Duke at N. D. 1pm ESPN | Page 3 | The Boneyard

Duke at N. D. 1pm ESPN

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Before ESPN put the graphic up I thought UCONN would be the overall #1 seed, after the graphic, not so much. Seeing it on the screen was pretty interesting. I am ok with ND being the overall #1 seed.

as far as NPOY, I am going with Ogwumike. I dont like Sims attitude when things arent going her way just my opinion and she takes 30 shots a game to get 30 points.

What graphic?

Icebear

Andlig Ledare
Reaction Score
It is insulting to call that second play to Loyd an alley oop.

ctfjr

Life is short, ride hard
Reaction Score
Looks like Duke just had another great learning experience. Those girls must be getting really smart!
Can't wait for the postgame quotes. She should just record them play 'em back year after year.

pap49cba

The Supreme Linkster
Reaction Score
McCallie: "We just didn't have anyone who had the guts to step up and defend #21. Or #11 or #32." :)

(Just to be crystal clear, this is a joke, not an actual quote.)

Last edited:

semper

Paleographer
Reaction Score
Yuck...she is so freaking annoying....

Tonyc

Optimus Prime
Reaction Score
I guess all the talk this week about ND being an overall number 1 after almost blowing their big lead at home and they Grey goes down and yeah maybe if Grey doesn't get hurt Duke makes a game of it. ND is not the team they were last season. My top 3 in order . UConn ND and Louisville The 4th number 1 seed could be anybody. BTW it would be a crime to put UConn in LVille. UConn to Lincoln or your going to cut out a couple of top seeds who should be in the FF.

Zorro

Nuestro Zorro Amigo
Reaction Score
Coach McCallie has her faults, but she has also had rotten luck.
upload_2014-2-23_16-8-55.jpeg

DobbsRover2

Slap me 10
Reaction Score
ND burying a few more bodies today..

Announcer said she thinks ND should get the overall #1 seed because they've beaten 12 top 50 RPI teams vs 6 for UCONN.
When the announcer is from ESPN and refers to worthless RPI stats, you know they are way out of their field. Sagarin, BTW, has ND and UConn almost even against the top 50 at 11-0 and 10-0, but UConn still has the advantage in the more important top 10 at 5-0 vs. 4-0.

Icebear

Andlig Ledare
Reaction Score
I guess all the talk this week about ND being an overall number 1 after almost blowing their big lead at home and they Grey goes down and yeah maybe if Grey doesn't get hurt Duke makes a game of it. ND is not the team they were last season. My top 3 in order . UConn ND and Louisville The 4th number 1 seed could be anybody. BTW it would be a crime to put UConn in LVille. UConn to Lincoln or your going to cut out a couple of top seeds who should be in the FF.
They are better than last season.

doggydaddy

Grampysorus Rex
Reaction Score
It's Gray, not Grey.

And she was done for the year way before this game.

Jones was the one that got hurt today.

Tony, it's not difficult to get these details right. It makes your post tough to appreciate when you get these things wrong.

triaddukefan

Tobacco Road Gastronomer
Reaction Score
Haven't they had multiple top 5 recruiting classes?

In my opinion there is a huge difference in losing a 2 time All-American Senior PG and any other positional player. Even more now that there are no PG's left on the roster.

pap49cba

The Supreme Linkster
Reaction Score
In my opinion there is a huge difference in losing a 2 time All-American Senior PG and any other positional player. Even more now that there are no PG's left on the roster.
I know it's early but any news on Jones? I am hoping for the best. I hate this stuff. Knees....

triaddukefan

Tobacco Road Gastronomer
Reaction Score

Ive seen both UCONN and ND in person this season. UCONN is definitely the superior team in my opinion.... but ND is without a doubt the second best team in the country by a wide margin. ND doesnt have the inside strength and shot blockers to handle UCONN inside. Get #11 in foul trouble.. and they have no answer at all.

doggydaddy

Grampysorus Rex
Reaction Score
Who? ND?

Why state that as fact? I don't believe that to be true.

You are certainly welcome to your opinion, but ND being better this is debatable.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dogsdogsdog

Top Bottom