Elite Premium Portal Thread | Page 5 | The Boneyard

Elite Premium Portal Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
This guy was better as a freshman than Newton was as a junior in the AAC. Has great stats.

Not sure he fits our defensive scheme being short (tall guards help to prevent passing over the top when the big is retreating after the hedge). But he's probably a top 3 guy in the portal and we do have that AAC PG pipeline going....

Huskyforlife

Akokbouk
Reaction Score
This guy was better as a freshman than Newton was as a junior in the AAC. Has great stats.

Not sure he fits our defensive scheme being short (tall guards help to prevent passing over the top when the big is retreating after the hedge). But he's probably a top 3 guy in the portal and we do have that AAC PG pipeline going....
Dan recruited gaffney/diggins/Diarra that were all around 6’2. Obviously none were 6’ but we are talking a more productive player.

RipCity

Absolute Savage
Reaction Score

We have contacted 3 SGs and 0 PGs so I’m assuming that continues at this point

Reaction Score

Slater tweeted he's not leaving the state so maybe back to LSU?

August_West

Universal remote, put it down on docking station.
Reaction Score

I don’t think we hedge nearly as much next year much with Clingan getting 30 min a game

Reaction Score

Slater said he didn’t expect him to leave the state

Waquoit

Mr. Positive
Reaction Score
It’s impossible to say right now - we really have no idea what our roster will look like next year. (DH does.)
This sounds promising.

RipCity

Absolute Savage
Reaction Score
I know everyone talks about posh, but Addae Wusu is the Johnnies transfer that interests me. He is a respectable shooter with solid AST numbers and a good defender. He was the 2nd best player on the St Johns team last year (minimum 50% minutes played) going by hoop maths RAPM.

Seton Hall should be all over the St Johns transfers

HuskyHawk

The triumphant return of the Blues Brothers.
Reaction Score
I don’t think we hedge nearly as much next year much with Clingan getting 30 min a game
I doubt he can play 30 a game, but even at 25-28 hedging will be a lot less common. Most important portal piece might be a backup big, depending on who returns. Still think Hurley will get big guards when he can, but wouldn’t pass up a great 6 foot kid.

HuskyHawk

The triumphant return of the Blues Brothers.
Reaction Score
Wondered if Hopkins would try to go to the draft. He’s projected 2nd round. I think it’s smart of them to come back. There’s no reason to think English can’t be good at PC. Glad to see this.

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
Would love to see PC finish above GT next year.
Season 5 Idk GIF by NBC

FfldCntyFan

Texas: Property of UConn Men's Basketball program
Reaction Score
From what little I've seen and read your new coach seems to be a personable guy and the type of coach who can connect with younger players. For your sake I hope he views PC as more than a rung on the ladder to where he wants to be and it would be nice if he works out to be a better coach than Cooley.

Reaction Score
And this was key for English or whoever else was going to be the PC coach, retaining the players. I heard that English had a good relationship/friendship with Bryce Hopkins while he was in high school. A lot of times, not all the times, recruiting can have a domino effect. If Hopkins leaves, I am certain Devin Carter leans much more heavily to leaving and I am sure those two have talked a bunch about their futures after Cooley left for Georgetown. But in retaining Hopkins, it just makes it that much more likely to retain Carter and once other players on the roster see that those two are remaining they are more likely to stay as well.

Of course the impact of the NIL deals is so important, too. I am sure there are some lucrative businesses on Federal Hill that can help with that.

RayIsTheGOAT

Sticks, to the rafters
Reaction Score
Who is still in the Portal.

KE looks like a good guy though, Providence should be glad in the end here. I think they may be better off long term without Cooley. I can't wait to see Cooley be the doormat of the league next year. And it's coming.
I think people might be surprised how quickly Cooley can make Georgetown competitive. It won’t necessarily be overnight, but I don’t expect them to be the doormat that they have been, as soon as next season. The new portal era is a totally different beast in terms of rebuilding a program.
It’s not like Georgetown lacked talent either. The coaching was ostensibly atrocious.

Reaction Score
Wondered if Hopkins would try to go to the draft. He’s projected 2nd round. I think it’s smart of them to come back. There’s no reason to think English can’t be good at PC. Glad to see this.
Hopkins is a talented and skilled player for sure. He could use another year in college to develop his overall game, especially his defense.
And as we all know, 2nd round contracts are not guaranteed.

Technically he is a junior with 3 more years of eligibility including the COVID year. But really he is a sophomore as next year will be his 2nd year of experience playing high level college basketball.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TTown

Top Bottom