Drummond on ESPN right now | Page 5 | The Boneyard

Drummond on ESPN right now

Status
Not open for further replies.

uconnbill

A Half full kind of guy
Reaction Score
I do believe Drummond had a horrible freshman season. But I did NOT say how good SCJR is. I said how good he CAN be. Two very different things.

You don't know basketball if that's what you think. He had to play with a big man who didn't play well with him and you put all the blame on a freshman. I got it, but you don't

Dogbreath2U

RIP, DB2U
Reaction Score
You are entitled to your opinion. I would agree it was a disappointing season in many ways. I think you overstate things in regard to Drummond. First off, he was not the #1 recruit in the country. But he was up in the top 5 and #2 overall, IIRC. To me, the problem on that team was that the pieces were good, but did not fit together well and there was no established leader. As Fishy points out, Calhoun was not well and did not do his best job that year.

Reaction Score
I don't consider Drummond a true husky and the majority of other UConn students would agree. He came to UConn with huge hype and he stunk. Then to make things worse, he left us in the year we were banned. I could not have been any more disappointed with Drummond's time at UConn.

WAAAAA I NEED MY BOTTLE!!!!!

Just stop calling yourself a fan, I for one don't want you in the group

Huskyforlife

Akokbouk
Reaction Score
I better not. That might just cause more backlash from you. However here are some true huskies: Shabazz, Kemba, Boatright, Emeka, Rashad, Caron, Adrien, Price, M Williams, Giffey, D Brown, Rip, RayRay
I hope chief his bitches and Andre take a big steamy dump in your mouth. Hating on Drummond is so stupid it's beyond comprehension.

Reaction Score
I'm not disagreeing with any of this. He is on his way to being one of the best centers. He will bring publicity to our program for a long time. But he didn't play well at UConn. That's all I'm saying. He is playing good in the NBA. I'm not arguing that.

If you plan on ignoring all the signals in your life indicating that you're not very bright (like not being able to naturally distinguish between adverbs and adjectives when speaking) because you think those signals are outweighed by the fact that you were admitted to the University of Connecticut, consider yourself forewarned: there is not a single person who matters that you will ever encounter in your life who will weight the evidence that way.

nomar

#1 Casual Fan™
Reaction Score
Is JimOllie the same dope that started the poll about should Ollie be fired next year if.....?

Seriously how do people get this stupid? I understand everyone has the right to an opinikn, but good god people should know when to keep their opinions to themselves or they'll reveal how dumb they really are.

No, but he said yesterday, definitively, that Cauley-Stein (Draft Express's #6 player) would be a bust in the NBA and in the D-League in short time. Which would just be a minority opinion and not entirely silly, except for the fact that he then admitted that he doesn't watch the NBA.

That, and this one (i.e., that Drummond isn't a Real Husky), are the first two opinions I've seen him express. I don't need to see a third.

Reaction Score
How the hell could anyone consider Drummond's decision to go to the NBA a bad one? It doesn't matter what is going on with the team the next year, if you are a lottery pick, go to the NBA!

Reaction Score
How the hell could anyone consider Drummond's decision to go to the NBA a bad one? It doesn't matter what is going on with the team the next year, if you are a lottery pick, go to the NBA!

Why would you go and make money for yourself in the NBA when you can stay in college and make money for the NCAA?

Reaction Score
The notion that he should have stuck around because we were banned and we needed him is crazy. We did not need him, unless he entertained the thought of being at UConn three years, which I doubt. By leaving, we were forced to go small and to play DD at the four and get killed on the boards some nights - but he got better in that role, and that unit formed the nucleus that won the whole thing. Drummond's minutes in a banned year would have served little purpose - for him or us. He would have played fewer games and developed less than he did off the bench in Detroit, and we would have been developing a guy who wasn't going to stay for 2014, so that development would be of no use to us long term. Oriakhi leaving did us a favor for the same reason.

Reaction Score
As someone said, I think the point I was trying to make is that one and dones are more difficult to root for. Andre is playing very well in the NBA right now. Good for him.

Reaction Score
You said it was a bad thing that he "left us in the year we were banned."

That's an indefensible position, because his decision would have been the right one regardless of our eligibility.

Reaction Score
I obviously would have liked him to stay, who wouldn't have? But hey it worked out for both sides. We were banned, became hungry, and won a title. And Andre is playing well in the NBA. Worked out perfectly.

temery

What?
Reaction Score
I don't consider Drummond a true husky and the majority of other UConn students would agree. He came to UConn with huge hype and he stunk. Then to make things worse, he left us in the year we were banned. I could not have been any more disappointed with Drummond's time at UConn.

It's time for a little speculation... My money is on - he slept with your girlfriend, or maybe the girl who was out of your league, but you had a crush on her.

Huskyforlife

Akokbouk
Reaction Score
I obviously would have liked him to stay, who wouldn't have? But hey it worked out for both sides. We were banned, became hungry, and won a title. And Andre is playing well in the NBA. Worked out perfectly.
Then why are you hating on him?

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score
The thing that was striking about Drummond at UConn was how clear it was he was going to be a great NBA player but just wasn't a great college player as a freshman.

Imagine him with the length of Patrick Ewing's college career.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MTSuitsky

Top Bottom