Edsall confident UConn football program heading in right direction (Gavin Keefe @ The Day) | The Boneyard

Edsall confident UConn football program heading in right direction (Gavin Keefe @ The Day)

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
"You just worry about what you can control. I can't change the whole roster overnight. If I could, I would."

Ouch.

Reaction Score
Hard not to be heading in the right direction after last year. Not much room on the downside. Can't win less than 0 FCS games, can't be any worse than the worse defensive team in FCS history.

Reaction Score
"... Everybody thought this was easy what we did before. It was a lot of hard work. Then what happened, nobody did what they were supposed to do maintain it or make it grow. And then it went down. Now we've got to go back and do all the heavy lifting again to get back to where we were before. That's what people don't understand."

This I agree with.

The outstanding question is ... can he replicate the heavy lifting he performed as a younger man. And post-Maryland, you wonder if he’s wobbly from too many punches. Signs? It’s still May. I like Spanos hire & I believe the story on a bunch of key kids - particularly Defensive side. But there’s a lot of layers & details to be a good Product. We all know this.

Reaction Score
"You just worry about what you can control. I can't change the whole roster overnight. If I could, I would."

Ouch.

I wish Edsall would refrain from publicly making comments like this. What good does it do? Is it supposed to buy him patience from the fan base or media? All it does is make the kids on the team look bad. If you want to gain some understanding from your fan base, quit blaming the players, the majority of which you had a hand in recruiting, and actually coach them up. You almost lost to Rhode Island Randy. Would you like to know how many FBS Players were on that team? The answer is zero. Zero FBS Players.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
"... Everybody thought this was easy what we did before. It was a lot of hard work. Then what happened, nobody did what they were supposed to do maintain it or make it grow. And then it went down. Now we've got to go back and do all the heavy lifting again to get back to where we were before. That's what people don't understand."

This I agree with.

The outstanding question is ... can he replicate the heavy lifting he performed as a younger man. And post-Maryland, you wonder if he’s wobbly from too many punches. Signs? It’s still May. I like Spanos hire & I believe the story on a bunch of key kids - particularly Defensive side. But there’s a lot of layers & details to be a good Product. We all know this.
How does he not understand that his leaving was the first domino to fall? Basically he is blaming the drop off on others when the need for the "others" was a direct result of Randy's actions. Stupid.

Reaction Score
I guess I agree

He stumbles often in public comments.

Reaction Score
I wish Edsall would refrain from publicly making comments like this. What good does it do? Is it supposed to buy him patience from the fan base or media? All it does is make the kids on the team look bad. If you want to gain some understanding from your fan base, quit blaming the players, the majority of which you had a hand in recruiting, and actually coach them up. You almost lost to Rhode Island Randy. Would you like to know how many FBS Players were on that team? The answer is zero. Zero FBS Players.

Actually they had 6. About the same amount Diaco recruited in his time here.

Reaction Score

Let him make these comments and light a fire under these kids. If they don’t like it this ain’t the sport for them. And to be honest a lot of the upper classmen last yr should have never been on an fbs team. Same goes for a decent amount of the seniors and juniors this yr

gtcam

Diehard since '65
Reaction Score
Here's an idea.

Try to win. That's your job.

sometimes folks post things because they are bored, looking for a laugh or a like or maybe just had a brain fart

Reaction Score
Quite frankly what I think he means by this is he would love to have these youngsters become seniors and red shirt seniors right away. I think he believes in his recruits he just knows they won’t be entirely productive until they develop more.

Reaction Score
How does he not understand that his leaving was the first domino to fall? Basically he is blaming the drop off on others when the need for the "others" was a direct result of Randy's actions. Stupid.
Totally agree here

Dream Jobbed 2.0

“Most definitely”
Reaction Score
Hard not to be heading in the right direction after last year. Not much room on the downside. Can't win less than 0 FCS games, can't be any worse than the worse defensive team in FCS history.
*fbs

Reaction Score
Actually the first domino was the lawsuit filed in Rockville

CL82

Reaction Score
Boy good thing you are here to suggest he do this.
If only he'd done it sooner. It could have saved us last season.

CL82

Reaction Score
Yeah, I don't know. You aren't obligated to coach at one school for life. Sure the way he left was tacky, but I don't think you can blame him for Red Pants and Idiot Twins. FWIW a lot of us, me included thought REv1 had taken us as far as he could and were ready for a change. We got one, just not the one we were hoping for.

Reaction Score
Here's an idea.

Try to win. That's your job.

sometimes folks post things because they are bored, looking for a laugh or a like or maybe just had a brain fart
Have you been around the program? All the coaches talk about changing the culture. Or they re-paint the facility. They talk about bringing in their kind of guys. They play lots underclassmen to season them rather than playing the best players.

What did Rich Rodriguez do when he inherited an offense that could NOT make a first down? -- He didn't re-paint the facility or change the culture or play the young guys. He invented an offense that allowed the players he had to get first downs. It was called the spread. He put on his coaching hat and figured out a way to make his players successful.

HE TRIED TO WIN. Compare and contrast that with P and D and Edsall 2.0. Capisce?

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
UChuskman

Top Bottom