Drummond on ESPN right now | Page 3 | The Boneyard

Drummond on ESPN right now

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
@JimOllie, stop making the rest of us younger folks look bad. Seriously bro...

As an aside, any disappointment I had stemming from Drummond's tenure at UCONN was immediately nullified upon his NBA breakout. He is well on his way to being one of the best centers in the league, and he is honestly a better ambassador for UCONN than almost all of his contemporaries are for their schools. Drummond will continue to bring outstanding publicity to our program for a long time to come, and his success in the league will be an outstanding angle for the staff to use while recruiting big men (even more than Okafor was).

All in all, Drummond is a huge long-term net positive for the program. In hindsight, I can definitely deal with him not being an impact player on a roster in transition.

I'm not disagreeing with any of this. He is on his way to being one of the best centers. He will bring publicity to our program for a long time. But he didn't play well at UConn. That's all I'm saying. He is playing good in the NBA. I'm not arguing that.

Reaction Score
I never noticed you before today. And I'm never going to notice you again. IGNORED.

But before we part, let me impart the following advice:

No problem. I'll continue to do my best to bring some good information to this thread whether you ignore me or not. This whole Drummond thing is merely MY opinion and nothing else.

Stainmaster

Occasionally Constructive
Reaction Score
No problem. I'll continue to do my best to bring some good information to this thread whether you ignore me or not. This whole Drummond thing is merely MY opinion and nothing else.

None of the information you've posted has been good though.

Also, clean up your grammar: "us students"? "Playing good"? I have many friends at UCONN and I know that the schools gives a better education than that.

Reaction Score
There's a big difference between grammar on school work and grammar on an online blog. Like I said, I wouldn't have gotten in to UConn if I was dumb. And I doubt you have many friends at UConn because if you do you wouldn't say it UCONN.

Reaction Score
I'm not disagreeing with any of this. He is on his way to being one of the best centers. He will bring publicity to our program for a long time. But he didn't play well at UConn. That's all I'm saying. He is playing good in the NBA. I'm not arguing that.

You said he was "horrible". Don't backtrack.

Stainmaster

Occasionally Constructive
Reaction Score
There's a big difference between grammar on school work and grammar on an online blog. Like I said, I wouldn't have gotten in to UConn if I was dumb. And I doubt you have many friends at UConn because if you do you wouldn't say it UCONN.

I'm from Storrs, born and bred motherf***er. Over half of my alma mater's graduating class is on campus. Think again.

And I'm just giving you a tip on how to help with getting taken seriously. Though you don't seem too interested in that.

Reaction Score
he averaged 4 points, 2 rebounds, and 2 blocks less than davis in a harder conference... i think he played pretty well
Not saying he hasnt played well, because he has, and as you can tell by my name i love him, but since when is the Eastern Conference better than the West?

CTBasketball

Former Owner of the Pizza Thread
Reaction Score
I bet if all us Boneyarders are at a bonfire, we would start dumping gasoline and uranium into it. That's how much we like to feed fires.

Reaction Score
But he didn't play well at UConn. That's all I'm saying. .

No, it is not all you are saying, you said you don't consider him a true Husky. That is even worse.

Reaction Score
LMAO "the majority of the students agree," as if this clown has his finger on the pulse of the entire student population.

The only students left at UConn that have seen him play are seniors.

He doesn't care about online blog grammar but cares about message board capitalization. And that's how he judges whether someone is a current student.

And all this during a massive backpedal effort from "doesn't consider a true Husky" to "didn't perform well"

It has got to be nearly impossible to fail harder than this sad, strange, stupid little person

UConnSwag11

Storrs, CT The Mecca
Reaction Score
Not saying he hasnt played well, because he has, and as you can tell by my name i love him, but since when is the Eastern Conference better than the West?
Old Big East is better than the SEC

Reaction Score
LMAO "the majority of the students agree," as if this clown has his finger on the pulse of the entire student population.

The only students left at UConn that have seen him play are seniors.

He doesn't care about online blog grammar but cares about message board capitalization. And that's how he judges whether someone is a current student.

And all this during a massive backpedal effort from "doesn't consider a true Husky" to "didn't perform well"

It has got to be nearly impossible to fail harder than this sad, strange, stupid little person

Wow you call me a sad, strange, stupid little person for having an opinion. It's obviously your opinion that Drummond was good at UConn. I'm not bashing you for your opinion.

Reaction Score
Is JimOllie the same dope that started the poll about should Ollie be fired next year if.....?

Seriously how do people get this stupid? I understand everyone has the right to an opinikn, but good god people should know when to keep their opinions to themselves or they'll reveal how dumb they really are.

Reaction Score
Wow you guys are ruthless. Everyone in this country has the right to an opinion. I stated mine and stomped on for it. The UConn family isn't as close knit as I thought it was.

Reaction Score
Wow you guys are ruthless. Everyone in this country has the right to an opinion. I stated mine and stomped on for it. The UConn family isn't as close knit as I thought it was.

You're the one calling out players for not being True Huskies.

Reaction Score
You're the one calling out players for not being True Huskies.

That's my opinion. I have mine. You have yours. No reason to trash me for saying my opinion.

Reaction Score
Horrible at UConn. Not a horrible player. He's obviously playing well in the NBA right now.

By absolutely no metric except for free throw shooting was he horrible at UConn and yet you keep repeating that inane point and hiding behind it as just your opinion.

If you can't back up your opinion at all that should tell you how valuable it is.

Reaction Score
Wow you call me a sad, strange, stupid little person for having an opinion. It's obviously your opinion that Drummond was good at UConn. I'm not bashing you for your opinion.
Nope, you're allowed to have an opinion; it's just that you are a sad, strange, stupid little person for having your particular idiotic opinion in the first place, and then backpedaling on it like you are.

I never stated an opinion with regards to his performance here at UConn (you being stupid again, stop that), and my opinion is irrelevant to the irrationality of yours, which was, as you began with but have since attempted to re-direct, that Drummond is not a "true Husky."

Reaction Score
Nope, you're allowed to have an opinion; it's just that you are a sad, strange, stupid little person for having your particular idiotic opinion in the first place, and then backpedaling on it like you are.

I never stated an opinion with regards to his performance here at UConn (you being stupid again, stop that), and my opinion is irrelevant to the irrationality of yours, which was, as you began with but have since attempted to re-direct, that Drummond is not a "true Husky."

I'm not calling you idiot for having your opinion. Have some respect.

I'm not backpedaling on anything. Here's my stance: Drummond was not good at UConn. However, he IS a good player. He just didn't show his true ability at UConn which is obviously disappointing. He's playing well in the NBA which will look good for us.

Reaction Score
You trash Drummond and it is an opinion. We trash you and we are ruthless.
This kid is a classic example of that college kid who is book-smart enough to get in to college but has not rational common sense

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MTSuitsky

Top Bottom