Elite 8 Sunday games | Page 7 | The Boneyard

Elite 8 Sunday games

BGesus4

Running everywhere
Reaction Score
Also Texas is without Disu today, and the injury doesn’t look like something he’d be able to play with anytime soon

Reaction Score
I don't believe any one is saying that wasn't a foul, but just why would you make a call like that after everything you let go in this game. It was a tied game go into OT and let the teams win or lose.
I think because you let physical play go but should always call a foul when a shooter gets hit on the arm or with the body. The shooter clearly got hit with the body.

Reaction Score
The only way to beat SDSU is to force the refs to call 25+ fouls in the game. If they can get away with all that bumping, they can beat anyone.
It is more about the non-calls than what they call. I have stated many (too many) times, I prefer they call games tight with the contact, err on the side of the offensive player, and do not knit pick the infractions (travel, 3 second calls, moving screens etc - momentum killers, IMO).

Reaction Score
It’s wild that if Miami wins we will only be bringing the white jerseys.
Just like this Creighton -SDSU game I am watching and will be entertained, but I struggle as far as rooting interest. I just don't know what is better for UConn.

Reaction Score
There are two benefits from Creighton making the Final Four. 1) Big East is going into TV contract negotiations soon and 2) more Big East Final Four teams helps recruiting. UConn also knows Creighton, which helps UConn.

I don't see how SDSU winning helps UConn at all. And SDSU is a really good team that could be a tough matchup for UConn. They are a more talented, better coached version of Providence, and if we got a "let them play" officiating crew against SDSU, the Huskies could be in trouble.
We are still a better offensive than defensive team so The benefit is matching up better against good Defensive teams that have trouble scoring than good offensive teams that defend poorly, not that Creighton is poor defensively.

Having said that I can’t explain the Gonzaga result. Just a once in a lifetime type performance.

Reaction Score
Yeah, in watching it again it was a foul. They just let them beat the **** out of each other all game, so it felt wrong in the moment.
If they were calling the game tight then I would understand that call more, but they were mugging each other the entire game

Reaction Score
That wasn’t the most fun ending, but I’m not sure I understand the outrage.

You can’t put your hand on the back of a shooter, never mind push him. Even a light push like that will have a big impact on the shot.

Reaction Score
He was just touched on the drive….he pulled down and clenched by his hand….the rest of letting them play throughout the game is on rebounding and general contact when guarding…being grabbed from behind on a drive is different…it’s a foul. Oh

Reaction Score
It's really a brilliant foul though. The replay really showed the impact. This is after I stomped around yelling that overtime should be a default ending to these situations.

Reaction Score
We are still a better offensive than defensive team so The benefit is matching up better against good Defensive teams that have trouble scoring than good offensive teams that defend poorly, not that Creighton is poor defensively.

Having said that I can’t explain the Gonzaga result. Just a once in a lifetime type performance.
A 30 point drubbing means UConn played exceptionally well but we beat the Zags every time with the way we're playing. We're just a lot better than them and matchup great against them.

Reaction Score
I’m wish Creighton won but I do not want to play a team that knows us as well as they do. Idk how good we’re playing. Don’t want to face any BE teams.

RedStickHusky

formerly SeoulHuskyFan
Reaction Score
Screenshot_20230326-155404.png

Reaction Score
A 30 point drubbing means UConn played exceptionally well but we beat the Zags every time with the way we're playing. We're just a lot better than them and matchup great against them.
Sure we beat anyone in the country the way we played. But playing that well in either of the next 2 games isn’t guaranteed. So gimme Miami and SDSU/FAU over Texas and Creighton.

In the post game pressers Hurley kept repeating how we have an advantage whenever we play a team for the first time as opposed to a BE team that knows us well.

Reaction Score
Sir Charles seem to think the referees are seeing the game in slow motion and have time to debate internally if a foul should be called or not. IMO, it was a foul, and it got called.

Worse yet, one of the semi-finals will be Florida Atlantic versus San Diego State. The CBS execs must be p!ssing themselves over the tumbling ad rates and what will probably be a little watched game. College hoops fanatics will tune in for certain, but the casual fan probably will not.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
NYCVET

Top Bottom