Elite 8 Sunday games | The Boneyard

Elite 8 Sunday games

Reaction Score
UConn would have an easier time with Creighton than with SDSU.

As long as the refs call traveling on Nemhard. Not sure how the refs missed his 3 steps on that +1.

Reaction Score
Creighton of course.

I cannot wrap my head around the desire to see a Big East team we’ve struggled with in the Final Four. It just makes no sense to me at all. It will be a hilarious bit of cosmic irony to steamroll every nonconference opponent by two touchdowns just to lose to Creighton on Monday night.

To each their own I guess.

Reaction Score
I cannot wrap my head around the desire to see a Big East team we’ve struggled with in the Final Four. It just makes no sense to me at all. It will be a hilarious bit of cosmic irony to steamroll every nonconference opponent by two touchdowns just to lose to Creighton on Monday night.

That's my concern too. I think UConn would beat Creighton if UConn can win their semifinal game. Having said that, I think that game is a coin flip

Reaction Score

As much as i root for the Big East in the tournament, i agree that i have no interest in playing Creighton again this year.

Reaction Score

Agreed. SD St is offensively challenged and would really struggle to score against our D. Creighton is way familiar with us and have been a thorn in our side. Don't care about conference affiliation this far in. Want the better matchups and out of conference opponents where we are undefeated.

Reaction Score
I think SDSU is lucky to only be down 6. They've had some really ugly looking plays, they do not look good right now. I've counted 2-3 airballs and a couple other shots that weren't even close.

First time I've watched them this year. Are they really this streaky or is Creighton's defense just clamping them up?

nelsonmuntz

Point Center
Reaction Score

There are two benefits from Creighton making the Final Four. 1) Big East is going into TV contract negotiations soon and 2) more Big East Final Four teams helps recruiting. UConn also knows Creighton, which helps UConn.

I don't see how SDSU winning helps UConn at all. And SDSU is a really good team that could be a tough matchup for UConn. They are a more talented, better coached version of Providence, and if we got a "let them play" officiating crew against SDSU, the Huskies could be in trouble.

Reaction Score
I agree in one sense that SDSU would be safer, but these aren't the big east refs and like Karaban said- we can't wait to see Creighton. "Shy away from no one" should be the mentality for us fans, cuz I guarantee you it is for the guys. Mentality is huge. It's invisible to us viewers, the physical is so much easier to quantify, but you can't deny the advantage we have mentally right now. We did struggle with them during the year but this is a different uconn team than a few weeks ago- hard to deny that

Last edited:
Reaction Score
There are two benefits from Creighton making the Final Four. 1) Big East is going into contract negotiations soon and 2) more Big East Final Four teams helps recruiting. UConn also knows Creighton, which helps UConn.

I don't see how SDSU winning helps UConn at all. And SDSU is a really good team that would be a tough matchup for UConn. They are a more talented, better coached version of Providence, and if we got a "let them play" officiating crew against SDSU, the Huskies could be in trouble.

Your two alleged benefits from Creighton winning could not possibly be less compelling to me when we’re talking winning a national championship but, like I said, to each their own. To me it’s like Syracuse fans bragging about their ACC paycheck while not making the CBI.

Reaction Score
After two days of March Madness, my dump of a bracket was completely ignored.

Since this year has been totally off-chalk, I checked my bracket again this afternoon and was surprised to learn that I'm actually tied for 2nd amongst 38 entries and I'm guaranteed to finish 2nd if Texas loses today.

On a strictly basketball level, Texas' thin backcourt took a major hit with Disu's bone bruise. Prior to leaving the Xavier game, he's been incredible averaging 19.5p and 8.5r in the previous four games.

Texas' biggest players behind Disu? 6'8 205, 6'7 220, 6'7 205, 6'6 210...

Last edited:
Reaction Score

I don't think we would struggle with them out of conference with no Big East refs. I always root Big East and 2 Big East final 4 teams shows us flexing our muscles.

Reaction Score
Tough one. The devil you know or the devil you never saw before.

Reaction Score
I dont want to play a team whos scouted us for two prior games. Id rather play a team on a 2 day prep who hasnt played us before. Although we gotta Get there first

Reaction Score
I don't think we would struggle with them out of conference with no Big East refs. I always root Big East and 2 Big East final 4 teams shows us flexing our muscles.

Until we get O’Connell and High Knees on Monday night.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Vincent22

Top Bottom