Drummond saves his kid | Page 3 | The Boneyard

Drummond saves his kid

Husky25

Dink & Dunk beat the Greatest Show on Turf.
Reaction Score
For people with pools, this is more common than one would think. First off all, toddlers have no business being within 10 feet of a pool edge without a floating device and outside a guardians' arms. Even with a floatation device, they can hardly keep themselves upright.

This happened to my son as a 5 year old. We had neighbors over and he was an okay swimmer for his age, but not the fish he is now. He slipped down the slope toward the deep end of our pool and was underwater for less than a half-second, before I jumped in with my non-waterproof Fitbit, a set of Bluetooth headphones, and my non-water resistant cellphone.

All needed to be replaced within 6 months (except for my son, of course).

Last edited:
Reaction Score
So your opinion is that because the kid didn’t die, anyone saying it was bad is overreacting? I dno, I guess I’m more cautious about my kids drowning. That was great how he reacted, but it wouldn’t be in a parenting manual.

“It’s a good thing there were three adults on their cell phones when that toddler accidentally caught fire/drank bleach/was playing with electricity, no harm no foul”

Reaction Score
“It’s a good thing there were three adults on their cell phones when that toddler accidentally caught fire/drank bleach/was playing with electricity, no harm no foul”
Dave Chapelle GIF by MOODMAN

SubbaBub

Your stupidity is ruining my country.
Reaction Score
If the kid was not in danger why did Drummond jump in?

Haven’t taken my 1.5 year old to a mall yet. Not because a fear of drowning but moreso the unnecessary risk of being exposed to covid and the sad truth that I fear what happened at the Danbury Mall this week will happen again and again.

This is a stupid take.

Reaction Score
Thanks Mr. Parenting expert. I wouldn’t let you babysit a goldfish.
I've had a giant gourami for 5 years as of now who has more intelligence than you.

She's a very happy fish, too. Over a foot long now.

Reaction Score
Thanks Mr. Parenting expert. I wouldn’t let you babysit a goldfish.
And by the way, if you know how to read, my post has everything to do with swimming and lifeguarding and nothing to do with parenting. The father sure did better than anyone else.

I suggested you call since you're the expert on parenting, Mr Social Services.

nomar

#1 Casual Fan™
Reaction Score
Anybody else a big Diff’rent Strokes fan? So many classic episodes.

Thread title made me think of it.

Reaction Score
No you’re just a boneyard yenta who feels compelled to pass judgment on other peoples opinions when they differ from his. Kind of a distinction without a difference.
Are there better internet posts than people who think the purpose of the internet is to allow them to criticize others without others having the right to criticize them?

Reaction Score
Good for Andre and that goes to his Mom being in nursing and raising a good young man.
Agree, he was fortunate to have had his mom guide him. A wonderful woman. Sometimes now, at his age, he would benefit though from a basketball mentor. Rashad Wallace did help Andre a lot in Detroit, but when he left Motown, in my opinion, he lost that type of guidance. Andre is clean off the court, but he needs guidance to reduce the fun distractions and concentrate on getting better at his profession. I hope he gets that in Philly.

ConnHuskBask

Shut Em Down!
Reaction Score
Are there better internet posts than people who think the purpose of the internet is to allow them to criticize others without others having the right to criticize them?

In other words, your entire Boneyard post history?

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
Yes. The ones that aren’t so obviously hypocritical.

Fishy

Elite Premium Poster
Reaction Score
If the kid was not in danger why did Drummond jump in?

Haven’t taken my 1.5 year old to a mall yet. Not because a fear of drowning but moreso the unnecessary risk of being exposed to covid and the sad truth that I fear what happened at the Danbury Mall this week will happen again and again.

Start a GoFundMe for the kid’s therapy now.

The kid is lucky Andre attacked like a shark. There's a reason he did. Kid likely wasn't taught to hold his breath. Drummond was the only one who acted as a lifeguard. Kid wouldn't have been smiling if it wasn't for Andre.

I can tell who slept through ninth-grade biology.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
UChuskman

Top Bottom