Ed Cooley to Georgetown | Page 25 | The Boneyard

Ed Cooley to Georgetown

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
I feel badly/sad for them but the Providence board is hilarious. They went from talking about Billy Donovan, Brad Stevens, and Rick Pitino as their next coach to Kim English and God Shammgod as their next coach.

Someone started a thread about where is Val Ackerman, like she was going to stop this from happening.
The only positive is after all the dust settles it will be good for our new TV contract.

Reaction Score
You'll probably see some movement, at the end of the day it's the kid's decision. Georgetown's roster needs some help if Cooley is going to turn things around next year. Kids usually go to a school like Providence to play for the coach, not the school, even though PC is a good school. I'd guess one or two kids move.
The betrayal will hurt big time :(

Reaction Score
I suspect there were several issues that entered into the decision with the Thompson legacy comments bring the easiest to sell without causing even more pain and hate. At least Hurley is no longer the most hated coach.

Reaction Score
Danny Devito Smh GIF
We don’t have the minutes available

Reaction Score
No taking him back, even before this week. Own your choices.
I like him and he will be a good 4 year player. We’re thinking high 4 star and 5 star now plus no minutes available.

Reaction Score
There a ton of posts from me about why I didn't think this would happen. End of the day it seems to be $ + a guy (and especially his wife) who have been in one place too long. Would be fine if he wasn't blowing smoke at everyone for the last few years. For everyone talking about chasing the spotlight, he will be vastly more anonymous in DC.
I have ZERO clue but suspect his wife had a big part in this decision??

Reaction Score
Goodman says all the talk about Providence and NIL is baloney, they have competitive NIL.

Reaction Score
Georgetown might be pretty good pretty quickly. Primo, Heath, Murray stay plus bring in Bynum, Breed, Carter, Hopkins, Lampkin, Dual

Reaction Score
He also said Cooley wouldn’t leave Providence for Georgetown
I think he talked about Cooley and Georgetown before anyone but he thought Cooley would get cold feet at the last second and stay in Providence.

Reaction Score
He was as successful as he was precisely because he not just talked the big game but sold it. Is he supposed to be less successful as a coach by not trying to sell everyone that he thinks he's in the best job in the world? No. He's supposed to use all his weapons to do his job as long as he has it, but no longer.

People get what they deserve if they believe a college coach any more than they would believe a politician.
It is amazing how naive people are totally agree!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WillngtnOak

Top Bottom