Duke at N. D. 1pm ESPN | Page 5 | The Boneyard

Duke at N. D. 1pm ESPN

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
If you want to compare UConn vs ND why not compare common opponents?

Penn St. UC +19, ND +10
Md, UC +17, ND +4
Duke, UC +22, ND +16 (avg)

That would be advantage UConn by 9, 13 and 6 respectively. Penn St and Md were without KML. Duke was with KML but in ND's case Duke was without Gray. So essentially without KML we outperformed ND by 10 pts a game.
Lest there be any ambiguity, I think the idea that ND should be the overall #1 seed is ludicrous.

Fishy

Elite Premium Poster
Reaction Score
Is it my imagination or is Duke on the wrong side of a beat down nearly every time they're in a big game?

triaddukefan

Tobacco Road Gastronomer
Reaction Score
Is it my imagination or is Duke on the wrong side of a beat down nearly every time they're in a big game?

<----------- take a look at the pic to the left :oops:

Of course as a Duke fan its frustrating to see my team go down in flames again.... but to make matters even worse.... all these games are nationally televised ones with alot of pregame hype and build-up :( It wouldnt be quite as bad if only the fans in the stands saw the game... or even if the games were just broadcast on goduke.com for us subscribers to view. But no.... national ESPN audiences......... audiences that include co-workers who are UNC fans who always text me in the middle or soon after such embarrassing losses.

Reaction Score

You're somewhat correct. There have been a bunch, particularly this year. Though they might have come back and made it tight today had Jones not gone out with an injury at about the 8 minute mark.

Reaction Score
I see it a little differently. Saying that UConn is #1 doesn't sell papers (metaphorically). So my guess is someone asked research to put together a case that ND is number one. To their surprise, it wasn't laughable, so they decide to run with it, because it would create conversation.

Okay we can agree to disagree. There are times when one loses big time credibility just because they want to stir up some controversy. For example last year or year before John Salley came out with comments- he said Jordan wasn't greatest ever. That statement is fine. But then he started saying / implying Jordan was no greater than . . . he rattled off some names and one name was Kevin McHale that stuck in my mind. Forever, you could never take him seriously.

The women's game suffers from not enough fans. Primarily men follow men's game much more. Many of my buddies that are fans of men's hoop/nba too, they will be nice and ask me about the women. In my opinion, they look at the game as inferior. And when they look at things thatway, imo they look at other things within the women's game as well. And they don't live under a rock. But if they were too ever hear an announcer claim ND should be number 1 seed, they'd further scoff at the "incompetence" of it all. And some of them are much bigger gamblers than I, if they'd see UCONN as a dog, if both were undefeated and no further injuries, they'd lay quite a bit of cash on the Huskies. And they barely follow the game. Yet in our game, we have annoucners spewing something that is just wrong - and most of the popualtion knows it. Nothing good comes of that.

Top 50 - men vs women is light years different. IMO to bring it up - top 50- it's insulting to me. UCONN and ND and are on a much "higher plane" than to count a team that is about 42 vs a team that is about 70- and pretend they are "different" in a way that matters when comparing these two great teams.

triaddukefan

Tobacco Road Gastronomer
Reaction Score
McCallie: "We just didn't have anyone who had the guts to step up and defend #21. Or #11 or #32." :)

(Just to be crystal clear, this is a joke, not an actual quote.)

Actually..... i watched the interview.... and she actually mentioned McBride and Loyd by name...:eek: She was very complimentary....

pap49cba

The Supreme Linkster
Reaction Score
Actually..... i watched the interview.... and she actually mentioned McBride and Loyd by name...:eek: She was very complimentary....
I guess Muffet's zinger after the first game hit the target. :)

Reaction Score
Although Duke lost by double digits to another top two team AGAIN. There were some positives of the game, like continuing to fight back and play with intensity and also getting big minutes from Amber Henson in a big game. Let's just pray alexis jones isn't seriously injured and our season is still alive.

Icebear

Andlig Ledare
Reaction Score
Probably learned a lesson from last time. She works at Duke she must be educable.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dogsdogsdog

Top Bottom