Drummond on ESPN right now | The Boneyard

Drummond on ESPN right now

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
I know some don't view Drummond as a "true Husky" (which is stupid), but I love having him as an ambassador for our program. He's just 21 years old, rebounds at a historic rate, has a burgeoning offensive game, and is generally just an exciting player. On top of that, he gives UConn love any chance he gets.

Despite somewhat of a downturn in our NBA production in recent years, Drummond has a real chance to be a star in the league.

Reaction Score
I know some don't view Drummond as a "true Husky" (which is stupid), but I love having him as an ambassador for our program. He's just 21 years old, rebounds at a historic rate, has a burgeoning offensive game, and is generally just an exciting player. On top of that, he gives UConn love any chance he gets.

Despite somewhat of a downturn in our NBA production in recent years, Drummond has a real chance to be a star in the league.

I don't consider Drummond a true husky and the majority of other UConn students would agree. He came to UConn with huge hype and he stunk. Then to make things worse, he left us in the year we were banned. I could not have been any more disappointed with Drummond's time at UConn.

BUConn10

Artist formerly known as BUHusky10
Reaction Score
I don't consider Drummond a true husky and the majority of other UConn students would agree. He came to UConn with huge hype and he stunk. Then to make things worse, he left us in the year we were banned. I could not have been any more disappointed with Drummond's time at UConn.
This is so dumb. Drummond 100% made the best move for him by leaving after that one year. He had lottery pick stock which when is the case you need to go, as well as the impending post season ban wasn't going to help anyone. I'd say more than anything UConn let down Drummond with its poor play despite its loaded roster that year, which I think partially contributed to his drop to #9 in the draft.

Now, more than ever, UConn's NBA presence needs to improve as our last generation of players are aging and retiring. Drummond will be a great ambassador for the program in the NBA, which is essential for recruiting presence.

Reaction Score

Wow! Stunk? I guess you haven't either played or watched much basketball. I can't believe some of the things I read on the Boneyard.

Reaction Score
Wow! Stunk? I guess you haven't either played or watched much basketball. I can't believe some of the things I read on the Boneyard.

I haven't missed a game in years. He's as disappointing of a player i've ever seen here.

phillionaire

esta noche somos mantequilla
Reaction Score
JimOllie said:
I'm a student and us students talk to each other about basketball.
I was a student when Drummond played and everyone I talked to loved him and had no problem with him going to the draft. The kid loves UCONN. You're just an imbecile.

Reaction Score
I was a student when Drummond played and everyone I talked to loved him and had no problem with him going to the draft. The kid loves UCONN. You're just an imbecile.

Yeah we all loved him when he was there. It's how bad he was and how he left. Let's not forget that this guy was the #1 recruit in the country and yet in the first round of the NCAA Tournament he scored two points and fouled out. That was the game I really became frustrated with him.

Reaction Score
I haven't missed a game in years. He's as disappointing of a player i've ever seen here.
Drummond nearly averaged a double double with 3 blocks in Big East play as a freshman. The narrative that he didn't produce at UConn is just blatantly false.

Our struggles in 2012 had very little to do with Drummond's play, and very much to do with struggling to replace arguably our best player ever coming off of a championship. He also very likely would have stayed for a second season had we not been banned. Andre bleeds blue, and I will never understand fans who view him negatively for his time at UConn.

Reaction Score
Yeah we all loved him when he was there. It's how bad he was and how he left. Let's not forget that this guy was the #1 recruit in the country and yet in the first round of the NCAA Tournament he scored two points and fouled out. That was the game I really became frustrated with him.

He was not "bad". Come on.

Reaction Score
Drummond nearly averaged a double double with 3 blocks in Big East play as a freshman. The narrative that he didn't produce at UConn is just blatantly false.

Our struggles in 2012 had very little to do with Drummond's play, and very much to do with struggling to replace arguably our best player ever coming off of a championship. He also very likely would have stayed for a second season had we not been banned. Andre bleeds blue, and I will never understand fans who view him negatively for his time at UConn.

