2021 Recruiting: - El Ellis | Page 10 | The Boneyard

2021 Recruiting: El Ellis

Status
Not open for further replies.

UconnU

Demolish the XL center.
Reaction Score
Idk what weight this holds but Ellis is live on Instagram with Jake Weingarten now... he just said he has no clue where he's going and that he's going to decide tonight. Again don't know if this is just smoke but he did say that.
lol isn’t Jake like a Louisville fan and affiliated with one of their boards?

Reaction Score
Idk what weight this holds but Ellis is live on Instagram with Jake Weingarten now... he just said he has no clue where he's going and that he's going to decide tonight. Again don't know if this is just smoke but he did say that.
Generally, recruits that set dates to commit are fibbing when they say they have no idea where they are going. Makes sense when you think about it....

Reaction Score
Generally, recruits that set dates to commit are fibbing when they say they have no idea where they are going. Makes sense when you think about it....
Ya really takes no thought at all

Reaction Score
the only place you read that was from jimhurley posting it multiple times

I’m not claiming to be some kind of insider my dude. Multiple broadcasters said it this year so I thought it was worth mentioning.

Reaction Score
Oh well. I guess I won’t need to refresh much today. I can have a productive day at work.

Reaction Score
Sounds like he is trying to get us to fall for the banana in the tailpipe.

Yeah it's the old "University of...VCU" move. Whatever happened to that guy anyway?

Reaction Score
Nothing in recent memory will be worse than kofi. Still can’t believe he chose Illinois over UConn. Lol. Comical
Cockburn had a great year so not as comical a choice as you say.

Reaction Score
My two cents..El wants PT..He's looking at roster construction to determine his next move.He's not lacking in confidence..He's enjoying the social media attention leading up to decision time..DH's recruiting offers should indicate where he sees the needs for 2021/2022 roster.. When TM is allowed to play may affect El's decision.. I see TM as a big SG or a SF/wing.. JG should be "peaking" in 2021-2022.. See El as a "nice add" to our roster..But with the pipeline DH has created for 2021/2022..Not a "have-to-have" add..

Last edited:

Pgh2Storrs

In Hurley We Trust
Reaction Score
Yeah, I think this comes down to playing time. Bouk is all but gone after this year, but then you (potentially) have RJ, Gaffney, Martin, BA, and Jackson coming back who could fill one or both guard spots. Ellis is a talented kid who likely would have slid into a big role, but it is not a clear path by any means. As much fun as I have poking fun at the University of Louisville Crime Syndicate, the whole "they dropped a bag" shtick is played out. It's never fun to lose out on a kid who the staff obviously wanted, but there are still a ton of kids out there. No need to panic

Reaction Score
If it's about PT, Louisville isn't a better spot.

In 2021, you will have breakout sophomore David Johnson playing point, plus the development of young guard Josh Nickelberry and D'Andre Davis, both top-100 recruits. In '21 they also just recently added a PG in Bobby Pettiford.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
If it's about PT, Louisville isn't a better spot.

You have breakout sophomore David Johnson playing point, with grad transfers Carlik Jones and Charles Mineland playing major in minutes too, plus young guard Josh Nickelberry and D'Andre Davis, both top-100 recruits.

Even if Mineland plays all his minutes at the 3 guard, that's 2 excellent guard options with Johnson/Jones with Davis/Nickelberry in the mix.

Jones and Minlend will be gone though, correct?

Reaction Score
Jones and Minlend will be gone though, correct?
You're totally right. For some reason my brain went to 2020, not 2021. Thanks for catching that. I edited my previous post with the corrections.

Waking up today and seeing 100% of his crystal balls, I'm ready to label this as "next...".

I do like Hunter!

Last edited:
Reaction Score
Did Zionn ever make an appearance here? Although I don't think it matters at this point.

Reaction Score
Any last minute comments from our insiders? No magic happening here? Is it like over over or just over lmaoo

Psolo12

Future Doctor of Law
Reaction Score
Had a good conversation with Mack a few days ago and he decided, sounds like what Hurley has been able to do with guys like Jackson. No shame in losing to Mack and Louisville as he is a great coach and its a great program. Still upset about it though.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sad Tiger

Top Bottom