Drummond to UCONN this season. | Page 7 | The Boneyard

Drummond to UCONN this season.

Status
Not open for further replies.

ctchamps

We are UConn!! 4>1 But 5>>>>1 is even better!
Reaction Score
I just did a daffy duck impression in my living room.

Reaction Score
If true, Chief will be intolerable for just about ever. May still be worth it.

Yeah, I was thinking the same thing. I think I told him he was crazy for still believing that AD would arrive this fall.

Tonight, I'm having my Crow with some Husky salsa and chips. :)

Reaction Score
Did a friggin UK fan just imply that our program is dirty?!?! Seriously?!?!?!?!

Your coach is the biggest piece of crap in the history of college basketball. I know you inbred burbon swillers are as dumb as dirt but try to follow this if you can. There is an old saying that if it looks like duck, walks like a duck and quacks like a duck, it probably is a duck. Calhoun has coached UConn for 25 years. He has won three national championships and has been in four final fours. He is one of the winningest coaches in college basketball history. He is in the hall of fame. He has sent as many kids to the NBA in those 25 years as any other coach. Given ALL OF THAT. He has recruited a grand total of 9 McDonalds All-Americans. Maybe you consider Drummond #10 since he would have been one this year. Calimari has recruited MORE McD AAs in far fewer years and he has NEVER won a championship. He is NOT in the Hall of Fame. He has NOT sent as many kids to the NBA. He has RUN AWAY from two programs which subsequently had to VACATE their final four appearances.

Maybe with some assbackwards Kentucky logic you can justify this inconsistency but, to those with a brain, Calhoun must really suck at cheating if he is a cheater because it hasn't done him much good. On the other hand, the squid must be the luckiest, most charismatic recruiter that has ever walked the face of the earth. That description has been used to describe other leaders. Leaders like the heads of mafia families. Calimari...the teflon squid..........

Reaction Score
Drummond reminds me of a bigger, stronger, more athletic Chris Webber. Same passing ability / handle but more of an inside force. I can't remember a better big man prospect in the college game than say Webber / Tim Duncan?? Dwight Howard never played in college and really can only play around 5 feet from the hoop. I really don't see any holes in his game at all. Everyone keeps talking about "motivation" being his fatal flaw.. but i can't see a player like that dogging it playing for JC.

Reaction Score
If you choose to completely ignore stats...

Cuz it makes sense to use stats from last November when comparing how good players are right now. Do I need to dig up my post from TOS National Board where I compared their statistics from the NCAA tourney? You know, when the games actually mattered and when Jeremy Lamb played like the best shooting guard in the country? Because Jeremy completely blew away Doron, and anybody that watched any of the games can see that. I don't give a shet that Doron scored 30 points on some no name school back in December. Jeremy came to play during the 11 biggest games of the season, and he was easily the second best player on the best team in the land.

Reaction Score
Drummond reminds me of a bigger, stronger, more athletic Chris Webber. Same passing ability / handle but more of an inside force. I can't remember a better big man prospect in the college game than say Webber / Tim Duncan?? Dwight Howard never played in college and really can only play around 5 feet from the hoop. I really don't see any holes in his game at all. Everyone keeps talking about "motivation" being his fatal flaw.. but i can't see a player like that dogging it playing for JC.

Chris Webber is a good comparison. I think Dwight is a pretty good comparison, actually, because he actually did have a pretty good handle in high school.

Reaction Score
Oh just shut up already. You are making a fool of yourself. The only reason you are here is because you inbred drunken Kentucky monkeys think you are entitled to every blue chip recruit the squid wants. You are pissed that his tactics didn't work this time and you assume Calhoun must have cheated because, again, you guys are entitled to every top recruit. Drummond is different. He is a nice kids and is not for sale. The squid does great with kids that sell their souls. What is a shame is that there are so many.

Reaction Score
I hate ignoring stats. Especially the one where UConn won it all in 2011.

Reaction Score
until the NCAA uncovers the mother-load...

I agree, once they uncover how UK has landed such high quality recruits, we will win both on paper and on the court!

caw

Reaction Score

Seriously, let's:

Game one stats:

12 Minutes, 1-2, 4 Rebounds, 2 Assists, 1 TO, 1 PF, 4 Points
14 Minutes, 2-5, 0 Rebounds, 0 Assists, 2 TO, 3 PF, 5 Points

Game two stats:

38 Minutes, 5-8, 0-2, 2-2, 9 Rebounds, 4 Assists, 2 TO, 1 PF, 12 Points
27 Minutes, 5-10, 3-5, 0-0, 0 Rebounds, 0 Assists, 2 TO, 1 PF, 13 Points

Season Stats:
27.8 Minutes, 48.7%, 36.8%, 79.7%, 4.5 Rebounds, 1.6 Assists, .6 Blocks, .9 Steals, 1.6 PF, 1.3 TO, 11.1 Points
28.4 Minutes, 49.7%, 48.6%, 79.0%, 2.0 Rebounds, 1.6 Assists, .2 Blocks, .6 Steals, 2.2 PF, 1.3 TO, 12.3 Points

Honestly, both had very similar stats last year, Doron was a better 3 Point shooter, he took a ton more 3PT shots and made a much higher percentage. Jeremy took a ton more 2PT shots and shot a much higher percentage from 2 (136/249[54.6%] vs. 93/184 [50.5%]).

Jeremy was a better rebounder, better shot blocker, better at getting steals and fouled less, thus more well rounded (defense and offense).
Doron got to the line more often.

They are really different players, most probably see Jeremy has having a higher Pro-ceiling because of his insane length and athleticism.

mets1090

Probably returning some video tapes...
Reaction Score
Yup, same guy from TOS. Same argument he uses there. And it still doesnt work.
You know what they say. The more things change...

Reaction Score
Guys, be careful. We win championships every FIVE years; they win recruiting championships EVERY year! We do not want to get into a statistics battle here.

That said, of the many things I've been reading in the last 24 hours, I'm honestly surprised by how little love J-Lamb is getting. I saw someone say - in a coniciliatory manner - that T. Jones might be the best player among us, UK, and UNC. I know some of us might be reluctant to say it, but who do we really think will be better than Lamb this year? Barnes? Jones(?)?

Reaction Score
("offensively," at least)
Guys, be careful. We win championships every FIVE years; they win recruiting championships EVERY year! We do not want to get into a statistics battle here.

That said, of the many things I've been reading in the last 24 hours, I'm honestly surprised by how little love J-Lamb is getting. I saw someone say - in a coniciliatory manner - that T. Jones might be the best player among us, UK, and UNC. I know some of us might be reluctant to say it, but who do we really think will be better than Lamb this year? Barnes? Jones(?)?

Reaction Score
AD is COMING to UCONN!!!!!!!!!!!!

Sorry just tying to get back to the happiness in this thread.

Still can not believe it.

We are soooooooo Dooooooommmeeedddd!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Reaction Score

I would say top 5 among unc, uk, uconn, and osu, in any order:

Barnes
Sullinger
Zeller
Lamb
Drummond

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors