is ruining my country.
Reaction Score
Lets be the first team in the history of college football to have molded husky ears on our helmets.

Only mostly kidding.

Would make targeting call easy. Is he bleeding? No, then pick up the flag.

Reaction Score
something along the line of:

1639085167787.jpeg

Reaction Score
No one wants to be associated with the past decade of UCONN football, and the RE 1.0 years are tainted by RE 2.0 being a putz. Keep the Block C for one game per year, but bring out something new that the current players and students will like.
The Block C was our logo for the first decade ... which I would say we all are trying to get back to it.... as soon as the stupid logos & party hats came out ... that coincided with our losing decade... go back to the Block C and stick with it... like we always should have....

Reaction Score
To be brutally honest when they decided to change the mascot from the fluffy white husky(malamute) that the nation recognized as UCONN to the generic husky they use now interest in UConn sports has taken a hit. XL center is never filled. The statewide interest is just not there anymore. Maybe it's the poor coaching hires over the last decade, maybe it's the fact that the state itself is dieing. Who knows. The one thing I do know is that the block C is a scar that reminds everyone of Randy Edsall. His bail out on us right after the one major bowl this football team ever got to and then this second stab in the back, quitting on UConn for a second time a few games into the season. There was no block C before Edsall. It's time to put Edsall and his block C to rest. It's also time to get rid of that generic husky logo. Bring back what the nation recognized for so many of the glory years as the UConn logo.

Husky Helmet blue.jpg

SubbaBub

Your stupidity is ruining my country.
Reaction Score
<gif of Greg Lloyd>
<gif of DJ Hernandez>
<gif of Terry Culley>
<gif of Larry Taylor>

I find your use of the word, 'scar' disturbing.

Reaction Score
To be brutally honest when they decided to change the mascot from the fluffy white husky(malamute) that the nation recognized as UCONN to the generic husky they use now interest in UConn sports has taken a hit. XL center is never filled. The statewide interest is just not there anymore. Maybe it's the poor coaching hires over the last decade, maybe it's the fact that the state itself is dieing. Who knows. The one thing I do know is that the block C is a scar that reminds everyone of Randy Edsall. His bail out on us right after the one major bowl this football team ever got to and then this second stab in the back, quitting on UConn for a second time a few games into the season. There was no block C before Edsall. It's time to put Edsall and his block C to rest. It's also time to get rid of that generic husky logo. Bring back what the nation recognized for so many of the glory years as the UConn logo.

View attachment 71843

The XL center is literally 200 tickets from selling out for Saturday as we speak.

Alum86

Did they burn down the ROTC Hangar?
Reaction Score
The XL center is literally 200 tickets from selling out for Saturday as we speak.
Wow. That Would be more than any FB game this season.

RioDog

Block C Bozo
Reaction Score
The one thing I do know is that the block C is a scar that reminds everyone of Randy Edsall.

View attachment 71843
What a ridiculous statement. This is what the block C reminds everyone in South Bend, Indiana of:

1639535619915.jpeg
:

How diminished that image and memory would be for me with some goofy generic wolf-looking thing or heaven forbid that call of the wild nonsense. The fluffy white dog is ok for hoops.

Reaction Score
UCLA has a unique helmet. I like the block but maybe Coach Mora decides to go with #5. But white lettering on blue. I can't decide if I really like it or if it looks too Yankee.

1639538266117.jpeg

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
What a ridiculous statement. This is what the block C reminds everyone in South Bend, Indiana of: View attachment 71848 :

How diminished that image and memory would be for me with some goofy generic wolf-looking thing or heaven forbid that call of the wild nonsense. The fluffy white dog is ok for hoops.
Did not read your post but I reflexively like any post with that picture.

Reaction Score
Serms like everybody wanted the Block C back when Disco Bob was here, now after Edsal 2.0 people want to distance themselves from it because they associate it with him.

It still represents the most successful time in UConn football history. It’s a simple & clean look. College football helmets aren’t supposed to be flashy. I think they should keep it. Let Mora write another successful chapter with that logo.

Reaction Score
We should go with a modern look versus a classic one. Better yet. Get fans to vote on the options.

RioDog

Block C Bozo
Reaction Score
We should go with a modern look versus a classic one. Better yet. Get fans to vote on the options.
I'm not a graphic designer, but to my mind these are not mutually exclusive.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WillngtnOak

Top Bottom