Duke AD bullish on ACC channel...New York presence | Page 4 | The Boneyard

Duke AD bullish on ACC channel...New York presence

Status
Not open for further replies.

Fishy

Elite Premium Poster
Reaction Score
UConn has made me a great success, probably more than Fishy's wildest dreams of what he can be.

I dream that I am a king making soup out of the bones of peons, so congrats on exceeding that.

And you're a troll. Or a moron.

Or perhaps both.

In any event, your presence is subtraction by addition.

Reaction Score
The ACC has 4 of the Sweet Sixteen in the NCAA Men's Soccert Tournament as well. I see where UConn Men's Soccer made the Sweet Sixteen too. Congrats! UConn plays UCLA. UVA plays Marquette. If we both win, we'll meet in the Elite Eight.

Would you guys please knock off UCLA's Men's Soccer Team tonight please? Soccer is an eastern sport. If UVA gets beat I'd rather it to an Eastern team than some PAC12 squad. Of course I'd prefer UVA win. We already have to play UCLA in Women's Soccer. Don't want to see them in both tournaments. And I think UVA -UConn would be a good match.

Reaction Score
Would you guys please knock off UCLA's Men's Soccer Team tonight please? Soccer is an eastern sport. If UVA gets beat I'd rather it to an Eastern team than some PAC12 squad. Of course I'd prefer UVA win. We already have to play UCLA in Women's Soccer. Don't want to see them in both tournaments. And I think UVA -UConn would be a good match.

@UConnMSOC: The Huskies will face No. 8 seeded Virginia next weekend! Two straight penalty kick shoot-out advancements for UConn #BleedBlue

“@American_Champs: UConn advances to the NCAA men's soccer quarterfinals as Huskies get past top-seeded UCLA, 5-4 in PKs. Teams played to 3-3 draw in 2OT.”

You're welcome....

Chin Diesel

Power of Love
Reaction Score

That's equal parts dumb and ignorant.

Reaction Score

I agree. It's an eastern sport at the college level & college level only. The best MLS fans are out west & it's a huge amateur sport throughout California - West Coast really. The Latinos in Cali definitely love their futbol and come from cultures where the sport is passionately embraced on a level most Americans don't share.

On the other hand, IU remains the all time best men's college program, though 1 or 2 less NC's than St. Louis. Both programs are in the Midwest.

Reaction Score
@UConnMSOC: The Huskies will face No. 8 seeded Virginia next weekend! Two straight penalty kick shoot-out advancements for UConn #BleedBlue

“@American_Champs: UConn advances to the NCAA men's soccer quarterfinals as Huskies get past top-seeded UCLA, 5-4 in PKs. Teams played to 3-3 draw in 2OT.”

You're welcome....
Awesome! See you guys on Friday! Good Luck to UConn.

Reaction Score
Aren't most of your bowl eligible teams in FB old BE?I'm glad you feel so warmly about the eastern school's! Of course with your usual exception!

Reaction Score
Aren't most of your bowl eligible teams in FB old BE?I'm glad you feel so warmly about the eastern school's! Of course with your usual exception!

You know..The Big East was incorporated into the ACC and it feels comfortable to this Nole fan.

Of course, FSU had a long relationship playing VT and Miami before they came into the conference...

30 games with VT before ACC and only 6 after...Miami has been a main rival for 50 years,. FSU played Louisville almost yearly for a decade (79, 80, 81, 82, 83, 86, 87, 91).

FSU played Pitt in the Marino, Joe Green era...played 8 times between 71 and 83.

The ACC has 10 of the 12 teams bowl eligible this year...

Reaction Score
You know..The Big East was incorporated into the ACC and it feels comfortable to this Nole fan.

Of course, FSU had a long relationship playing VT and Miami before they came into the conference...

30 games with VT before ACC and only 6 after...Miami has been a main rival for 50 years,. FSU played Louisville almost yearly for a decade (79, 80, 81, 82, 83, 86, 87, 91).

FSU played Pitt in the Marino, Joe Green era...played 8 times between 71 and 83.

Yes,Im old enough to remember when FSU/Ville were Metro rival's I think?Also some of the others.As a matter of history how long has FSU and Miami been playing major CF? I know FSU was at one time a GS so I'm just curious? I remember pre -Jim Burt/Testaverde era (Schottenheimer) when Miami was an afterthought! I know you know your Fla history and are old enough to remember.

Reaction Score

Did'nt SU make it 11?

Reaction Score

11 schools in the ACC are bowl eligible. The ACC only has 8 tie ins. So we'll be sending 3 schools to someone else's bowls. But this post was about soccer. Not football.

Reaction Score

I'm talking NCAA Men's. The majority of the champions have been eastern with Indiana and UCLA occasionally pretending. The overall sport is global.

Reaction Score

Nicky...to answer your question:

I was born the year before FSU became coed in 1947.

Miami and FSU have been rivals since 1951.

Howard Schnellenburger and Jimmy Johnson brought Miami into the sunlight and Miami went on to win five football NC's.

The rivalry intensified when FSU and Miami were duking it out for the NC in the years of the wide rights....

Reaction Score
Soccer and lacrosse have a strong eastern tinge....

Baseball has a strong southern, southwestern-western tinge to it.

Volleyball? I don't know.

Reaction Score
11 schools in the ACC are bowl eligible. The ACC only has 8 tie ins. So we'll be sending 3 schools to someone else's bowls. But this post was about soccer. Not football.
OK,I'll buy that but I took you at your word last week when you said your feelings were well known and no need to keep harping on it!?!Everyone is entitled to there opinions but need not be so repetitive. I can respect opinions and generally read yours though we all know how you feel and can leave it at that? Peace.

Reaction Score
Nicky...to answer your question:

I was born the year before FSU became coed in 1947.

Miami and FSU have been rivals since 1951.

Howard Schnellenburger and Jimmy Johnson brought Miami into the sunlight and Miami went on to win five football NC's.

The rivalry intensified when FSU and Miami were duking it out for the NC in the years of the wide rights....
Thank you! I was born in "51" and only noticed in the eastern newspapers FSU sometime in the late 60s and the "U" in the early 80s?. I know Miami came on with a swagger loaded down with eastern HS stars and colorful Howie Schnellenberger that caught my attention and most of the NE I'd guess.FSU's trademark Chief Seminole and horse with the flaming spear was also an eyecatcher here !! As for UVa...well they are what they are, rather bland with very little or no interest in the big apple area press from the 60s right up until today outside of Ralph Sampson's heyday(who was more popular than his school).

Last edited:
Reaction Score

You're welcome....
Great Game tonight. UConn has an excellent men's soccer team. Hopefully we can play more often in the future. UConn would fit very well in ACC men's soccer IMO.

pj

Reaction Score
Great Game tonight. UConn has an excellent men's soccer team. Hopefully we can play more often in the future. UConn would fit very well in ACC men's soccer IMO.

Congrats on your win.

Reaction Score
Congrats on your win.

Thank you! Congratulations to UConn for winning another NCAA Field Hockey Championship! It's another sport that the ACC does well in, and UConn would fit right in. The ACC had 7 in the Sweet 16, 4 in the Elite 8, 3 in the Final Four, and of course UConn beat Duke in the final. Great Win for UConn!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CJasmer

Top Bottom