East Carolina OOC Schedule | Page 5 | The Boneyard

East Carolina OOC Schedule

Status
Not open for further replies.

ECU

Reaction Score
We’ve seen a lot of P5 transfers roll through our football program. Typically you see quickly why they drop down a peg.

Basketball recruiting accuracy is a better than football recruiting. Typically if you get a player transfering down from somewhere like Virginia Tech to ECU at least he's probably going to be pretty good for us. LeDay was very good last year for example when he wasn't in Dooley's doghouse. Another thing is guys like LeDay, Jackson, and Baruiti all went to high level JUCO's after they were at Virginia Tech and Washington and performed well there as well. There have been some reports Baruiti is outplaying Gardner in practices.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
Eastern Carolina......lmaoo. I didn’t know they had a D1 basketball program until they joined the AAC. I can’t wait to go back to not knowing they exist. We’re talking about ECU!(I’m my AI practice voice)lmao

MattMang23

Adding Nothing to the Conversation
Reaction Score
Eastern Carolina.lmaoo. I didn’t know they had a D1 basketball program until they joined the AAC. I can’t wait to go back to not knowing they exist. We’re talking about ECU!(I’m my AI practice voice)lmao

They do! Very prestigious program, in fact. They once almost had David West play for them and they boast household names Blue Edwards, Jonathan Kerner and Oliver Mack (not to be confused with Husky alum Oliver Macklin) among their most successful alumni.

Last edited:

ECU

Reaction Score
They do! Very prestigious program, in fact. They once almost had David West play for them and they boast household names Blue Edwards and Jonathan Kerner among their most successful alumni.

Mentioning D. West seems relevant because it's the same head coach we have now. I was just giving some context about how he was fired. Kerner (who played a little in the NBA) was actually injuried his senior year or Dooley would have won the CAA that year. That was a good team that got shafted out of an NIT regardless that beat a top 15 St Joe's that went to the Sweet 16. It's just another example of the poor injury luck he had.

ECU

Reaction Score
Eastern Carolina.lmaoo. I didn’t know they had a D1 basketball program until they joined the AAC. I can’t wait to go back to not knowing they exist. We’re talking about ECU!(I’m my AI practice voice)lmao

We'll that reward does come at a great cost to your football program. I think our basketball has potiental much like your football program did. The fact is your football team had already done some noteworthy things so giving up on it has to stink on some level as a fan. It's not exactly all roses and candy I bet.

As bad as we've been in basketball the 25 years I watched I'm still very hopeful we can turn it around at least and I think we have the people in place to do it now. Your football however is going to be kind of hard to do from the FCS if McMurhpy is right about that being where you are heading.

Reaction Score
We'll that reward does come at a great cost to your football program. I think our basketball has potiental much like your football program did. The fact is your football team had already done some noteworthy things so giving up on it has to stink on some level as a fan. It's not exactly all roses and candy I bet.

As bad as we've been in basketball the 25 years I watched I'm still very hopeful we can turn it around at least and I think we have the people in place to do it now. Your football however is going to be kind of hard to do from the FCS if McMurhpy is right about that being where you are heading.
I don’t give a damn. I want the football team to do well, but if they don’t I don’t lose sleep

Reaction Score
Regardless I'll gladly take a 7 footer that's 255lb built like Dwight Howard hitting step back NBA 3's and with multiple 5+ three point games and that has to jump about 6 inches to dunk the ball with his 7-5 wingspan. These guys don't grow on trees and there is a reason 20+ P5 schools offered him.

We've never had a 7 footer like this.

js-VE4.gif

Dude can hit 6+ threes in a game like this , multiple times. You space him out and give Gardner room to work in the paint and we are on to something. That's a serious 1/2 combo for the next 3 years.

That stroke is absolutely awful. You think the coach is even going to let him attempt anymore of those in real games?

ECU

Reaction Score
That stroke is absolutely awful. You think the coach is even going to let him attempt anymore of those in real games?

Seriously? Who cares what it looks like if it goes in. Yes I absolutely think he will have the greenlight to shoot 3's. He made like 50 3's on his highlight video's and many were of the difficult variety NBA range off the dribble, stepback, side step etc. He showed a lot of versatility in his jumper.

0qm-6V.gif

Someone told him to let it fly even when he could just dominate around the basket while barely jumping.