I'm not blaming him for the loss but he certainly made it worse but not contributing whatsoever.

Reaction Score

You were like 12.

phillionaire

esta noche somos mantequilla
Reaction Score
JimOllie said:
Dude he averaged a double double in the big east. And him leaving was him doing what was best for him. He didn't "owe" you a second year.

Reaction Score
He was not "bad". Come on.

If he had come in as a normal recruit and averaged 10 and 7 like he did, I would have been happy. But this guy was the #1 RECRUIT! You cannot honestly tell me when Drummond committed you thought that he would barely average 10PPG. He came in with such high expectations and just did not fill those shoes. He was picked by many as freshman preseason POY. He was recruited similar to Anthony Davis and boy what a difference that turned out to be.

SteelCT

Student of the Game
Reaction Score
I'm also a student (been at UConn for longer than I care to admit) and love Uconn and Drummond. He's a great kid, freak athlete and I am honored that the best prospect to come out of CT in years actually went to UConn. It is not every year that we the state of Connecticut produces a sure fire lottery pick. Who was the last one before him?

ctchamps

We are UConn!! 4>1 But 5>>>>1 is even better!
Reaction Score
If he had come in as a normal recruit and averaged 10 and 7 like he did, I would have been happy. But this guy was the #1 RECRUIT! You cannot honestly tell me when Drummond committed you thought that he would barely average 10PPG. He came in with such high expectations and just did not fill those shoes. He was picked by many as freshman preseason POY. He was recruited similar to Anthony Davis and boy what a difference that turned out to be.
As you get older you will have two options. Stay with your expectations and blame others when they aren't met. Or learn to realize that expectations are not absolutes!

Reaction Score
Drummonds season here was not an easy one. Expectations were high. Number one leader in the locker room was gone in kemba. That sadly left oriakhi as the leader of the team. Something he just wasn't cut out to be. Also factor in Calhouns health that season. I love Drummond and I don't know what you consider a "true" husky. He could have done a post grad year and gone straight to the pros but he came to uconn because he loves uconn. Kid is a husky through and through...

Reaction Score
You're young and probably don't know much so I'll forgive your contributions to this thread.

Reactions: caw

pnow15

Previously pnete
Reaction Score
Well, Drummond was raw and inconsistent and he took Oriaki's minutes. This pissed Oriaki off and he played poorly.
So, we had a pouting Oriaki and a young Drummond. Calhoun went with the talent. All coaches go with the talent.
Calhoun wasn't planning on retiring but he got hurt. I think if there were no probation and Calhoun stays, we might have gotten 3 years out of Drummond. But when someone whats to hand you a guaranteed 10 mil and fast cars and beautiful woman are waiting, twist my arm.

UConnSwag11

Storrs, CT The Mecca
Reaction Score
Such a dumb post. That team had so many issues, mainly chemistry issues. Drummond was so big for the game he has more room to operate in the pros. We had so many options that to force feed him the ball would've been a mistake. I remember the games against cuse, he kept us in the game. If he didn't roll his ankle away at cuse we win. With ao in the mix it was hard for him to operate with another big next to him who didn't space the floor.

UConnSwag11

Storrs, CT The Mecca
Reaction Score
Well, Drummond was raw and inconsistent and he took Oriaki's minutes. This pissed Oriaki off and he played poorly.
So, we had a pouting Oriaki and a young Drummond. Calhoun went with the talent. All coaches go with the talent.
Calhoun wasn't planning on retiring but he got hurt I think if there were no probation and Calhoun stays, we might have gotten 3 years out of Drummond. But when someone whats to hand you a guaranteed 10 mil and fast cars and beautiful woman are waiting, twist my arm.
What? No way Drummond stays for 3. A 5% for two years if there was no ban. If there was no one hear rule he'd be a top two pick

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MTSuitsky

Top Bottom