Edwards Next Pheesa? | Page 7 | The Boneyard

Edwards Next Pheesa?

Reaction Score
I seriously doubt that she was tasted with shooting 3s, and shooting from where ever; the team had others for such purposes. Also, why would a player of her caliber be shooting 3s in HS? when she can reek havoc by doing other things. Was Pheesa a 3pt shooter at Uconn-- I think she took some her senior year but, her shooting 3s would not have helped the team??
You bring up a good point. There is a major difference putting up 3 pointers in high school versus in college when the game is on the line in front of thousands.

Carnac

That venerable sage from the west
Reaction Score
You bring up a good point. There is a major difference putting up 3 pointers in high school versus in college when the game is on the line in front of thousands.

Most incoming freshmen were the best player on their HS team. Not so on their college team, so the needs and expectations are different. We must remember, and not lose sight of the fact that what a player's high school coach needed from them may not be what their college coach needs from them.

Different plays, different system, and different expectations come into play. "Get in where you fit in" is the thought here. Some freshmen can come in and transition almost immediately and seamlessly into their new college team's system, others not so much. Some are needed (and expected) to come in and play right away because of a shortage of talent, while others have to watch and learn as they wait for their opportunity to play because they are far down on the depth chart.

Carnac

Reaction Score
Just IMHO I think by tournament time Aaliyah Edwards will be a better player than Boston!
Having watched Boston last year several times and given room for improvement this year, then watched 4 or 5+ videos of Aaliyah, I think she will be more of a threat than Boston on both ends of the court!
Just call me a wild and crazy guy!

OK "Steve Martin", I sure hope you're right. Boston taught me a lesson to NEVER assume anything a 17 year old is going to do, or appears to be leaning towards doing. From everything I was seeing and reading here in the yard, I would have bet the farm she was coming to UConn. She broke me. I don't assume anything now. I wait for the reveal.

Based on the posts and comments here, I'm drinking Edwards' kool aide. The consensus is she's the real deal.
I think she's going to start being special game #1. I hope I get the chance to see this group in person once or twice before they leave. They're going to have to come west, because right now, I can't go see them. :( I know other teams have reloaded. But I really like our chances against everyone on this year's schedule, especially the top 5 programs. I'm expecting a totally different outcome THIS time around. ;)

Last edited:
Reaction Score
The best way to improve is to play top-flight competition day in & day out, and that is what Aaliyah, Paige, et al are doing now! They'll get knocked down now but it will payoff later!
+ they're blessed with the best HC and Best Coaching Staff there is that demands everything from every player!
That's why this season is so exciting to everyone, because the new players are talented and hungry for success!

Reaction Score
OK "Steve Martin", I sure hope you're right. Boston taught me a lesson to NEVER assume anything a 17 year old is going to do, or appears to be leaning towards doing. From everything I was seeing and reading here in the yard, I would have bet the farm she was coming to UConn. She broke me. I don't assume anything now. I wait for the reveal.

Based on the posts and comments here, I'm drinking Edwards' kool aide. The consensus is she's the real deal.
I think she's going to start being special game #1. I hope I get the chance to see this group in person once or twice before they leave. They're going to have to come west, because right now, I can't go see them. :( I know other teams have reloaded. But I really like our chances against everyone on this year's schedule, especially the top 5 programs. I'm expecting a totally different outcome THIS time around. ;)
Do not believe everything you see and read here in the yard particularly about recruiting since No One who posts here has anything but opinion relating to that topic as Boston has proved to all of us. However I have it on good authority that fill in the blank will be coming to Uconn in 2022.

Reaction Score
One of the biggest assets that Phee brought to the team was her demeanor. She never seemed to let the stage/situation affect her performance. With our team being pretty young this year, this sort of characteristic would be a very welcome addition.
Let's not go overboard, yet, folks. It is a great compliment to be compared to Pheesa, but that doesn't assure it is accurate. In any case, each player is their own self. And will develop as such. But one can only feel good if people see similar strengths in the two players.

