End of the block C? | Page 2 | The Boneyard

End of the block C?

Reaction Score
OMOM UIR
WNMP NI
monty python film GIF

Reaction Score
I remember the lecterns in the larger halls had this helmet logo etched into the front of them in the late 90s. Also, I know it's mostly a relic from a bygone era, but the NCAA Football PlayStation II game from 2002 or 2003 issued helmet stickers. Caulley's helmet was half white by the time I played NC State in a bowl game from the number of dog bones on the back.

rNkIDQJdLRK0PHJ08Q2URWOzM5Z6C8D_GPqLMHioa06ggiiEmqV0yWT9uDN-rHOmWPBMNq_uYHiFwhWjNUgN9GgupBWnTGG-MsTTauSf6KkdfTSylHUklQ
This helmet is from the last season in Memorial Stadium. If I remember correctly, it was only used that year. When the Huskies moved to the RENT, the logo was changed to the Block C as we know it.

Husky25

Dink & Dunk beat the Greatest Show on Turf.
Reaction Score
This helmet is from the last season in Memorial Stadium. If I remember correctly, it was only used that year. When the Huskies moved to the RENT, the logo was changed to the Block C as we know it.
Which does not change my opinion of it.

Reaction Score
You are SO wrong. White helmets look very pedestrian & cheap. They look like the organization is paying bargain prices & not going the extra mile. I've said this in the past: Think back to the early 70s. In the YanCon, UConn, UMass, UNH, & URI all wore white helmets, It looked like someone just slapped different logos on them. Then in '72 or '73, UConn went to Blue helmets for contrast purposes. (Joe Corbo was on this team). The perception was an aesthetic improvement.
Another example, also from the '70s: The newly formed AFC East: New England, Jets, Miami, Baltimore, & Buffalo all wore white helmets from their inception. That division looked like the Division was shopping at the helmet bargain basement. Of those teams, only the Colts & Dolphins have retained white. The Colts helmet is historic, no need to change. The Dolphins helmet harkens back to their greatest NFL success: their fans would despise a change.
If you look over the Helmet project, UConn's helmet has alternated between Blue or White (with a few years of that insidious grey). I just feel that the National Flag Blue is more aesthetically pleasing & looks more "professional". I would only use white helmets on the date of a designated "whiteout" game. I'd even venture that now that red has officially been designated as UConn's 3rd official color, UConn endorse red helmets as an alternate.
I realize every fan has his or her own preference. The athletic department use whichever official color it wants. I Just prefer National Flag Blue as the primary color. After all, for years, UConn teams were referred to as the National Flag Blue & White.
We can't all be Penn St. or Yale with our color schemes. Even BYU changed to Blue helmets.
Rant over.

I'd suggest the Penn St look is classic, not cheap. The Buffalo Bills went back to white because it looks classic. All the other variations look like "the flavor of the day" and would be changed again in 5 years. Not a good idea for a sport that relies heavily on tradition. Finally, the Block C is unique and identifies us as THE flagship state university of Connecticut.

Reaction Score
I think this current combo is fine - no need to change just because the coach will change. We had our highest points of success with the Block C and the Husky dog is a simple alternate. Both do the job. They will look a lot better to people once we start winning again.

IMG_7453.jpeg

Reaction Score
What about nothing on the helmet like PSU or how about their number on the side like Alabama. Minimal, classic and still stylish.

Urcea

Rent Enjoyer
Reaction Score
What about nothing on the helmet like PSU or how about their number on the side like Alabama. Minimal, classic and still stylish.
in the white, it's probably derivative

Reaction Score
has HCJM said anything about the Block C yet? sounds like a fun question for him if he does a Season ticket holders meet and greet type event

Reaction Score
I like the Block C and although I roll old school, I think the husky logo could be incorporated into some phat design if they chose to go the ducks route.

1637256949948.jpeg

UC1995

Back to Basics!
Reaction Score
It is crazy how much we debate there has been here on this topic but I think it speaks for our need to have an identity. Right now nothing stands out for Uconn when we put on the football uniform. Unlike and OSU or Alabama which are iconic our seems to drift all over the place. Changing all the time makes us look lost (which our program has been). Once we have an identity we can put out alternate versions

Reaction Score
I think this current combo is fine - no need to change just because the coach will change. We had our highest points of success with the Block C and the Husky dog is a simple alternate. Both do the job. They will look a lot better to people once we start winning again.

View attachment 71087
Maybe block c on one side Husky one the other?

Toss in a throwback helmet with sad dog

1637259640380.jpeg

Reaction Score
You are SO wrong. White helmets look very pedestrian & cheap. They look like the organization is paying bargain prices & not going the extra mile. I've said this in the past: Think back to the early 70s. In the YanCon, UConn, UMass, UNH, & URI all wore white helmets, It looked like someone just slapped different logos on them. Then in '72 or '73, UConn went to Blue helmets for contrast purposes. (Joe Corbo was on this team). The perception was an aesthetic improvement.
Another example, also from the '70s: The newly formed AFC East: New England, Jets, Miami, Baltimore, & Buffalo all wore white helmets from their inception. That division looked like the Division was shopping at the helmet bargain basement. Of those teams, only the Colts & Dolphins have retained white. The Colts helmet is historic, no need to change. The Dolphins helmet harkens back to their greatest NFL success: their fans would despise a change.
If you look over the Helmet project, UConn's helmet has alternated between Blue or White (with a few years of that insidious grey). I just feel that the National Flag Blue is more aesthetically pleasing & looks more "professional". I would only use white helmets on the date of a designated "whiteout" game. I'd even venture that now that red has officially been designated as UConn's 3rd official color, UConn endorse red helmets as an alternate.
I realize every fan has his or her own preference. The athletic department use whichever official color it wants. I Just prefer National Flag Blue as the primary color. After all, for years, UConn teams were referred to as the National Flag Blue & White.
We can't all be Penn St. or Yale with our color schemes. Even BYU changed to Blue helmets.
Rant over.

I don't care if the helmets are white or blue, but the ones in the OP with the husky logo just slapped on the side look cheap as heck. People here seem to have some kind of vendetta against the block C, but it looks so much classier than that husky logo slapped on the side. I'd take anything besides that, even the husky blasting out of the player's forehead looks better.

TRest

Horrible
Reaction Score

View attachment 71087
Get a stripe accent down the middle, blue with red on the white helmet, white with red on the blue helmet.

Reaction Score
I’m willing to bet that the university will slap whatever sticker the Big Ten wants on the side of our helmet if it is a requirement for admission
Lol… facts even if it were the sad husky lol

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
UChuskman

Top Bottom