Ed Cooley to Georgetown | Page 22 | The Boneyard

Ed Cooley to Georgetown

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Never understood the love affair many on this board had for this guy.

He had the nerve to attack JC for helping out Ollie on his NC run, accusing him of trying to steal all the credit.

Then he poached 2 of our players.

People here were still calling him a great guy a week ago

TRest

Horrible
Reaction Score
Anyone feeling sympathetic towards PC fans just take few minutes and read one of their UConn threads on the Richard Coren friends and neighbors site. They (including our pal FJ) hate us with their entire beings and would be laughing their asses off if the same thing happened here.

Reaction Score
It's low class on so many levels. The whole speaking to the media last night from his DC hotel room while wearing Friars gear and saying Providence will always be his dream job was the final knife turn. Everything was handled so badly on his part that it makes me wonder if this was some sort of vindictive payback. He's a savvy guy, it doesn't make sense for him to damage Providence like this. The school and fanbase don't deserve this.

Offer Chris Mack what you were going to offer Ed and I highly doubt he turns it down.

Reaction Score
Leaving is one thing. Leaving but staying in the conference? That's not a good look, especially after he's filming the us, we, me, you videos or what they're called.

Also, this looks like it's been done for a month which seems to coincide with him checking out of the season....just an awful look.
Honestly I'd be interested to hear from players or assistant coaches if they felt like Cooley was kind of done 3 weeks ago. They sure played that way.

Reaction Score
Even Watson's dad feels bamboozled. Lol This was handled as poorly as can be. It's not that he's leaving. It's the way he did it. Comes off as a real phoney.
I don’t care too much to speculate on this, but I kind of wonder why a current staff member would lie to a recent alumni player’s father about this. A key member of the S16 run at that

Unless the staff member really thought Cooley was staying and is as equally surprised as Watson’s dad?

Really bad look all around..

FfldCntyFan

Texas: Property of UConn Men's Basketball program
Reaction Score
Anyone feeling sympathetic towards PC fans just take few minutes and read one of their UConn threads on the Richard Coren friends and neighbors site. They (including our pal FJ) hate us with their entire beings and would be laughing their asses off if the same thing happened here.
This is very likely true but there is a tremendous difference.

Last year, with a sweet sixteen run, they basically reached their ceiling.

This year, with a sweet sixteen run (and possibly more) we've reached the starting point of far better things to come.

storrsroars

Exiled in Pittsburgh
Reaction Score
the DMV is one of the best recruiting areas in the country and cooley wont have to directly compete with us for any decent new england kids.
Our DMV is filled with a lot of retirees and other people you don't want to be driving around.

Reaction Score
I don’t care too much to speculate on this, but I kind of wonder why a current staff member would lie to a recent alumni player’s father about this. A key member of the S16 run at that

Unless the staff member really thought Cooley was staying and is as equally surprised as Watson’s dad?

Really bad look all around..
That's a possibility or maybe the staff member is going with Cooley to GTown and needs to stay loyal. Who knows. All speculation. What a wacky situation all around.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dogsdogsdog

Top Bottom