Drummond to UCONN this season. | Page 9 | The Boneyard

Drummond to UCONN this season.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
You're obviously obsessed. Your avatar is proof.

Did I go onto a Kentucky board to whine about how much the squid cheats when you guys bought Brandon Knight? So who is obsessed? Not only are you obsessed with any team that might challenge cantucky, you are deluded. You think any kid that doesn't go to redneckville must have been bought by the team that got him. You really think UK is every kid's dream. What your blindness keeps you from seeing is that it is exactly the opposite. Any kid that turns down the squid's offer is a kid that is above being bought.

Contrary to what some people here think, I actually believe most teams are clean. By that I mean that they all bend the rules without breaking them. But there are a few exceptions. Any team coached by Calipari is one of them. I don't think your program cheated when Tubby was there or when your last coach was in charge. Pitino always made me wonder but his "quacks" were not quite as loud as the squid's so maybe not. Now your team and its fans have sold their souls to the devil to win again. It must suck more than I thought to live in cantucky. Why else would a winning college team be so important to you.

Reaction Score
Two questions:

1. Why is F Paint not banned yet?
2. Is there, or will there be, an ignore feature?

ctchamps

We are UConn!! 4>1 But 5>>>>1 is even better!
Reaction Score
Two questions:

1. Why is F Paint not banned yet?
2. Is there, or will there be, an ignore feature?

As far as I'm concerned he can still remain. He hasn't been profane. His obnoxiousness is primarily the attempt to impact our excitement and exuberance. I'm of the philosophy that people have choices: let fpaint impact them negatively, positively or have no impact. If people haven't figured out how to let negative things bounce off of them than fpaint can provide them with that opportunity to learn this.

An ignore button would be nice and it certainly would reduce our workload, but until one is developed, if anyone doesn't like a poster just don't read his posts. Personally I find it fascinating that anyone is attempting to engage this poster. He is jaded and unreasonable. Trying to be reasonable with him is fruitless. Trying to neutralize him, embarrass him, or marginalize him won't change him. I prefer having fun at the guy's expense, but I'm sure he can't reciprocate and I'm having no impact on him. So I hope fpaint is allowed to continue if for no other reason it allows me to learn if people can finally get this lesson. At the very least it is entertainment.

And lastly, from what I have read by people who have been banned from other sites, I want this site to be more mature about how it handles censorship. I would love it if people would avoid responding to him and avoid being charged by him to make him irrelevant as opposed to asking for some authority to handle the situation for us because we are too weak to do it ourselves. Sadly I don't think this will be the case.

Reaction Score
As far as I'm concerned he can still remain. He hasn't been profane. His obnoxiousness is primarily the attempt to impact our excitement and exuberance. I'm of the philosophy that people have choices: let fpaint impact them negatively, positively or have no impact. If people haven't figured out how to let negative things bounce off of them than fpaint can provide them with that opportunity to learn this.

An ignore button would be nice and it certainly would reduce our workload, but until one is developed, if anyone doesn't like a poster just don't read his posts. Personally I find it fascinating that anyone is attempting to engage this poster. He is jaded and unreasonable. Trying to be reasonable with him is fruitless. Trying to neutralize him, embarrass him, or marginalize him won't change him. I prefer having fun at the guy's expense, but I'm sure he can't reciprocate and I'm having no impact on him. So I hope fpaint is allowed to continue if for no other reason it allows me to learn if people can finally get this lesson. At the very least it is entertainment.

And lastly, from what I have read by people who have been banned from other sites, I want this site to be more mature about how it handles censorship. I would love it if people would avoid responding to him and avoid being charged by him to make him irrelevant as opposed to asking for some authority to handle the situation for us because we are too weak to do it ourselves. Sadly I don't think this will be the case.
By Uk standards he is an genius. Full sentences! What more can you ask for- no need to ban someone right now just because they came here to pick a fight- that's what the Dookie board and others do.

Reaction Score

Thanks fleud I agree with your logic. Counterarguments regardless of their apparent lack of substantive value serve a purpose. That purpose is to encourage others with stronger counterarguments to participate in the forum. I have read your posts and wanted to thank you for articulating your thoughts in a professional and well thought out manner. I have been a UCONN fan my whole life and obviously was impacted by the great news regarding AD. Assuming the process with the NCAA clearinghouse goes smoothly the addition of AD has laid the foundation for a tremendous season in Storrs. Leadership will be the key variable that distinguishes the upper tier teams. Walker will be missed as this intangible quality otherwise known as leadership will not be at the same level as last year. I will take the concept of "team" and "chemistry" as a variable over talent assuming the talent disparity is small. The chemistry on last years team most likely will not be duplicated. That does not mean UCONN can't win it all this year. Having 1 dominant leader is crucial. Walker, El Amin, Emeka...ect ect...although I think Taliek Brown also added great leadership. I think it will have to be Alex this year and that will be interesting to say the least. Overall I think Boatright is the real wildcard. IF the "boatshow" provides 10+ points per game the loss of Walker will be mitigated. As a dark horse this year I am VERY high on Baylor a team that lost in the 1st round of the NIT last year. They are loaded in the front court and have an underrated back court with several key additions. I predict Baylor will be in New Orleans this year.

