Elite 8 Sunday games | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Elite 8 Sunday games

Reaction Score
SDSU owes us from 2011 - Lamb 3 + steal and dunk at the end. We owe Creighton one - lets go Creighton!

BGesus4

Running everywhere
Reaction Score
I don't think we would struggle with them out of conference with no Big East refs. I always root Big East and 2 Big East final 4 teams shows us flexing our muscles.
If it happened it would definitely change ppls minds as to whether we have a strong in-conference rival. Put me in the camp, though, of wanting non conference opponents. I’d feel the same way about Xavier or Marquette.

Reaction Score
I do not want to play Creighton
San Diego State is still in it and had it tied. They just need to hit a few more baskets as they have tighten up the D. Go Aztecs!

nelsonmuntz

Point Center
Reaction Score
The old stereotype about West Coast teams being soft is not accurate anymore. UCLA is a physical team, and this SDSU team plays big boy basketball, and they know how to play physical on both ends without just fouling.

They are a bad shooting team though.

Reaction Score
Chrieghton has our number. We can beat them but they can beat us and they know it.

Got Texas or Miami first.

Reaction Score
If it happened it would definitely change ppls minds as to whether we have a strong in-conference rival. Put me in the camp, though, of wanting non conference opponents. I’d feel the same way about Xavier or Marquette.
UConn vs. Creighton was the national title game I wanted at the very start of the season. Both teams clearly showed they had final 4 talent early in the season and then faced major bumps in the road, Creighton had a bumpier ride.

It's not always good as a fan to root for the matchup you think will be better for your team. I think most people are rooting for Miami today because they don't want to face a really good Texas team in Houston but Larranaga is a great coach and they have great guards. They can explode on you with tough shots from three.

It's going to be tough no matter what because it's the final 4. Give me what we had back in the day, a Big East national title game and the whole country being unable to deny the Big East is the best basketball conference.

Reaction Score
UConn vs. Creighton was the national title game I wanted at the very start of the season. Both teams clearly showed they had final 4 talent early in the season and then faced major bumps in the road, Creighton had a bumpier ride.

It's not always good as a fan to root for the matchup you think will be better for your team. I think most people are rooting for Miami today because they don't want to face a really good Texas team in Houston but Larranaga is a great coach and they have great guards. They can explode on you with tough shots from three.

It's going to be tough no matter what because it's the final 4. Give me what we had back in the day, a Big East national title game and the whole country being unable to deny the Big East is the best basketball conference.
One of the most coherent posts about the tourney I've seen.

OkaForPrez

Really Popular Poster
Reaction Score

I’d rather anyone else make the championship game on account for how much it’s an advantage for us to play a team on a short scout.

We’re really tough to prepare for.

That said, it would be fun rubbing elbows with another big east team on Saturday knowing we both are repping the conference and not playing each other (yet)

nelsonmuntz

Point Center
Reaction Score
These refs are allowing a LOT of hand-checking in this game. We would be in a lot of trouble if an officiating crew allowed SDSU to do this to us.

ShakyTheMohel

Is it 11:11 yet?
Reaction Score
Hurley keeps talking about how much better this team plays against teams they haven't played before. Seems like he would prefer SDSU.

And I agree.

Reaction Score
I think we still have the edge on Creighton this year. They barely beat us at home. At this point, we've seen every way to defend out team and can out-execute anything that McDermott throws at us.

nelsonmuntz

Point Center
Reaction Score
I never understood why teams like SDSU that have trouble scoring resort to slow down, possession basketball. They should speed up the pace because it is easier to score in transition than it is against a set defense.

Reaction Score
Everyone here has made good points on whether or to pull for or against Creighton. It's why I am enjoying this game, but struggling to decide what I really want to happen

Reaction Score
If SDSU could make their layups, they'd be up double digits and getting ready to go to the Final Four. Creighton is contesting pretty well, but not nearly well enough to force all these misses. They're leaving a LOT of points at the rim.

As I type this, they miss an open dunk..

EDIT and right as I hit send, SDSU player tripped over himself and dropped the ball out of bounds.

Reaction Score
I'd take playing this version of either team, tbh. Some poor shooting, even on high % shots and open looks (it's not just good D)

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
LocalHits

Top Bottom