Drummond on ESPN right now | Page 4 | The Boneyard

Drummond on ESPN right now

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
You trash Drummond and it is an opinion. We trash you and we are ruthless.

I'm not "trashing" Drummond. There has been plenty of players who I haven't been happy with at UConn.

Reaction Score
This kid is a classic example of that college kid who is book-smart enough to get in to college but has not rational common sense

I have plenty of common sense. If none of us posted our opinions as I have done, there would be no thread. Everyone on here posting has their opinion and I respect it. Please respect me for having my opinion.

Reaction Score
I'm not "trashing" Drummond. There has been plenty of players who I haven't been happy with at UConn.
"Not a true husky" "stunk" "should have stayed" "disappointing" K

Reaction Score
Saying dude is not a "true Husky" (and who do you really think you are to make that distinction) after he WALKED ON to play for UConn is just an idiotic thing to assert. And if you thought that saying that wasn't going to piss people off here, you're an even bigger idiot.

Reaction Score
I'm not calling you idiot for having your opinion. Have some respect.

I'm not backpedaling on anything. Here's my stance: Drummond was not good at UConn. However, he IS a good player. He just didn't show his true ability at UConn which is obviously disappointing. He's playing well in the NBA which will look good for us.
I can respect your opinion. I think where you kind of went off the rails was when you said the majority of UConn students would agree with you. One person, or your group of friends, or the people you know, does not account for the 30,000 others enrolled at UConn. Your opinion, fine. But you're gonna get some blowback when you speak for other people, as displayed by some current students in this thread.

Reaction Score
Saying dude is not a "true Husky" (and who do you really think you are to make that distinction) after he WALKED ON to play for UConn is just an idiotic thing to assert. And if you thought that saying that wasn't going to piss people off here, you're an even bigger idiot.

I will admit the fact that he walked on just so someone wouldn't have to give up their scholarship was very classy. That I respect a lot.

Reaction Score
I can respect your opinion. I think where you kind of went off the rails was when you said the majority of UConn students would agree with you. One person, or your group of friends, or the people you know, does not account for the 30,000 others enrolled at UConn. Your opinion, fine. But your gonna get some blowback when you speak for other people, as displayed by some current students in this thread.

I hear you. Sorry if it sounded like that. Thanks for respecting my opinion. I will do the same with yours.

Reaction Score
I have plenty of common sense. If none of us posted our opinions as I have done, there would be no thread. Everyone on here posting has their opinion and I respect it. Please respect me for having my opinion.
You just don't get it, son; and that's why you have no common sense. Just look around you. You think it's just a massive coincidence that you're the only one with the gaul to say AD was not a true husky, was a disappointment, stuck, should have stayed, etc., and that nobody is coming to back you up?

, the KO firing squad has bigger support than you.

Reaction Score
I will admit the fact that he walked on just so someone wouldn't have to give up their scholarship was very classy. That I respect a lot.
Then you don't know what respect is if you think you can then turn around and say derp he isn't a true Husky (I'd love to hear your definition of a "true Husky" by the way, should be a great laugh). But you're what, a 19 year old boy, I wouldn't expect you to.

Reaction Score
Then you don't know what respect is if you think you can then turn around and say derp he isn't a true Husky (I'd love to hear your definition of a "true Husky" by the way, should be a great laugh). But you're what, 19, I wouldn't expect you to.

Alright let's just give this up. We obviously have our difference of opinions and there's no resolving them.

Reaction Score
You gonna take you opinion respecting to the courtroom, Mr. law concentration?
001.jpg

I'd pay money to see you in a courtroom making a case to a judge.

Reaction Score
Like I said, let's just end this. The thread was about Drummond and you're making it into so much more than that. Carry on.

Reaction Score
I genuinely would like to hear how you classify "true" Huskies, for genuine laughs

Reaction Score
I genuinely would like to hear how you classify "true" Huskies, for genuine laughs

I better not. That might just cause more backlash from you. However here are some true huskies: Shabazz, Kemba, Boatright, Emeka, Rashad, Caron, Adrien, Price, M Williams, Giffey, D Brown, Rip, RayRay

Reaction Score
I better not. That might just cause more backlash from you. However here are some true huskies: Shabazz, Kemba, Boatright, Emeka, Rashad, Caron, Adrien, Price, M Williams, Giffey, D Brown, Rip, RayRay

What about Nadav Henefeld?

Reaction Score
@JimOllie I do not agree with you regarding Drummond, but we have had far more ridiculous opinions posted here received with less backlash. Don't take the venom personally, it is the Boneyard way, especially in regards to newcomers like yourself.

Facts are, for as physically gifted as Drummond is, he will never be revered by UConn fans as much as the three and four players that won championships. I don't think that's his fault; in fact, I'm certain it isn't. Seems to me you are just expressing a sentiment - that one and done players are less enjoyable to root for - in the wrong way.

Reaction Score
Like I said, it would be for laughs.

You've demonstrated repeatedly that you can't pick up what I'm putting down. It's pointless to try to have an actual discussion with you.

Reaction Score
Was Drummond's team (2012) disappointing? Unquestionably.
Did Drummond contribute to that team's struggles? Yeah.
Was he the main culprit behind the team's being dysfunctional? No.
Was his individual season less than expected, given the hype? Yeah, I'd say so.
Was he a "bust" relative to other centers or other freshmen? Eh, not really.
Would we be better off if he didn't come here? On-court, basketball-wise, it's debatable. When you consider his NBA status and being an ambassador for the program, it's not.
Is he a "true Husky"? Who cares. Of course his career isn't remembered as fondly as that of someone like Ray, Rip, Emeka, Kemba, or Shabazz, but given the answer above, we're glad to have him in the fold.

C

Chief00

There are disappointments in life - to blame a Freshman for all the stuff that went down on 2012 is ridiculous - that year was all about the NCAA hammering UConn. The team also lacked chemistry and Coach Calhoun and Boatshow were in and out of the lineup for various reasons.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MTSuitsky

Top Bottom