elsewhere around the AAC...

Status
Not open for further replies.

BUHusky

The original. Accept no substitutes.
Reaction Score
USF lost to Troy
Tulane lost to Alabama A&M
Temple got killed by UNC (expected of course)

East Carolina squeaked by Grambling
Cincy beat up West Carolina

The bottom half of the AAC is going to decimate UConn's RPI. Not that we didn't all know that anyway... Ugh.

BUHusky

Reaction Score
Honestly, we take care of business like we are supposed to in the non conference schedule, and play up to our potential, the impact of the bottom dwellers on our RPI shouldn't be too much.
I completely agree. The only thing that is worrisome is almost all of the big OOC games are front loaded. Almost no room for error.

The Michigan game is so big. A loss to Michigan almost guarantees a game with Charlotte (who got beat up by Elon tonight) and a very subpar slate of games in Atlantis.

Reaction Score
I completely agree. The only thing that is worrisome is almost all of the big OOC games are front loaded. Almost no room for error.

The Michigan game is so big. A loss to Michigan almost guarantees a game with Charlotte (who got beat up by Elon tonight) and a very subpar slate of games in Atlantis.

Is it weird to say that might be the most important game of the regular season? Definitely a weird time to be living in.

BUHusky

Reaction Score
Is it weird to say that might be the most important game of the regular season? Definitely a weird time to be living in.
It very well might be. It will dictate the quality of UConn's next 2 opponents. Kind of like the Wichita St. game in Maui 2010.

Reaction Score
Given what's on the other side of the bracket there's a good chance you can still get a quality/NCAAT caliber opponent in the last game if they follow a lose to Mich/beat Charlotte path. But yea, beat Michigan. Beilen's teams have always struck me as a bit soft defensively, with the new rules Gibbs, Purvis, DHam, and Adams should give them hell off the dribble.

Reaction Score
AAC games won't be a big hindrance to us if we win almost all of them. We need to win the conference handily and only lose a few games to teams like Cincinnati and SMU. If we do that and play well in our OOC schedule we will be fine. If we can't do that we probably aren't all that good anyway.

ConnZag3

NCAA Hoops Connoisseur
Reaction Score
Washington and Texas not exactly looking impressive in this China matchup tonight either. The losers bracket could be very ugly in Atlantis...

Reaction Score
It very well might be. It will dictate the quality of UConn's next 2 opponents. Kind of like the Wichita St. game in Maui 2010.

Stupid question of the night - but speaking of Wichita State - why wouldn't we want to play each other a lot? Would seemingly make A TON of sense for the two programs...

UChusky916

Making the board a little less insufferable
Reaction Score
Call me crazy, but I'l take another 7 seed and F them.

I somewhat like your thinking, but that is crazy. We're not likely to see another 2 seed as bad as that nova team in 2014. They were overrated all year. Granted, we matched up well vs them. But we should be hoping for more than a 7 seed with this teams talent

Reaction Score
AAC games won't be a big hindrance to us if we win almost all of them. We need to win the conference handily and only lose a few games to teams like Cincinnati and SMU. If we do that and play well in our OOC schedule we will be fine. If we can't do that we probably aren't all that good anyway.

Well, we couldn't do that in our recent championship year either. So... the bottom of the league is rougher than rough. But I wouldn't say half the league is that bad. Teams like Houston (projected to be on the bottom half) have some talent. Whether Kelvin Sampson can do anything with it is another story.

Tulane, UCF and USF are going to be abysmal. East Carolina is a little more passable. But if anyone really believes teams will have an easy time with senior-laden teams like Tulsa, they may be in for a surprise.

Reaction Score
This team should have no more then 2-3 losses. SMU, Maybe Ciny and one loss in Battle Atlantis. Although, I honestly belive there can be that dream season like Kentucky had. I looking at schedule and our talent matches all but exceeds most. We seem to be deeper then the competition on our schedule. But an off night can bring upsets.

Reaction Score
This team should have no more then 2-3 losses. SMU, Maybe Ciny and one loss in Battle Atlantis. Although, I honestly belive there can be that dream season like Kentucky had. I looking at schedule and our talent matches all but exceeds most. We seem to be deeper then the competition on our schedule. But an off night can bring upsets.

So they will beat Maryland, Michigan, Syracuse, Texas, Ohio State, Georgetown and win 2 against Tulsa, Temple and Houston.

That makes them #1 in the country.

27-3 with losses to Gonzaga, SMU and Cincy makes you a 1 seed.

Reaction Score
Honestly, we take care of business like we are supposed to in the non conference schedule, and play up to our potential, the impact of the bottom dwellers on our RPI shouldn't be too much.
I somewhat like your thinking, but that is crazy. We're not likely to see another 2 seed as bad as that nova team in 2014. They were overrated all year. Granted, we matched up well vs them. But we should be hoping for more than a 7 seed with this teams talent

Honestly ... Give me Villanova ever year. Whatever seed. We just crash that damn Jay Wright & all his hair product.

Reaction Score
One thing I won't do this season is worry about our rpi....too much of that last year. This years team has plenty of non-conf opportunities to boost rpi and 1/2 of their conf games vs quality opponents. No, the AAC is not 10 teams deep so we have to dominate it and we'll be fine. A 3-seed maybe the ceiling for the AAC unless we are spectacular....fine by me. The talent in our top 7 - 8 players should translate to a top 10 team, now they just have to win games. Looks to me like we have some very Hungry Huskies looking to make some major noise.

Last edited:

intlzncster

i fart in your general direction
Reaction Score

single game? no idea. that will be determined retrospect towards the end of the season. The reality is that 2 things truly matter: win the league. win the conf tournament. and the seed will be strong.

Reaction Score
If they take care of business and win a good share of their games against the better teams on their schedule, they will stay in the top 25 and get it solid seed in the NCAA tournament.

If they win most of those games, and take care of business in the AAC, they will be in line for a 1 or 2 seed in the tournament depending on how other elite teams do this season.

I don't think the bottom of the AAC will be a problem unless UConn lays an egg against the better teams on their schedule. If that were to happen then it's their own fault. I just don't see that happening though. I expect to see a ton of W's in the win column.

gtcam

Diehard since '65
Reaction Score
This team will not lose to SMU - Cincy is always a defensive battle and could be hit/miss
I am not saying UConn will be undefeated but any more than 2-4 losses will amaze me
They will have 1 WTF loss in conference and could stub its toe against a solid OOC team.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CJasmer

Top Bottom