Reaction Score
I'm not a moderator, and I respect that position.

Just to be clear--I'm all for "counterarguments." I don't think a post that says "No. You're wrong," is a counterargument. It's just contrarian to be contrarian. While we can just not read the posts, until there is an ignore button we have to skim through until we find useful posts--some of which are taking time to respond to this clown.

Reaction Score
I'm not a moderator, and I respect that position.

Just to be clear--I'm all for "counterarguments." I don't think a post that says "No. You're wrong," is a counterargument. It's just contrarian to be contrarian. While we can just not read the posts, until there is an ignore button we have to skim through until we find useful posts--some of which are taking time to respond to this clown.
Good points tzz...the logic behind my comments simply is making reference to the value of positions that are contrarian. The fact that the board is being perused by those who are not UCONN fans certainly adds an interesting dynamic. I am relatively new to the MB scene but it is self evident that any comments stating "No. You're wrong." certainly hold no value. Rivalries and the end results each year of those contests is what make college hoops so special. Last year I went to the St. John's/UCONN game at MSG and sat in the St. John's student section. I live in NYC. UCONN was blown out. I purchased the ticket from a St. John's student with a great seat behind the basket. So I certainly know what its like to get an earful! LOL

Reaction Score
Not sure if you're being serious or not, but I expect Lamb, Napier, Boatright, Daniels, and maybe even Giffey to be able to consistently make 3s.
didn't realize that u already said that.

Reaction Score
I'm beginning to think that Paint is a UK fan who paints his oversized beer belly (supplimented with deep fried twinkies) blue every time the cats play. He has a sattelite dish outside of his trailer and a gun rack in his pickup truck. It's a tossup as to whether he has more shoes or teeth but it is a safe bet that UK's men's hoops teams has more NCAA sanctions than either.
yeah I think thats true

ctchamps

We are UConn!! 4>1 But 5>>>>1 is even better!
Reaction Score
This thread has 10,104 views. That is fantastic.

Reaction Score
Screw any negative posts on this thread.

Andre Drummond is coming to UCONN this year!@!@#!@#!@ Christmas has come early. Wow, holy hella fun this year is going to be! We are very lucky to assemble perhaps one of our most favorite teams, player for player, ever all the way to the end of the bench.

I'm going to walk on water on the way to work tomorrow.

Reaction Score
Unbelievable chain of events. all my friends, co-workers, and random BART commuters now know who Andre Drummond is and that he's playing at the most relevant college basketball program in the country.

Reaction Score
Is it only me or does it look like AD has a really low release point on his outside shot. Not that he will be taking alot of these. Though you even see this also on his turnaround. I'm sure he will just over power most in college but I wonder if that is some concern to the coaching staff.

His offensive game needs some work. His mid-range game is inconsistant and, by his admission, he needs to really work on his low post/back to the basket game. I'm sure the staff knows that, and with his athleticism and talent I bet he improves those aspects of his game pretty quickly with the help of the UConn staff. I think he'll do most of his scoring (at first) facing the basket and driving by his man, on the fastbreak, and with tip-ins and putbacks. Basically using his athleticism to his advantage, much like he does in high school.

Reaction Score
Chris Webber is a good comparison. I think Dwight is a pretty good comparison, actually, because he actually did have a pretty good handle in high school.

I agree. Both are good comparisons. It will be interesting to see how long it takes for AD to acclimate to next level. One thing I noticed during the Adidas game that I watched was he tended to rush his shot when shooting off the dribble. He was very good at getting to or close to the rim, but then thew up a few wild shots that had no chance of going in. I have a feeling he's going to struggle finishing off the dribble early on. Hopefully by the end of this season he will learn to control his body and square to the hoop better as a result of getting some solid coaching under his belt.

Reaction Score

EricLA

Cronus
Reaction Score
i wanted to bump this back to the top since it's the only thread in the short history of this board that is longer than the ridiculous "PC sucks" thread. can't we please let that die?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WillngtnOak

Top Bottom