Edsall confident UConn football program heading in right direction (Gavin Keefe @ The Day) | Page 6 | The Boneyard

Edsall confident UConn football program heading in right direction (Gavin Keefe @ The Day)

Reaction Score
If you know so much, make a prediction for the upcoming season. Will they lose every game this season? Do they win 3? 4? 5?
Get off your soap box and put your money where your mouth is.
You do not have to know very much, you just have to have your eyes open. You have to have seen OTHER P5 programs and played about 2 downs of college football.
I will cut to the chase
Best case- 3 wins
That's no injuries, a competent QB and a tighter defense.
Ws vs Wagner, UMass and God only knows who else..but I'm hoping for a third.
Realistically - 2 wins.

Reaction Score
I think they will win six games and we make it to a bowl game.
Hope HCRE2.0 can keep his eye discipline and execute on your forecast.
Can kind of agree if you say HCRE2.0 will have 6 wins cumulative by the end of 2019 and the team will make time to watch bowl games together on TV as team building events.
One think I'm sure of, when he makes a mistake on picking a starting QB it won't be Marvin Washington.

Reaction Score
Hope HCRE2.0 can keep his eye discipline and execute on your forecast.
Can kind of agree if you say HCRE2.0 will have 6 wins cumulative by the end of 2019 and the team will make time to watch bowl games together on TV as team building events.
One think I'm sure of, when he makes a mistake on picking a starting QB it won't be Marvin Washington.
I don’t know about that. As many chances as he’s given that guy I wouldn’t be surprised to see him back.

Reaction Score
If you know so much, make a prediction for the upcoming season. Will they lose every game this season? Do they win 3? 4? 5?
Get off your soap box and put your money where your mouth is.

What in the hell are you talking about, the guy is stating the knowns - he's not saying "here's X info from inside the program" or "here's y tidbit on recruiting" - he's saying it's harder this time for a variety of factors and he is not wrong.

I don't put it past RE to lose every game this season - will they, no, but goodness I don't see how he's evolved his thinking from where it was during his first stint and that's not good.

I could outline examples of this in recruiting and O/D philosophy, but we all know them already.

Reaction Score
What in the hell are you talking about, the guy is stating the knowns - he's not saying "here's X info from inside the program" or "here's y tidbit on recruiting" - he's saying it's harder this time for a variety of factors and he is not wrong.

I don't put it past RE to lose every game this season - will they, no, but goodness I don't see how he's evolved his thinking from where it was during his first stint and that's not good.

I could outline examples of this in recruiting and O/D philosophy, but we all know them already.
GFY DS!!! If a poster can't make a prediction on wins next year after ripping the program up in 1000 words of gloom and doom, then expect some criticism on a football fan forum. To his credit he did reply and did make a prediction without any antagonistic BS.

That's what I'm talking about. Ok A Whole?

Last edited:
Reaction Score
Headed in the right direction could mean he expects to win 2 games this year

#1 PA Husky Fan

Diehard Fan of All UConn Sports Teams!
Reaction Score
This is only slightly better than Ater Majok crushing it against chairs.

RE biggest problem is RE - the guy is seemingly unable to own his role in the on-field product. It's mind-boggling really.

I actually chuckle every time I think about RE trying to recruit against Franklin at PSU and it has nothing to do with football tradition. Franklin is dynamic, has energy and is entertaining as hell - RE reminds me of some guy who cuts his lawn with his black socks and sandals and gives out fruit for halloween because it's better for the kids.
My wife and I are UConn grads, but my kids went to Penn State because we moved to PA in 2003. Look at how many transfers PSU had this year. Mr. Dynamic may be overselling. How hard do you think it is to sell Penn State football. It has everything to do with the tradition and 100K+ fans in the stadium! Not “apples to apples”.

Reaction Score
My wife and I are UConn grads, but my kids went to Penn State because we moved to PA in 2003. Look at how many transfers PSU had this year. Mr. Dynamic may be overselling. How hard do you think it is to sell Penn State football. It has everything to do with the tradition and 100K+ fans in the stadium! Not “apples to apples”.

Of course its not apples to apples - but if you've ever spent anytime around Franklin you will understand why i say there’s a big difference perceptually and in teality. Trust me its not just Edsall its many coaches - I watched Narduzzi and Franklin next to one another one day with a slew of HS coaches and their respective talks and it was night and day and i am NO fan of PSU.

I simply mentioned Franklin because there was a list in somewhere in this thread if i recall correctly that showed who we were recruiting against for some recent kids and PSU was one of those schools. Since I have personal experience with Franklin the difference betweem them strick me as funny.

I think the majority of the psu transfers like amy schools are going to “lesser” programs (my assumption as ice not looked at the portal very closely) and who would blame kids. Why get your ass beaten for 4-5 years on the practice field and never see meaningful time - go down a step or go to a less competitive FBS school where youv’e got an honest shot to play and not just be a practice dummy.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sad Tiger

Top Bottom