2uXkJV.gif

He's a high level prospect and he fits perfectly with Gardner who can use the space under the basket.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
Seriously? Who cares what it looks like if it goes in. Yes I absolutely think he will have the greenlight to shoot 3's. He made like 50 3's on his highlight video's and many were of the difficult variety NBA range off the dribble, stepback, side step etc.

0qm-6V.gif

Multiple games he was dropping 5+ threes so someone told him to let it fly even when he could just dominate around the basket while barely jumping.

2uXkJV.gif

He's a high level prospect and he fits perfectly with Gardner who can use the space under the basket.
Lol yea, dominate 6'2" kids around the basket, definitely will be able to do that in the college game! Him bullying #0 in the bottom video was my favorite highlight!

ECU

Reaction Score
Lol yea, dominate 6'2" kids around the basket, definitely will be able to do that in the college game! Him bullying #0 in the bottom video was my favorite highlight!

There are 10 minutes of highlights from AAU, with plenty of big guys he was sticking it too as well. I just thought that camera angle really showed how and long massive he is. If he's under the basket he's probably going to dunk on most players or shooting an open 3's these aren't shots he wont be able to get at this level.

He's not a great athlete but he is highly skilled for a guy with that size.

G0UcZp.gif

Here is is putting it on the floor here and shaking here on another big guy. There is a lot to work with.

Last edited:

kobe

Power Conference Enjoyer (Big 12)
Reaction Score
dude give a rest ffs. no one has time or energy to argue with some random ecu fan about some random recruit. take a hint buddy.

ECU

Reaction Score
dude give a rest ffs. no one has time or energy to argue with some random ecu fan about some random recruit. take a hint buddy.

I didn't start this thread, and I'm just pointing out things are improving. I think you got to give us that. Also this rando recruit has multiple threads on this board including this 4 page one.

Lets not pretend like he wasn't of interest to you guys.

Also I'm confused, are you a Cincy fan with at Cronin Avatar. If so Cincy wanted him too so the points the same.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
Blue Edwards was a high round draft pick but didn't pan out. Jeff Blake was a great college player with a pretty good NFL career. No reason to trash other programs though.

But damn, that OOC conference schedule is ugly and should be fined and docked scholarships for that hot mess. Why even bother recruiting top talent if you are going to have a schedule like that?

Last edited:
Reaction Score
"Seriously? Who cares what it looks like if it goes in. Yes I absolutely think he will have the greenlight to shoot 3's. He made like 50 3's on his highlight video's and many were of the difficult variety NBA range off the dribble, stepback, side step etc. He showed a lot of versatility in his jumper. "

You can't honestly be this naive. He makes his shots in a highlight video!? Will wonders never cease? His shot looks horrible and keep in mind you're not seeing the multitude of bricks lying on the editing room floor. Opposing coaches will be more than happy to give him space to fire away.

Its great that you're hopeful for your team. I'll suggest that your time and thoughts would be better spent on an ECU board somewhere if one exists. You've said your piece, many times, and aren't going to find any converts here. Enough already please.

ECU

Reaction Score
You can't honestly be this naive. He makes his shots in a highlight video!? Will wonders never cease? His shot looks horrible and keep in mind you're not seeing the multitude of bricks lying on the editing room floor. Opposing coaches will be more than happy to give him space to fire away.

Where is your proof, do you have his percentages available? I don't so I can only go on what is known. For all you know he could be a 40+% shooter.

What is known is he hit's about 50 three's on his video including 5+ in multiple single games. He hits some difficult ones to pull off as well, off the dribble, step back etc. To do this one would HAVE to assume he is making them at a decent clip to have the freedom from his coach to put up this volume or even the difficulty of some of those shots.

To think otherwise is pretty naive and with the information we do have this is just simple logic. Also a ripped 7-0 255lb with a 7-5 wingsan guy making 6 three's in a game alone is something of note. There is clearly some upside as a shooter you can ascertain from that fact alone.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
We also demoted a guy that coached at South Carolina and Auburn to make a position for him .
I think it's more than just Coleman. It's not like Coleman was living on his couch, I read Coleman came from a good family situation. That coach has a resume that's totally fine for our 3rd assistant and I'm glad we got some young blood AAU guy on the staff. He founded his own AAU team with 14 D1 scholarship guys. Plus he was at Providence when they won the Big East last. It's not like he was driving delivery trucks. Grassroots AAU guy right there in your backyard. It's a great staff now with some big time AAU connections. How is that bad.
Not trying to knock the guy, but you're building him up way too much. From what I can tell, yeah, his AAU program was sending guys to D1, but to schools like Murray State, Monmouth, New Hampshire, etc. And when he was with Providence, sure, he was there when they won the BET, but he was a graduate assistant responsible for tutoring the players lol

MattMang23

Adding Nothing to the Conversation
Reaction Score
Blue Edwards was a high round draft pick but didn't pan out. Jeff Blake was a great college player with a pretty good NFL career. No reason to trash other programs though.

