Eleven NBA scouts in the stands. | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Eleven NBA scouts in the stands.

Reaction Score
I'm not even sure he gets drafted

Ok. 60 picks would go by without his name being called? Never happen.
I hope those 11 scouts saw things in CV that they love. Heart, leadership, respect and willingness to shoulder the load. Hope he gets a shot, he won't disappoint.

CV will earn a lot of money playing basketball. I don't see the NBA in his future though. That said, I would love to be wrong.

C

Chief00

I thought JC had rules of thumb for when to go.
1) If you are a lottery lock - go right away
2) If you are a Junior and a first round lock - go
3) else play to your senior year.

Of course it all depends on the player's personal situation also.
He wanted to make sure that the player had a shot at the first round contracts.
Generally, agree. But, Dre caught Jim by surprised when he went. Jim woukd have continued to Coach if he had stayed. I think if Jim didn’t have all the health issues that year, it may have turned out differently.

C

Chief00

Ok. 60 picks would go by without his name being called? Never happen.

Agree, the scouts aren’t stupid. He passed the eye test last night big time.
Vital helped his pro positioning and let’s give Gilbert some credit too. all three made some awesome plays. I am glad Gilbert had a wonderful senior night. I would love to see him back for one more season but understand AG going for some money.
Finally, Chief admits he underestimated Whaley, he turned into a good college player.

Last edited by a moderator:

Marat

The Champ Is Here.
Reaction Score
In my opinion, it seems Bouknight is enjoying playing at UConn and will be excited to perform in the Big East with his buddy JG. He wants to play in the NCAAs. He will be back.

Reaction Score
I hope those 11 scouts saw things in CV that they love. Heart, leadership, respect and willingness to shoulder the load. Hope he gets a shot, he won't disappoint.
CV probably won’t get drafted but he will almost certainly get a summer league invite and will likely end up in the G-league. My hope is he gets to don an NBA uni one day even if for just a game or two. Imo he’s better than two former huskies who recently played a few games in the league

Reaction Score
In my opinion, it seems Bouknight is enjoying playing at UConn and will be excited to perform in the Big East with his buddy JG. He wants to play in the NCAAs. He will be back.
Well let’s hope he doesn’t have to wait until next season to achieve that goal!

Reaction Score
Generally, agree. But, Dre caught Jim by surprised when he went. Jim woukd have continued to Coach if he had stayed. I think if Jim didn’t have all the health issues that year, it may have turned out differently.
Drummond was a 7 foot freak of nature top 15 lock. I don't think Bouk will be coveted like that after this year. We should see him back next year and he is an immediately a candidate for the Naismith

gtcam

Diehard since '65
Reaction Score
There were 2 or 3 kids on the Houston team that the scouts came to see that, without a doubt, are more NBA ready than Bouk at this point.
Bouk is extremely talented but to start using words like great is way too early.
Last night, I really concentrated on the times that Bouk and Mills were going at each other and most all my friends around me agreed that Mills got the best of the match-up. Mills plays with so much composure and plays defense with his feet and doesn't over commit. He takes it to the hoop without hesitation. He is someone that an NBA team will take an early pick on now. Grimes is another really nice player but Mills has the bigger upside.
I think after next season, Bouk will be a 1st round and fringe lottery pick if he works on his D and becomes a bit stronger. His 3 air balls were not good but that is really an anomaly for him.
If CV didn't raise some interest among those scouts then there is no justice in this world
CV is the straw that stirs the UConn drink this season.
I have no doubt that after the game when Coach Sampson came over to him and spoke to him he was saying that CV had his vote for 1st team AAC if not POY - CV's game last night was clutch, determined, energized and very strong.

Marat

The Champ Is Here.
Reaction Score
I have no doubt that after the game when Coach Sampson came over to him and spoke to him he was saying that CV had his vote for 1st team AAC if not POY - CV's game last night was clutch, determined, energized and very strong.

Coach Sampson is really a classy guy., and Houston is lucky to have him.

McLovin

Gangstas, what's up?
Reaction Score
Not sure why there are Drummond comparisons in this thread. Drummond only came to UConn because he decided that partying in Storrs for the year was better than chilling in Middletown while he waited for the draft. It was determined he was going pro after the season before he even stepped in Gampel the first time. He was a lottery pick and now one of the top 3 centers in the NBA.

Not the same situation at all with Bouk.

intlzncster

i fart in your general direction
Reaction Score
As great as Bouk is, there are still some small things he needs to improve to have an impact at the next level. Another year will do just that. I am certain all eleven scouts feel the same way. Another year of college, then the lottery.

Some? There's a ton. On the defensive side, he's still pretty rough. Shows signs he might be able to do it, but so many dumb fouls, not staying in front of his guy, not moving his feet etc

intlzncster

i fart in your general direction
Reaction Score
Not sure why there are Drummond comparisons in this thread. Drummond only came to UConn because he decided that partying in Storrs for the year was better than chilling in Middletown while he waited for the draft. It was determined he was going pro after the season before he even stepped in Gampel the first time. He was a lottery pick and now one of the top 3 centers in the NBA.

Yeah seriously, If they didn't have the 1 yr post highschool rule, Drummond was a Top 3 pick out of high school. He actually dropped in the draft due to his college play.

Bouk isn't going to the NBA this year, unless he somehow carries us to 4 wins in 4 days, and then an Elite Eight run.

Reaction Score

Not even close to a top 3 center

Reaction Score
No question, Grimes and Mills.

But Bouknight dropped some jaws last night. His body control is uncanny.
They are very good but Bouknight is a way better prospect.

Curiouser
Reaction Score
They are very good but Bouknight is a way better prospect.
Agreed. He has much better potential imo, but I agree with @gtcam that the Houston guys are more developed right now, and that Mills looked more polished in his matchups with Bouk. Mills scared me more than any of their guys.

Reaction Score
I think you guys are forgetting that Mills is a redshirt freshman....same as akok. He was allowed to practice with team. Can you guys imagine if Bouk had that same luxury?!

Reaction Score
I thought JC had rules of thumb for when to go.
1) If you are a lottery lock - go right away
2) If you are a Junior and a first round lock - go
3) else play to your senior year.

Of course it all depends on the player's personal situation also.
He wanted to make sure that the player had a shot at the first round contracts.
He also used to say that he wanted his players to be ready to contribute when they got to the NBA. The goal wasn't just to make it to the NBA, the goal was to be a major contributor so you could stay in the NBA for a long time.

Curiouser
Reaction Score
He also used to say that he wanted his players to be ready to contribute when they got to the NBA. The goal wasn't just to make it to the NBA, the goal was to be a major contributor so you could stay in the NBA for a long time.
"It's not the first contract, it's the second contract," or something like that iirc.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dogsdogsdog

Top Bottom