Drummond on ESPN right now | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Drummond on ESPN right now

Status
Not open for further replies.

UConnSwag11

Storrs, CT The Mecca
Reaction Score
I don't consider Drummond a true husky and the majority of other UConn students would agree. He came to UConn with huge hype and he stunk. Then to make things worse, he left us in the year we were banned. I could not have been any more disappointed with Drummond's time at UConn.
No we all call him a true husky. You're just salty he left and don't like him out of spite. He's a top 5-8 center and will be imo better than Howard. Kid has so much potential and athleticism.

Reaction Score
He averaged a double double in the real Big East as an 18 year old. He stunk
I don't consider Drummond a true husky and the majority of other UConn students would agree. He came to UConn with huge hype and he stunk. Then to make things worse, he left us in the year we were banned. I could not have been any more disappointed with Drummond's time at UConn.
He averaged a double double in the real Big East as an 18 year old. If freshman Drummond was on this years team we'd have won the Conference with ease. With how putrid our bigs were this season i can't even fathom how you think Drum "stunk"

sammydabiz

I sport NewBalance sneakers to avoid a narrow path
Reaction Score
You've officially lost all credibility, what a joke this post is...lol

Reaction Score
I was 17 and just went to Houston for the Final Four the year before. What a letdown Drummond and that season in general were.

Your an idiot....but i guess even idiots are entitled to their opinion. But don't sit there and pretend it is an opinion of the majority in order to prove your point. Your point is baseless. He was a 10 and 8 guy in the big east. Thats nothing to scoff at. He may have come on in with high accolade and a very high rating but he was still a Freshman in the best conference in the country and he wasn't offensively refined. He was rated so high because of what he could do on the boards, in transition, defending the rim, and based on shear size and athleticism. Unfortunately, he needed to be fed the ball close to the rim and he was foul prone (or another words the refs didn't know how to call a game with him in it). He averaged that 10 and 8 in only 28 minutes a game. If he was playing 35 plus like a player of his caliber could have he would have averaged 16 and 10 easily. We were also coming off of a NC and we all know how difficult it is to gel and figure out new roles the year after that. There was hype and I had high expectations for the year but I was not disappointed nor let down with what he gave us at all. I'm sure there is plenty that agree. And there is NO way I don't consider him a HUSKY, that notion is just absurd.

Reaction Score
He believed Drummond had a horrible freshman season yet is going on and on how good Cassell JR is in another thread.....That tells you something

Reaction Score
1. He's done more for UConn than you ever will
2. You all are idiots
3. No, he didn't stink. 10/8/3
4. He didn't owe UConn anything
5. Too bad you were disappointed

Reactions: caw
Reaction Score
Your posts are horrendous. Almost uniformly.

As a student I know a lot of stuff that goes on inside of UConn which none of you do. I try to bring valuable information to this thread. However this is just an opinion that I feel strongly about.

Reaction Score
He believed Drummond had a horrible freshman season yet is going on and on how good Cassell JR is in another thread.....That tells you something

I do believe Drummond had a horrible freshman season. But I did NOT say how good SCJR is. I said how good he CAN be. Two very different things.

Reaction Score
1. He's done more for UConn than you ever will
2. You all are idiots
3. No, he didn't stink. 10/8/3
4. He didn't owe UConn anything
5. Too bad you were disappointed

1. What has he done for UConn (lost in 1st round of tournament)
2. UConn is very difficult to get into, so we are clearly not idiots
3. 10/8/3 is not good for the highest rated recruit in the country
4. No player ever owes UConn anything
5. I'm not the only one disappointed. If you can tell me you were pleased with how Drummond played in his one year, that's scary.

Reaction Score
jim time to take some time off from the boneyard buddy. work on your studies or something and come back in a few years

I'm doing just fine in school. Thanks for your concern. Not to sound rude but I have the right to my opinion just like you have the right to yours. And I'm not the only one who has this opinion about Drummond...trust me.

Reaction Score
1. What has he done for UConn (lost in 1st round of tournament)
2. UConn is very difficult to get into, so we are clearly not idiots
3. 10/8/3 is not good for the highest rated recruit in the country
4. No player ever owes UConn anything
5. I'm not the only one disappointed. If you can tell me you were pleased with how Drummond played in his one year, that's scary.
Here's an idea: how's about you get the hell outta this thread and let the rest of us talk about Drummond's game tonight?

Reaction Score
I'm doing just fine in school. Thanks for your concern. Not to sound rude but I have the right to my opinion just like you have the right to yours. And I'm not the only one who has this opinion about Drummond...trust me.
What's your major? Hopefully it isn't Chief00 studies.

Reaction Score
drummond with 22 and 13 so far

I'm not saying he isn't doing good in the NBA. He is. He will be one of the top centers in a few years. I'm just unhappy with how he played while at UConn. I'm not underestimating his talent at all.

Stainmaster

Occasionally Constructive
Reaction Score
@JimOllie, stop making the rest of us younger folks look bad. Seriously bro...

As an aside, any disappointment I had stemming from Drummond's tenure at UCONN was immediately nullified upon his NBA breakout. He is well on his way to being one of the best centers in the league, and he is honestly a better ambassador for UCONN than almost all of his contemporaries are for their schools. Drummond will continue to bring outstanding publicity to our program for a long time to come, and his success in the league will be an outstanding angle for the staff to use while recruiting big men (even more than Okafor was).

All in all, Drummond is a huge long-term net positive for the program. In hindsight, I can definitely deal with him not being an impact player on a roster in transition.

nomar

#1 Casual Fan™
Reaction Score

I never noticed you before today. And I'm never going to notice you again. IGNORED.

But before we part, let me impart the following advice:

UConnSwag11

Storrs, CT The Mecca
Reaction Score
I'm not saying he isn't doing good in the NBA. He is. He will be one of the top centers in a few years. I'm just unhappy with how he played while at UConn. I'm not underestimating his talent at all.
he averaged 4 points, 2 rebounds, and 2 blocks less than davis in a harder conference... i think he played pretty well

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MTSuitsky

Top Bottom