Smack talk is a part of sports. If I go to an ECU board, I fully expect them to tell me UConn football isn’t good. We have spent the last five years smack talking ECU hoops before we knew they had a fan. He shows up and we are supposed to pretend like their basketball team isn’t an historical train wreck because he came to our board?

ECU

Reaction Score
Not trying to knock the guy, but you're building him up way too much. From what I can tell, yeah, his AAU program was sending guys to D1, but to schools like Murray State, Monmouth, New Hampshire, etc. And when he was with Providence, sure, he was there when they won the BET, but he was a graduate assistant responsible for tutoring the players lol

My point was his resume is completely reasonable to be our 3rd assistant, wouldn't you agree? He took JFK's high school to there first playoffs ever and had 4 D1 players on his HS team as well. Took them to 4 playoffs in 5 years infact so he was a successful HS coach too.

Regardless of where his players went he has deep AAU ties and likely relationships with those other coaches on one of the best AAU circuts and that's the important part. Dooley, Chillious and Roccforte are great but our staff could use some younger blood and ins in the AAU scene. This is a serious staff and we didn't even lose Potasnak.

pepband99

Resident TV nerd
Reaction Score
I didn't start this thread, and I'm just pointing out things are improving. I think you got to give us that. Also this rando recruit has multiple threads on this board including this 4 page one.

Lets not pretend like he wasn't of interest to you guys.

Also I'm confused, are you a Cincy fan with at Cronin Avatar. If so Cincy wanted him too so the points the same.

No, things pertaining to the thread aren't improving. We're talking about your OOC scheduling, which is one of the worst in D1. You're blabbing on about recruiting and coaches.

intlzncster

i fart in your general direction
Reaction Score
Not trying to knock the guy, but you're building him up way too much.
Dude can hit 6+ threes in a game like this , multiple times.

Lol. Ray Allen couldn't do that.

Nice player, but this guy is not the second coming of KD.

You space him out and give Gardner room to work in the paint and we are on to something. That's a serious 1/2 combo for the next 3 years.

If he's remotely close to what you say he is, there's a 100% zero chance he's still there in three years. He'd be gone after this year. Not even a discussion.

ECU

Reaction Score
No, things pertaining to the thread aren't improving. We're talking about your OOC scheduling, which is one of the worst in D1. You're blabbing on about recruiting and coaches.

So you are just discounting the importance of wins and margin of victory in the NET calculations? It's a schedule we could theoretically go undefeated against and mitigate much of the damage. I'm telling you we actually probably should be favored in all the games.

Last edited:

ECU

Reaction Score
Lol. Ray Allen couldn't do that.

Nice player, but this guy is not the second coming of KD.

I think you guys like to make up things I haven't said. Honestly I'm not sure he even starts next year. He's got two other JUCO 7 footers to compete with.

If he's remotely close to what you say he is, there's a 100% zero chance he's still there in three years. He'd be gone after this year. Not even a discussion.

Like Gardner?

Why would Coleman leave. He literally decommitted from Wake to sign with us. He doesn't have to be here now. He had offers from Duke, UConn, Pitt, Cincy, LSU, Oklahoma, Georgia etc. Plenty of other options if he wanted them.

Last edited:

intlzncster

i fart in your general direction
Reaction Score
I think you guys like to make up things I haven't said. Honestly I'm not sure he even starts next year. He's got two other JUCO 7 footers to compete with.

I just quoted your post man.

Why would Coleman leave. He literally decommitted from Wake to sign with us. He doesn't have to be here now. He had offers from Duke, UConn, Pitt, Cincy, LSU, Oklahoma, Georgia etc. Plenty of other options if he wanted them.

"Gone" as in gone to the NBA.

Like Gardner?

Gardner wasn't getting NBA looks last year. Was he in any mock drafts?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sad Tiger

Top Bottom