Elite 8 Sunday games | Page 8 | The Boneyard

Elite 8 Sunday games

nelsonmuntz

Point Center
Reaction Score
That was such a stupid obvious foul by nembard. He didn’t just touch him, he extended his arm. That’s a foul. If they don’t call that and Creighton goes in to win in overtime they’d have robbed SDSU

Jay Wright just said the other side of that argument. That foul was not called the whole game, and then it was called at the end to win the game.

Reaction Score
Jay Wright just said the other side of that argument. That foul was not called the whole game, and then it was called at the end to win the game.
So keep making the wrong call? As a player you have to know you can’t shove a guy there. You have to know that. Bad decision by nembard.

Chin Diesel

Power of Love
Reaction Score
Sir Charles seem to think the referees are seeing the game in slow motion and have time to debate internally if a foul should be called or not. IMO, it was a foul, and it got called.

Worse yet, one of the semi-finals will be Florida Atlantic versus San Diego State. The CBS execs must be p!ssing themselves over the tumbling ad rates and what will probably be a little watched game. College hoops fanatics will tune in for certain, but the casual fan probably will not.

And that is the second game in prime time Saturday night.

Reaction Score
obviously I am going to keep doing it since the refs never called it for either side. Why stop with 1 second left. It was a bad play and he shouldn’t have done it. He wasn’t making that shot either way.

Reaction Score
I wonder how many people around the country that are mad about the foul call would instead be mad if it wasn’t called and Creighton won in OT

nelsonmuntz

Point Center
Reaction Score
So keep making the wrong call? As a player you have to know you can’t shove a guy there. You have to know that. Bad decision by nembard.

My initial reaction was that it was a foul, but Wright put it in the correct context.

It wasn't the "wrong" call. All foul calls are judgment calls, and all the coaches, players and fans can ask is that the refs are consistent. The refs had called the game a certain way the whole game, and then switched it in the last 2 seconds of the game. That is the definition of the refs deciding the game.

Nothing steams me more than the officials calling the game one way for the first 39 minutes and then switching gears at the end. This happens most often at the end when a team is down and the refs let it foul like crazy on inbounds and the press, when that same contact would have been a foul call just a couple of minutes earlier. But it applies the other way too. If the refs are calling it loose all game, they can't suddenly change the standard to literally give one team the victory, and a trip to the Final Four.

nelsonmuntz

Point Center
Reaction Score
Dutcher pulled out that game playing that way, but I expect his next officiating crew to watch the film of this game and I would be surprised if they let the game get nearly as physical as Creighton/SDSU.

Reaction Score

Attachments

• B8E578BA-98F5-4A1A-ACD0-18F9E3ED2726.gif
    B8E578BA-98F5-4A1A-ACD0-18F9E3ED2726.gif
    159.1 KB · Views: 47
Reaction Score
Creighton player stepped on the out of bounds line throwing the pass in. The ref should have called that. Doesn't matter
It is an OUT OF BOUNDS line, therefore, legal to stop ON, just not over. There was no issue on that play.

Reaction Score
Texas looks small to me.
I was thinking the opposite. Texas has some girth and they can shoot. Miami looks quick and slight and can also shoot.

Texas also is missing their big guy because of injury.

Taking it all in, GO MIAMI!!

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
NYCVET

Top Bottom