Ed Cooley to Georgetown | Page 27 | The Boneyard

Ed Cooley to Georgetown

Status
Not open for further replies.

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
I know the backstory, or at least the one that is starting to circulate, it doesn’t change the way he handled leaving. That said, yours is the right attitude to have. I look forward to see who his replacement is. PC has a history of identifying and hiring some pretty good coaches.

Reaction Score
I still can't get over the fact that all of this drama is about Ed Cooley. Ed Cooley.

He's...fine? Above replacement level, though not dramatically so. I understand the added element of him being totally full of crap. That, to borrow from Hitchens, if you gave him an enema he could be buried in a matchbox.

But it's just Ed Cooley. Ed Cooley!

Reaction Score
Ed Cooley on Twitter: "FRIARTOWN! What a ride this has been. We created something so special for this school and this city when no one believed we could. From 2011-2023 we turned this program into one of the most special men’s basketball programs in the country." / Twitter

Reaction Score
Ed Cooley on Twitter: "FRIARTOWN! What a ride this has been. We created something so special for this school and this city when no one believed we could. From 2011-2023 we turned this program into one of the most special men’s basketball programs in the country." / Twitter

Fox Tv Popcorn GIF by The Four

Reaction Score

Gotta respect the grift here. Just leaning right into it.

HuskyWarrior611

Mid range white knight
Reaction Score
All this anger from Providence fans against a coach that made them relevant for the first time in YEARS is hilarious.

They should be thanking the man. He left the place so much better than he found it and made it attractive for another coach to want to try their hand at because of the upgrades he pushed for. They were literally irrelevant laughing stocks before he came.

Inyatkin

Stairway to Seven
Reaction Score
I still can't get over the fact that all of this drama is about Ed Cooley. Ed Cooley.

He's...fine? Above replacement level, though not dramatically so. I understand the added element of him being totally full of crap. That, to borrow from Hitchens, if you gave him an enema he could be buried in a matchbox.

But it's just Ed Cooley. Ed Cooley!
He's a good coach. They're a tough team. But they were never national contenders, or ever really close to it. Maybe last year? But once in 12 years is pretty thin to make him worth fighting a war over.

August_West

Universal remote, put it down on docking station.
Reaction Score
He's very quickly revealing himself to be Clay Davis.

that is a GREAT analogy.

He is.

I shifted my beliefs during this whole kerfuffle where at the end if I wanted to wish for Providence to have a tough future then I would root for Ed Cooley to STAY there much like I never wanted Boeheim to leave Syracuse. Because this dude really showed that he is not the man he presented himself as, and I think Georgetown just made a pretty big blunder.

Reaction Score
PC has won 3 tournament games in the cooley era ('11-'23)

There is a good chance that the next coach is just as good, or better.

The media loved cooley for whatever reason, but his actual coaching record didn't match the hype. It's like if Herb Sendek left....i guess it sucks, but not that much.

If i was PC, i wouldnt be nearly as upset as they seem to be.

Also, it looks like Gtown just hired a 6 million dollar Herb Sendek. Oof

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SeaDr