Drummond saves his kid | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Drummond saves his kid

Chin Diesel

Power of Love
Reaction Score
1. I'll assume every adult has direct knowledge of infants drowning or they're one degree of separation.
2. Having a non-swimmer dangling on edge of pool is never a good idea. I don't care if they have floaties.
3. There were multiple adults who obviously had eyes on this toddler.
4. You only need one event like this personally to forever change your view of water safety.

Reaction Score
I'm on the "it can happen " side of the argument because it happened to me. I was on Ischia passing through the pool area with my 2-year-old on our way inside and ran into a friend. We started to chat and my daughter went over to the edge of the pool and crouched down to put her hand in the water. I was watching her like a hawk the entire time. She tried to scoot forward to get closer and the toe of her flip-flop caught, sending her head first into the water in the 1m end of the pool. She sank like a stone. I could have won an Olympic gold medal in the long jump with the distance I cleared. I got her before she reached bottom. She was a little shocked but otherwise fine. We went and took a nap. My wife came back to find all my clothes, wallet, money, etc... laid out and still wet. She said she instantly thought, "I can't wait to hear this story".

If you're a parent the odds are good you're going to have a near miss or two along the way. I was on alert the whole time and I think Andre was too. If you're going to have your kid around water and not watch at all, that is negligent but in this case (and mine) adults were close by and watching.

Reaction Score
The thought of Secondary Drowning scares me on top of that. Not saying that’s the case here.

Reaction Score
Geez I hope you’re not a parent

Get this: two kids and a pool! Guess what? They've never fallen in unless I've thrown them.

Is it a good idea to have a toddler sitting on the edge of the pool? Nope. Was that kid in any danger? Same answer.

But to each his own. I'm sure your kid loves going to the mall attached to a leash.

ConnHuskBask

Shut Em Down!
Reaction Score
Get this: two kids and a pool! Guess what? They've never fallen in unless I've thrown them.

Is it a good idea to have a toddler sitting on the edge of the pool? Nope. Was that kid in any danger? Same answer.

But to each his own. I'm sure your kid loves going to the mall attached to a leash.

Lol not in any danger? Should have let Drummond know that so he wouldn't have had to run in from off camera, fully clothed, and dive into the pool to get his kid.

Reaction Score
A toddler falls into a pool and it's zero danger? In what world. Kids can drown super easily.

Just irresponsible but glad Drummond made the rescue.
In the world of the video posted...zero danger of drowning. There was three adults standing right next to him and he was picked up out of the water in .5 seconds.

Reaction Score
Lol not in any danger? Should have let Drummond know that so he wouldn't have had to run in from off camera, fully clothed, and dive into the pool to get his kid.

Jesus, this has to be spelled out for you? He wasn't in any danger because there were three duck___ adults within 10 feet of him.

Did I let my kids sit on the edge of the pool when they were that age? Nope, but I'm also not one of these Boneyard yentas who watches a video like that and feels compelled to pass judgment on other people's parenting.

ConnHuskBask

Shut Em Down!
Reaction Score
Jesus, this has to be spelled out for you? He wasn't in any danger because there were three duck___ adults within 10 feet of him.

Did I let my kids sit on the edge of the pool when they were that age? Nope, but I'm also not one of these Boneyard yentas who watches a video like that and feels compelled to pass judgment on other people's parenting.

Doesn't matter if there are 30 adults around a pool if they're all scrolling their cell phones and not paying attention. Lady in the hot tubs first step left a lot to be desired lol.

In the world of the video posted...zero danger of drowning. There was three adults standing right next to him and he was picked up out of the water in .5 seconds.

It's almost as if the outcome shouldn't necessarily be the basis on which the situation is judged in?

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score

No you’re just a boneyard yenta who feels compelled to pass judgment on other peoples opinions when they differ from his. Kind of a distinction without a difference.

Reaction Score
have I seen this very thing ... 10 times in my life? Yesss. Family, friends, town pool. The sad reality is too many times Andre doesn't get there. We all are a little too careless in life.

Fishy

Elite Premium Poster
Reaction Score
A toddler falls into a pool and it's zero danger? In what world. Kids can drown super easily.

