Eleven NBA scouts in the stands. | Page 3 | The Boneyard

Eleven NBA scouts in the stands.

Reaction Score
Yeah, I tried to tell Dre stuff like that too and he went top 10. LOL
Actually, I think he opened some eyes tonight for scouts that hadn’t seen his recent play. The competition was considered good too.
He should come back and seems to like UConn, but the pressure will definitely build.
Andre is also 7 feet who plays defense and grabs 15-20 rebounds pg.

Reaction Score
Reminder: if Bouknight is healthy after the season there is a very high probability he declares for the draft to "test the waters"...I think he will be back for his sophomore year but lets not freak out when this happens.

Reaction Score
Generally, agree. But, Dre caught Jim by surprised when he went. Jim woukd have continued to Coach if he had stayed. I think if Jim didn’t have all the health issues that year, it may have turned out differently.

Calhoun would have literally pushed Drummond out the door if he said he wanted to stay for a 2nd year. Even by your standards this is a horrible attempt at trying to act like you know something we don't.

intlzncster

i fart in your general direction
Reaction Score
He also used to say that he wanted his players to be ready to contribute when they got to the NBA. The goal wasn't just to make it to the NBA, the goal was to be a major contributor so you could stay in the NBA for a long time.

That was his thing with Thabeet. One of the times he was most conflicted. Guy was gonna go guaranteed lottery, but wasn't remotely ready, especially mentally.

Reaction Score
There were 2 or 3 kids on the Houston team that the scouts came to see that, without a doubt, are more NBA ready than Bouk at this point.
Bouk is extremely talented but to start using words like great is way too early.
Last night, I really concentrated on the times that Bouk and Mills were going at each other and most all my friends around me agreed that Mills got the best of the match-up. Mills plays with so much composure and plays defense with his feet and doesn't over commit. He takes it to the hoop without hesitation. He is someone that an NBA team will take an early pick on now. Grimes is another really nice player but Mills has the bigger upside.
I think after next season, Bouk will be a 1st round and fringe lottery pick if he works on his D and becomes a bit stronger. His 3 air balls were not good but that is really an anomaly for him.
If CV didn't raise some interest among those scouts then there is no justice in this world
CV is the straw that stirs the UConn drink this season.
I have no doubt that after the game when Coach Sampson came over to him and spoke to him he was saying that CV had his vote for 1st team AAC if not POY - CV's game last night was clutch, determined, energized and very strong.
I thought it was great that Sampson said nice things to him. He seemed to respond really well to whatever he said. Classy.

Reaction Score
I thought JC had rules of thumb for when to go.
1) If you are a lottery lock - go right away
2) If you are a Junior and a first round lock - go
3) else play to your senior year.

Of course it all depends on the player's personal situation also.
He wanted to make sure that the player had a shot at the first round contracts.

This made sense 15 years ago but everything has changed a ton since then, unfortunately. For most kids, it's if you can be a 1st rounder and get that guaranteed contract then you go.

C

Chief00

There were 2 or 3 kids on the Houston team that the scouts came to see that, without a doubt, are more NBA ready than Bouk at this point.
Bouk is extremely talented but to start using words like great is way too early.
Last night, I really concentrated on the times that Bouk and Mills were going at each other and most all my friends around me agreed that Mills got the best of the match-up. Mills plays with so much composure and plays defense with his feet and doesn't over commit. He takes it to the hoop without hesitation. He is someone that an NBA team will take an early pick on now. Grimes is another really nice player but Mills has the bigger upside.
I think after next season, Bouk will be a 1st round and fringe lottery pick if he works on his D and becomes a bit stronger. His 3 air balls were not good but that is really an anomaly for him.
If CV didn't raise some interest among those scouts then there is no justice in this world
I have no doubt that after the game when Coach Sampson came over to him and spoke to him he was saying that CV had his vote for 1st team AAC if not POY - CV's game last night was clutch, determined, energized and very strong.
I do agree with much of what said, but Bouknight stole the eye test. Chief also knows he was already on the radar screen. The scouts go on potential not today.

Last edited by a moderator:
Reaction Score
It's OK to compliment a Hurley recruit, I know it goes against all your morals but we'll all understand if you do

Reaction Score
Drummond was a 7 foot freak of nature top 15 lock. I don't think Bouk will be coveted like that after this year. We should see him back next year and he is an immediately a candidate for the Naismith
Drummond also never heard of a guy named Chief

Reaction Score
I’m scared he’s leaving. Heard We are in with some guards that make me think we may be preparing for this.

HuskylnSC

North is a direction; South is a lifestyle
Reaction Score
What do you think about CV's night? Could he have peaked some interest as a late round pick? I think He will get some summer league offers at least.

Reaction Score
What do you think about CV's night? Could he have peaked some interest as a late round pick? I think He will get some summer league offers at least.

Yeah he'll get summer league offers. His odds of getting drafted will be close to 0. Too small, not quick enough, can't play point, too old.

I wouldn't be shocked if we look up in 5 years and he's playing crunch time minutes for an NBA team and everyone is like "How did we get here?" Not that I expect that. Those guys are few and far between, but he has the intangibles to grind it out and maximize his career. He'll need some luck.

Reaction Score
I’m scared he’s leaving. Heard We are in with some guards that make me think we may be preparing for this.
OR Hurley is just preparing for every possible scenario, which is what a responsible coach does. I say the odds of Bouk returning next season are 80-20 in our favor

Reaction Score

He said we were looking for a big guard weeks ago. Not sure if at the time it was in reference to Bouk leaving or insurance, or just a regular need (can't have too many big guards if you're going to play 3 or 4 of them).

Reaction Score
He said we were looking for a big guard weeks ago. Not sure if at the time it was in reference to Bouk leaving or insurance, or just a regular need (can't have too many big guards if you're going to play 3 or 4 of them).
Also going into the BE with only 4 guards next year is a bit light for sure.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dogsdogsdog

Top Bottom