End of the block C? | The Boneyard

End of the block C?

Drew

Its a post, about nothing!
Reaction Score
CEEDDF8F-8C15-4A26-B14F-1399D8409BD9.jpeg

Noticed in the pic above we have the white husky dog helmet in the background versus the block C

SubbaBub

Your stupidity is ruining my country.
Reaction Score
Nah, prefer blue. The white on white on white has a very Washington Generals feel to it.

Reaction Score
The blue looks so pedestrian to me. No character. Everyone has their like and dislikes i guess. I like Buffalo's blue helmets better

Reaction Score
White helmet with the Block C has a classic look. There are a number of "Huskies" (e.g., Washington, Northern Illinois) out there, but there is only ONE "C"onnecticut.
You are SO wrong. White helmets look very pedestrian & cheap. They look like the organization is paying bargain prices & not going the extra mile. I've said this in the past: Think back to the early 70s. In the YanCon, UConn, UMass, UNH, & URI all wore white helmets, It looked like someone just slapped different logos on them. Then in '72 or '73, UConn went to Blue helmets for contrast purposes. (Joe Corbo was on this team). The perception was an aesthetic improvement.
Another example, also from the '70s: The newly formed AFC East: New England, Jets, Miami, Baltimore, & Buffalo all wore white helmets from their inception. That division looked like the Division was shopping at the helmet bargain basement. Of those teams, only the Colts & Dolphins have retained white. The Colts helmet is historic, no need to change. The Dolphins helmet harkens back to their greatest NFL success: their fans would despise a change.
If you look over the Helmet project, UConn's helmet has alternated between Blue or White (with a few years of that insidious grey). I just feel that the National Flag Blue is more aesthetically pleasing & looks more "professional". I would only use white helmets on the date of a designated "whiteout" game. I'd even venture that now that red has officially been designated as UConn's 3rd official color, UConn endorse red helmets as an alternate.
I realize every fan has his or her own preference. The athletic department use whichever official color it wants. I Just prefer National Flag Blue as the primary color. After all, for years, UConn teams were referred to as the National Flag Blue & White.
We can't all be Penn St. or Yale with our color schemes. Even BYU changed to Blue helmets.
Rant over.

Reaction Score
I’m not a fan of the matching helmet/shirt/pant combo. I like white helmets, blue shirt, white pant or visa versa.

Husky25

Dink & Dunk beat the Greatest Show on Turf.
Reaction Score
I remember the lecterns in the larger halls had this helmet logo etched into the front of them in the late 90s. Also, I know it's mostly a relic from a bygone era, but the NCAA Football PlayStation II game from 2002 or 2003 issued helmet stickers. Caulley's helmet was half white by the time I played NC State in a bowl game from the number of dog bones on the back.

rNkIDQJdLRK0PHJ08Q2URWOzM5Z6C8D_GPqLMHioa06ggiiEmqV0yWT9uDN-rHOmWPBMNq_uYHiFwhWjNUgN9GgupBWnTGG-MsTTauSf6KkdfTSylHUklQ

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
NewErA

Top Bottom