Just irresponsible but glad Drummond made the rescue.

No, Nancy.

He fell in the water in front of three adult human beings all of whom would have had no trouble just plucking him out.

Does the kid know not to breathe while underwater? Just a couple seconds and you’ll need to start giving cpr

Yes, he’s a mammal. All of us know not to breathe under water. Even your dog knows.

Reaction Score

If the kid was not in danger why did Drummond jump in?

Haven’t taken my 1.5 year old to a mall yet. Not because a fear of drowning but moreso the unnecessary risk of being exposed to covid and the sad truth that I fear what happened at the Danbury Mall this week will happen again and again.

Reaction Score
I'm on the "it can happen " side of the argument because it happened to me. I was on Ischia passing through the pool area with my 2-year-old on our way inside and ran into a friend. We started to chat and my daughter went over to the edge of the pool and crouched down to put her hand in the water. I was watching her like a hawk the entire time. She tried to scoot forward to get closer and the toe of her flip-flop caught, sending her head first into the water in the 1m end of the pool. She sank like a stone. I could have won an Olympic gold medal in the long jump with the distance I cleared. I got her before she reached bottom. She was a little shocked but otherwise fine. We went and took a nap. My wife came back to find all my clothes, wallet, money, etc... laid out and still wet. She said she instantly thought, "I can't wait to hear this story".

If you're a parent the odds are good you're going to have a near miss or two along the way. I was on alert the whole time and I think Andre was too. If you're going to have your kid around water and not watch at all, that is negligent but in this case (and mine) adults were close by and watching.
It can certainly happen to anyone, though I'd suggest your scenario is different in almost every way from the Drummond situation.

ConnHuskBask

Shut Em Down!
Reaction Score
No, Nancy.

He fell in the water in front of three adult human beings all of whom would have had no trouble just plucking him out.

While I appreciate you and others have this outlet to demonstrate just how bad ass you are to random people on the internet, I still think you're all really trivializing the fact a toddler fell into a pool because the adults around him weren't paying attention.

Mr. French

Tremendous Individual
Reaction Score
This board is something else. He's surrounded by three adults and came out of the pool laughing. Reading some of the posts in this thread reminds me of the SNL sketch where Mike Myers is on a leash connected to a jungle gym wearing a helmet.

So your opinion is that because the kid didn’t die, anyone saying it was bad is overreacting? I dno, I guess I’m more cautious about my kids drowning. That was great how he reacted, but it wouldn’t be in a parenting manual.

Mr. French

Tremendous Individual
Reaction Score
It's a nothing story, toddler falls in the pool with three adults right next to him. He's picked up out of the pool in .5 seconds because there was 3 adults standing right next to him. Drummond is making light of it with the all heroes wear capes thing because obviously his heart skipped a beat for a millisecond but the kid was in zero danger of drowning. Next time the kid will have floaties on and won't be on the edge of the pool.

Lol zero danger of drowning, this is someone that doesn’t get how easily a 2 year old can drown.

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
No, Nancy.

I know right? The same logic applies to giving a toddler a manchette. As long there are three (one and two back ups, just like NASA!) adults to put pressure on the inevitable wound, what's the big deal?

Look sheet happens, just because it didn't turn out badly doesn't make a good idea. I mean, you understand that, right?

Hans Sprungfeld

Undecided
Reaction Score
1. I'll assume every adult has direct knowledge of infants drowning or they're one degree of separation.
2. Having a non-swimmer dangling on edge of pool is never a good idea. I don't care if they have floaties.
3. There were multiple adults who obviously had eyes on this toddler.
4. You only need one event like this personally to forever change your view of water safety.
There's a wide range of self-certainty, hyperbole, bickering, judgment, thin-slicing, and posturing in the comments here. I have no doubt my own comment includes elements of the same.

Thank you for posting this.

Reaction Score
The kid is lucky Andre attacked like a shark. There's a reason he did. Kid likely wasn't taught to hold his breath. Drummond was the only one who acted as a lifeguard. Kid wouldn't have been smiling if it wasn't for Andre.

Lady on the left with her phone was trying not to get wet. Other man didn't seem to grasp the danger of the situation, as well.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dogsdogsdog

Top Bottom