Drummond saves his kid | Page 4 | The Boneyard

Drummond saves his kid

Reaction Score
I can tell who slept through ninth-grade biology.
Had a lake across the street from my home for decades. Did you know humans have to be taught to swim?

Chin Diesel

Power of Love
Reaction Score
Anybody else a big Diff’rent Strokes fan? So many classic episodes.

Thread title made me think of it.
Gary Coleman 80S GIF

temery

What?
Reaction Score
Anybody else a big Diff’rent Strokes fan? So many classic episodes.

Thread title made me think of it.

'Is that the show where almost every child actor died?

temery

What?
Reaction Score
Had a lake across the street from my home for decades. Did you know humans have to be taught to swim?

Not true. And not just because most are so fat they just float.

Reaction Score
Not true. And not just because most are so fat they just float.

Used to swim plenty. Lack natural buoyancy.

ClifSpliffy

surf's up
Reaction Score
off and on over the years, i teach inner city kids (say 6 to 12 years old) to 'be one with the water,' knowing that, if even marginally successful, i'll give a fellow human one of the greatest gifts in life - confidence. sidepoint: inner city girlkids are far more capable of willingness to challenge their fears than the boys, who seemingly are burdened with generations of water paranoia. mebbe it's all so easy because i come from a family tradition that, certainly before age one, makes it a policy to bring every rugburner into the water, even the less developed or physically or emotionally challenged ones.
take hammy beach, on a crazy busy summer day, for example. nowadays, u don't have to swim out very far to be able to look back at the entire mass of 'swimmers' (moar like 'bathers') and wonder, 'youse think another five feet out and ur gonna meet jaws?' or mebbe a 100 foot rogue wave will magically appear? no confidence, obviously, and pathetic, since swimming is an innate skill that only needs the slightest push in infancy to set the individual on a course of water confidence for the rest of their life.
again, pops sez that his peers are to blame for these recent generations of unnaturally freaked out people, starting with his experience as a kid when sooo many of his playmates showed up at the water wearing noseplugs. he remembers thinking 'so u got some water up ur nose and into ur brain? i guess u'll never be able to do an underwater somersault. too bad cuz those are fun.'
at least u don't see too many noseplugs anymore, prolly cuz whole generations now barely even get in the water past their knees. turrible.
having a 150,000 gallon cement pond out back brings the realization that we don't get local knucklehead grammar school kids sneaking in much anymore. sad.
and now u know why inner city kids aren't often on swim teams, college teams, or in the olympics. i blame many of youse for that reality. good job with that 'fear of everything' culture that u bred so well. don't be surprised when ur 30 something kid is still playing video games in the basement.
nothing 'bad' happened to andre's child. andre is 100% correct to laugh it off. i wonder if the kid had that oftentime result of funny kid sneezes when first exposed to a mug full of chlorine? gesundheit!

Fishy

Elite Premium Poster
Reaction Score

You’re moving the goalposts.

You said the kid was likely not taught to hold his breath. Not a single human since the dawn of time has needed to be taught to hold their breath under water.

You’re bad at science.

Reaction Score

You said the kid was likely not taught to hold his breath. Not a single human since the dawn of time has needed to be taught to hold their breath under water.

You’re bad at science.
That's why others agree there's a higher likelihood someone would have been administering CPR had Drummond not moved faster.

Whatever makes you feel better about yourself. And yes, that is something that has to be taught to toddlers. Just as your momma and poppa taught you to speak. Otherwise, you'd be grunting, which isn't far off from how you communicate anyway.

formerlurker

www.stjude.org
Reaction Score

Loved that show! it was the same point in my life when I was deep into the BMX life and spent all of my free time and allowance money at the two bike shops in Danbury (Gould's and Bike Express).

The "Bike Shop" episode took me down a road I wasn't prepared for at 12 yo. I watched that show to laugh but by the end of the "Bike Shop" episode I was suddenly worried about some old guy wanting to juggle my marbles. That f*ing Mr. Horton ruined the whole experience for me.

formerlurker

www.stjude.org
Reaction Score

You’re bad at science.
Yeah, time to stand down Butch.

Reaction Score
Yeah, time to stand down Butch.

You really think the kid was just dropped into the water with no one saying anything and completely figured everything out on his/her own? Did you notice the kid is pushed?

I know kids are intelligent beings. Are more interested in learning than adults, apparently.

Reaction Score
And by the way, if you know how to read, my post has everything to do with swimming and lifeguarding and nothing to do with parenting. The father sure did better than anyone else.

I suggested you call since you're the expert on parenting, Mr Social Services.

Gog and Magog

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dogsdogsdog

Top Bottom