Duke vs UK | The Boneyard

Duke vs UK

Status
Not open for further replies.

easttexastrash

Stay Classy!
Reaction Score
The announcer said JPM is one of the "all-time greats." What could he be basing that on?

EricLA

Cronus
Reaction Score
This is a game I really expect Duke to win easily. I know that seems not to make sense, but I don't think Kentucky is as good as people seem to think. If Duke can get their heads back on straight after getting thumped by UCONN, this is a game I think may be close early but Duke wins going away.

RockyMTblue2

Don't Look Up!
Reaction Score
I really thought Kentucky would be better than I am seeing. If they aren't running, they aren't scoring. Same old same old. O'Neill is a terrific player and you would think they could build a half court game around her.

Great crowd for this game. Love it.

Reaction Score
3/4 of the way through the game and Duke's bench has 2 points. And they're winning !!

HuskyNan

You Know Who
Reaction Score
The announcer said JPM is one of the "all-time greats." What could he be basing that on?
Her career record as head coach at Maine, Michigan State, as coach of the gold medal winning U20 team, and 183-36 record at Duke?

I don't get the sneering attitude towards Mccallie. No, she hasn't beaten UConn but neither have a lot of good coaches.

EricLA

Cronus
Reaction Score
Well, Kentucky got it to within 4. Do they have another run left in them?

HuskyFan1125

"Dont be the same, be better"
Reaction Score
This is by no means a blow out.

This game is exciting to watch.

Duke is good but I am giving my hats off to Kentucky. Great crowd and they are playing hard. This team is playing without its leading scorer Stallworth in the paint which is where they are losing this game. That and a combination of missed shots and foul shooting percentage.

With all that said, based on this game, I think "could" be a FF contender depending on their bracket. They will get better and dangerous.

Reaction Score
Duke is poorly coached, you are up 8, your point guard drives into the lane, and instead of shooting throws the ball away.

RockyMTblue2

Don't Look Up!
Reaction Score
A great crowd deserved a more skillfully played contest. There was just a lot of poor execution here for a (still) #2 and a #5.

Wbbfan1

And That’s The Way It Is
Reaction Score
Good win by Duke. They needed this win

Kentucky like the Lady Vols are a flawed team. Kentucky needs improved post play and Lady Vols need improved guard play. Both teams will probably end up with less then five losses and one will be inline for a #1 seed and the other a 2 seed. Can't see the other SEC teams giving Lady Vols & Kentucky competition for the SEC Conference title.

easttexastrash

Stay Classy!
Reaction Score
Her career record as head coach at Maine, Michigan State, as coach of the gold medal winning U20 team, and 183-36 record at Duke?

I don't get the sneering attitude towards Mccallie. No, she hasn't beaten UConn but neither have a lot of good coaches.

Maybe a championship, or more than one FF appearance, would convince me. An all-time great she is not.

All-time greats need to have won at least a championship, IMO, like Geno, Pat and Tara.

Last edited:

easttexastrash

Stay Classy!
Reaction Score
Good win by Duke. They needed this win

Kentucky like the Lady Vols are a flawed team. Kentucky needs improved post play and Lady Vols need improved guard play. Both teams will probably end up with less then five losses and one will be inline for a #1 seed and the other a 2 seed. Can't see the other SEC teams giving Lady Vols & Kentucky competition for the SEC Conference title.

In UK's defense, their starting post player is out a few weeks. Few teams can afford lose their starting center.

Reaction Score

I thought she was terrific when she coached Maine and Michigan State. I thought she would do more with Duke-it perplexes me, but at the same time makes me realize what an amazing coach Geno is.

easttexastrash

Stay Classy!
Reaction Score
Is there a particular reason you choose to post here with you snark and pro-LV agenda rather than the Baylor board? There are times your schtick gets old and this is one of them.

And here I thought my schtick didn't stink.

No more JPM talk and no more LV

Phil

Stats Geek
Reaction Score
Maybe a championship, or more than one FF appearance, would convince me. An all-time great she is not.

All-time greats need to have won at least a championship, IMO, like Geno, Pat and Tara.

I'd label Joe Ciampi as one of the all-time great coaches, and he has zero NCs. An all-time great coach ought to put their team in a position to win an NC, but the actual win turns out sometimes to turn on dumb luck or fortuitous circumstances, rather than pure coaching ability. Joe got close enough on enough occasions for me to think he belongs in the elite category.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Vincent22

Top Bottom