elsewhere around the AAC... | Page 4 | The Boneyard

elsewhere around the AAC...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Cincinnati's average margin of victory so far is like 42 points. Yeah, their competition has been bad, but a D-1 team is a D-1 team.

Reaction Score
I never associate offense with Cinci. Is it sustainable throughout the season?

Obviously they won't average 90+ but I think it is sustainable. Clark and Ellis are very skilled post players and, finally, they seem to be able to spread the floor with capable shooters.

Matrim55

Why is it so hard To make it in America
Reaction Score
Obviously they won't average 90+ but I think it is sustainable. Clark and Ellis are very skilled post players and, finally, they seem to be able to spread the floor with capable shooters.
Yup. I know I've been beating this drum to an almost annoying extent, but this team is terrifying. I honestly think they're the No. 1 team in the country.

They defend, rebound, shoot, and draw a ton of fouls.

Reaction Score
Bearcat fan here, our offense looks good but we've played all scrubs. The Cats have Nebraska, George Washington or Tennessee, Butler, at Xavier, Iowa State and at VCU in the next six weeks. We'll see if we're still putting up points against real competition. I think we're probably somewhere around a top 15 team.

kobe

Power Conference Enjoyer (Big 12)
Reaction Score
Yup. I know I've been beating this drum to an almost annoying extent, but this team is terrifying. I honestly think they're the No. 1 team in the country.

We're a top 15ish team in my estimation. We haven't played anyone yet but at this point last year were also 4-0 averaging just 58.3 points per game versus similar competition (this year at 96). Not to mention we've got the highest MOV of teams that have played at least 4 games. It was higher than Butler's (before they lost to the U) and they had a freakin 70+ point win. I am definitely excited about this season but until we face some quality competition I'll reserve the hyperbole. We could possibly face George Washington on Saturday, host Butler, go on the road for VCU and Xavier before hosting Iowa State (wonder if they could be #1 by 12/22). A lot of good tests coming up. I will say I like our chances in all of those games but Xavier because we are cursed in that gym and will lose on some fluke play like always.

kobe

Reaction Score
Close one for SMU. They beat Yale by 2: http://espn.go.com/ncb/boxscore?gameId=400839725

And another 99 points for Cincinnati tonight. Averaging 96 points a game - @kobe when's the last time Cinci averaged that much per game?
It looks like our highest season average was in the mid 80 point range during Oscar Robertson's Senior year. I've never seen us this efficient even against cupcakes.

Reaction Score
Yup. I know I've been beating this drum to an almost annoying extent, but this team is
terrifying. I honestly think they're the No. 1 team in the country.

If my Cincinnati ticket pays out I'll feel obligated to give you a share. You've been hyping them since spring.

Inyatkin

Stairway to Seven
Reaction Score

If Cincinnati goes anywhere this year you will have a long string of posts proving your prescience. In the meanwhile, I doubt even they think they're as good as you do.

Reaction Score
Rough night for the AAC.

Tulsa loses to South Carolina in the first round of the Paradise Jam (I think that was the tournament)
Memphis loses at home to UT-Arlington
East Carolina getting thrashed by SDSU

kobe

Reaction Score
Rough night for the AAC.

Tulsa loses to South Carolina in the first round of the Paradise Jam (I think that was the tournament)
Tulsa and South Carolina were playing in the Paradise Jam Final. They were playing with fire all week barely getting by Ohio and Indiana State.

Reaction Score
This is going to be a two bid league, I think. Although SMU will be just as good as beating a tournament team should UConn or Cincy beat them. Going to be a few sub 250 RPI teams unfortunately.

Reaction Score
Tulsa and South Carolina were playing in the Paradise Jam Final. They were playing with fire all week barely getting by Ohio and Indiana State.

My bad. I guess that's better than losing in the first round. Still disappointing they couldn't beat South Carolina (they should be a decent team, though).

Reaction Score
This is going to be a two bid league, I think. Although SMU will be just as good as beating a tournament team should UConn or Cincy beat them. Going to be a few sub 250 RPI teams unfortunately.

I think Tulsa will be # 3. I believe Matrim is a little crazy in his Cinci projection but I do think that UCONN, SMU and Cinci are all top 15ish teams. This will be a big boost to the schedule, but we really need to take care of in the Bahamas.

Reaction Score
Rough night for the AAC.
Count UT-Arlington as a team no high major wants to play in the first round of the tourney come March.

Reaction Score
We're a top 15ish team in my estimation. We haven't played anyone yet but at this point last year were also 4-0 averaging just 58.3 points per game versus similar competition (this year at 96). Not to mention we've got the highest MOV of teams that have played at least 4 games. It was higher than Butler's (before they lost to the U) and they had a freakin 70+ point win. I am definitely excited about this season but until we face some quality competition I'll reserve the hyperbole. We could possibly face George Washington on Saturday, host Butler, go on the road for VCU and Xavier before hosting Iowa State (wonder if they could be #1 by 12/22). A lot of good tests coming up. I will say I like our chances in all of those games but Xavier because we are cursed in that gym and will lose on some fluke play like always.

If Cincy plays GW in Brooklyn, you will learn something. GW is a very smart team playing good ball, and they haven't even started hitting 3s yet.

kobe

Reaction Score
Looked a lot like the last 5 years tonight but I think the team was simply bored...big games coming up starting Friday. UC wins 64-49.

cockhrnleghrn

Crowing rooster
Reaction Score
My bad. I guess that's better than losing in the first round. Still disappointing they couldn't beat South Carolina (they should be a decent team, though).

Tulsa should be a tournament team as long as Haith doesn't overcoach his 9 seniors. The Gamecocks are much improved this season and will also be a tourney team.

Reaction Score
The AAC is currently the 10th ranked conference in the RPI (with nearly 1/3 of the OOC completed) with a combined record of 24-16. It is projected to be the 8th best league come March. Any bubble teams it has will not get the benefit of the doubt. If Tulsa (or nay other team for that matter) is on the cusp, they will be left out just like SMU in 2014 and Temple in

The OOC performance of top AAC teams will carry more weight than the conference RPI. Everyone knows our bottom 4 is a dumpster fire.

BUHusky

The original. Accept no substitutes.
Reaction Score
Houston lost to USF by 9...at home. Yikes.

Reaction Score
Looking more and more like a 1-2 bid league this year. Cincy's best win's are GW & VCU....they will be a desperate team come Thursday looking to knock us off...hope we're ready, can't afford a home loss to them....splits with SMU & Cincy are a must.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
taliekluv32

Top Bottom