Reaction Score
Let's not go overboard, yet, folks. It is a great compliment to be compared to Pheesa, but that doesn't assure it is accurate. In any case, each player is their own self. And will develop as such. But one can only feel good if people see similar strengths in the two players.
Agreed, but it is far more significant and encouraging than if "people" see similarities, because this is the most important person to make that comparison, and the one in the best position to know, namely Geno.

eebmg

Fair and Balanced
Reaction Score
Nice recap by Pheesa on her tough struggles Freshman Year. Alerted via Dave Connolly's WBB Blog

We sometimes forget that the UConn system itself is a challenge on top of the physical challenges and each players works their way through it in their own way.

Carnac

Reaction Score
Do not believe everything you see and read here in the yard particularly about recruiting since No One who posts here has anything but opinion relating to that topic as Boston has proved to all of us. However I have it on good authority that fill in the blank will be coming to Uconn in 2022.

I've been a regular here in the BY for 5 years. Some good and accurate information can be gleaned here. There are folks here that are close to the program, and have posted comments that was later proven to be true and accurate. None of this info was secret or confidential, but it was not made public yet. If you spend any time here, you learn whose posts to trust and whose not to. There are 4 in particular here now whose post I know I can take to the bank.

I miss a former poster that was a wealth of information, BAGS27. He stopped posting several years ago. He posted a somewhat bitter farewell to the yard before he left, and hasn't posted since. :( I always enjoyed reading his posts.

I'm out here on the west coast. We don't get any information about UConn WBB here. I have to rely on the BY for my daily "fix" of UConn news and the latest program developments. I remember what Will Rogers said: "All I know is what I read in the newspapers". Substitute "boneyard" for newspapers, and that's me. We also have some very knowledgeable basketball fans here supporting UConn as well as other teams. They also add a lot of accurate and current WCBB news to the yard.

Some UConn fans here have a 180 degree view of the WCBB landscape, we know who they are. Some of us have tunnel vision, and focus solely on UConn (we have no interest in any other program). I've been here long enough to know whose post to hang my hat on and who is just whistling in the wind. ;)

Thanks for the heads up.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
I've been a regular here in the BY for 5 years. Some good and accurate information can be gleaned here. There are folks here that are close to the program, and have posted comments that was later proven to be true and accurate. None of this info was secret or confidential, but it was not made public yet. If you spend any time here, you learn whose posts to trust and whose not to. There are 4 in particular here now whose post I know I can take to the bank.

I miss a former poster that was a wealth of information, BAGS27. He stopped posting several years ago. He posted a somewhat bitter farewell to the yard before he left, and hasn't posted since. :( I always enjoyed reading his posts.

I'm out here on the west coast. We don't get any information about UConn WBB here. I have to rely on the BY for my daily "fix" of UConn news and the latest program developments. I remember what Will Rogers said: "All I know is what I read in the newspapers". Substitute "boneyard" for newspapers, and that's me. We also have some very knowledgeable basketball fans here supporting UConn as well as other teams. They also add a lot to the yard.

Some UConn fans here have a 180 degree view of the WCBB landscape, while some of us have tunnel vision, and focus solely on UConn (we have no interest in any other program). I've been here long enough to know whose post to hang my hat on and who is just whistling in the wind. ;)
I respect your opinion and your knowledge of the Boneyard which exceeds mine but to quote a famous Boneyard poster named Fox M.; TRUST NO ONE..

Carnac

Reaction Score
I respect your opinion and your knowledge of the Boneyard which exceeds mine but to quote a famous Boneyard poster named Fox M.; TRUST NO ONE..

Sometimes, that's great advice. ;)

Reaction Score
Agreed, but it is far more significant and encouraging than if "people" see similarities, because this is the most important person to make that comparison, and the one in the best position to know, namely Geno.
Geno is actually sounding far more upbeat and revealing than I am used to. Usually, he flatters not at this point of the year.

SVCBeercats

Meglepetés Előadó
Reaction Score
In order to succeed you have to trust yourself.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
leepaul

Top Bottom